ADVERTISEMENT

RU ranked #25 out of 132 public universities

GeorgeStreet

Senior
Jul 27, 2001
US News rankings are out for 2018. Rutgers is tied with U of Minnesota, Virginia Tech, and Texas A&M among 132 public universities. Overall RU is #69 among all public and private national universities.

Not good enough... I remember back in 1992. We were #2 for Money magazine's best college buy next to Rice University. US News also only ranked the top 25 colleges. We were in the first tier.

Reactions: RuSnp
I do work internationally and I can say that we do not use the USN&WR rankings when looking at schools. We are more concerned how a the school ranks internationally and I can say RU fairs well. Singapore Rating is what we use.

Reactions: garyrc70
I do work internationally and I can say that we do not use the USN&WR rankings when looking at schools. We are more concerned how a the school ranks internationally and I can say RU fairs well. Singapore Rating is what we use.

Do you have a link to that?

One thing is for sure, RU needs to play the USNWR game much better.
Clemson? Ridiculous.

Reactions: BigRnj
US News rankings are out for 2018. Rutgers is tied with U of Minnesota, Virginia Tech, and Texas A&M among 132 public universities. Overall RU is #69 among all public and private national universities.
The top three things that're keeping us out of the Top 20: endowment size, donors as % of alumni, and alumni satisfaction ratings.

You can't do much about the first one, but the other two could swing mightily any given year.

Reactions: soundcrib
The top three things that're keeping us out of the Top 20: endowment size, donors as % of alumni, and alumni satisfaction ratings.

You can't do much about the first one, but the other two could swing mightily any given year.

Of course the first 2 are also idiotic metrics to value the quality of education. And the 3rd probably doesn' make all that much sense either, as while it probably correlates, it is a very indirect correlation.

Rutgers Business School Rankings
Rutgers Business School-Newark and New Brunswick is recognized as one of the top three business schools in the New York City Region, and is the highest-ranked business school in New Jersey.
#1 MBA Employment among the Big 10 Schools - U.S. News & World Report - Learn More
#1 Public Business School in the Tri-State Area (NY, NJ, CT) - U.S. News & World Report - Learn More
#1 Return on Investment, salary increase (%) in the US - Financial Times - Learn More
#1 AIS Groups in auditing research - globally - Brigham Young University (BYU) Ranking of Accounting Research
#2 Top Business Schools for Supply Chain Management - Find-MBA.com
#4 Top Business Schools for Healthcare / Pharma / Biotech - Find-MBA.com
#5 Top Business Schools for Marketing - Find-MBA.com
#5 Top Business Schools for Operations Management - Find-MBA.com
#6 Best Online Graduate Business Programs for Veterans (Excluding MBA) -

Rutgers Business School Rankings
Rutgers Business School-Newark and New Brunswick is recognized as one of the top three business schools in the New York City Region, and is the highest-ranked business school in New Jersey.
#1 MBA Employment among the Big 10 Schools - U.S. News & World Report - Learn More
#1 Public Business School in the Tri-State Area (NY, NJ, CT) - U.S. News & World Report - Learn More
#1 Return on Investment, salary increase (%) in the US - Financial Times - Learn More
#1 AIS Groups in auditing research - globally - Brigham Young University (BYU) Ranking of Accounting Research
#2 Top Business Schools for Supply Chain Management - Find-MBA.com
#4 Top Business Schools for Healthcare / Pharma / Biotech - Find-MBA.com
#5 Top Business Schools for Marketing - Find-MBA.com
#5 Top Business Schools for Operations Management - Find-MBA.com
#6 Best Online Graduate Business Programs for Veterans (Excluding MBA) -
Rutgers Business School has been great for my son, with plenty of Alum in high places for employment.A lot of bang for the buck going to a highly rated State school IMHO

Of course the first 2 are also idiotic metrics to value the quality of education. And the 3rd probably doesn' make all that much sense either, as while it probably correlates, it is a very indirect correlation.
Agree with @Ole Cabbagehead.

But if we flip the script in @17Q66's post and make the third part, alumni satisfaction a priority I bet #1 and #2 go up over time.

Amazing ped and md as when we had rc, we were ahead as a university and ped was a safety school. big did well for them

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT