ADVERTISEMENT

RU v NW Game Thread

Up until the MSU game they were looking so good. These lats two have been terrible. I feel like i have entered the Twilight Zone.

I would be worried that this team may make a first round Big 10 exit...and wonder if they drop to a bubble team..remember the rpi aint so hot and last year RU got left out. I have seen stranger things happen. They better win at least two more games going forward.

Looks like now even if RU wins its first round game, RU is probably looking at the 5 seed where they will play Northwestern again but goodbye bye, I guess there may be a scenario where they finish as the 6 seed

Two pathetic performances in a row. They will go one and out in both tournaments.

We have no signature wins and barely beat the bottom dwellers. With a lineup loaded with experienced all-americans this team is beyond belief.

There are no offensive plays, our press isn't working, no three point shooters.

I think the entire coaching staff should stand before the paying ticket holders and offer some type of explanation. I am so pessimistic on this team right now I may stay home on Sunday.

What happened to that dynamite offense I saw during most of the season where our women averaged 70 points a game? I will love to read what the apologists here have to say after this debacle?

This post was edited on 2/26 9:22 PM by RU MAN

Originally posted by mom'sthefan:
Maybe it's the mom in me, but my first impulse is not (like some others here) to get mad at my team. Rather, I am worried about them -- what's wrong, either physically or psychologically? A team doesn't collapse to this degree with no reason at all; something is going on that is upsetting them and throwing them off. I want to give them all hugs....
Come on already, there are experienced adult women who have tremendous talent. They receive a free education. Hug us fans who are confounded by this......

Sorry about that, I just lost patience with them.

I'm not sure why Scaife is still in there. Turnovers, missed layups etc. II'm really worried about her psyche.

A experienced team having two straight abysmal performance is totally unacceptable.What is really concerning is that the coaching staff seems clueless to correct what is going on.If I didn't know better ,I might think the mens team futility has now permeated onto the womens team because its unwatchable basketball.

It's over....clear the bench, they deserve more than the last minute of a game.

Rest the starters, they have to travel and play a game on sunday they they have an outside chance to win.

the defense is particularly bad...I realize Hollivay is out but even with a bad offense, the defense has kept us in games. Of course Scaife has been AWOL all but one game the last 7 games. If she is going to be this bad then Parker needs to play and Scaife must sit

Originally posted by MC1974:
It's over....clear the bench, they deserve more than the last minute of a game.

Rest the starters, they have to travel and play a game on sunday they they have an outside chance to win.
exactly take them out....RU just got beat on a longball..this may be one of the worst losses ever not to someone named UConn..is Hernandez in the game...let her in and bomb

80-60......giving up 80 points...not a good defense. RU is out of the top 25 next week, do not deserve it. Not ONE positive the past two games...none and there is no bench, no post play, two guards who give nothing on offense, and your supposed leading scorer in a deep slump so that leaves only two players Copper/Laney who can score...doesn't sound like a good team to me

Two minutes left, a twenty point deficit, and we are pressing (to no avail) with the starters.

Has she lost her mind????????

WTR, it's over, your team LOST. It's on you, coach, lose the stubbornness.

Really, as much as I love her, she is embarassing the team right now.

Very disappoined in this game. There is something not right with this team. I can't believe I will be in Chicago for four days to see other teams play. Was not expecting this meltdown from an experienced team.

Oh well, we have really gone into a tailspin. So what does this mean, #5 in the conference and a likely #7 in the tournament?

They looked like a very very tired team. So many missed shots means tired legs.

Hope they can get some rest before Big tourney.

While this was definitely a poor performance, how can you say there were no positives. Laney with 21 and 11 and Copper with 20 came to play. Even Butts wasn't bad - 3-3 from the field and 1-2 free throws,

There is definitely something wrong with Tyler and without Rachel we were in an uphill battle from the tip against a team that has been playing well all season. We can't expect Laney and Copper to double their normal production to make up for Tyler's shooting woes and Rachel's injury. The loss at MSU was worse IMO. Davis has never been a scorer but usually we can afford one player who doesn't provide offense on the floor and she usually is exceptional on D. Canty has been struggling since she returned from injury and Parker doesn't attempt a lot of shots when she is in either. Evans isn't an offensive weapon and Cynthia has been streaky. Not sure what the Coaches could have done tonight to generate more offense, given our personnel situation.

Forget where we will be seeded I the two tourneys. It does not matter. We can't score and our defense is non existent so it is most likely one and done in both. Sad late season collapse.

Copper needs another scorer to join her. Sadly, she has none. Tyler is not the scoring answer. Without effective scorers, Rutgers needs someone to safely distribute the ball to get high percentage shots. If Tyler could learn to do that...

Originally posted by RU old timer:
Copper needs another scorer to join her. Sadly, she has none. Tyler is not the scoring answer. Without effective scorers, Rutgers needs someone to safely distribute the ball to get high percentage shots. If Tyler could learn to do that...
Betnijah Laney- 21 points, double double, and was injured on what should have been a flagrant charge

Originally posted by bac2therac:
80-60......giving up 80 points...not a good defense. RU is out of the top 25 next week, do not deserve it. Not ONE positive the past two games...none and there is no bench, no post play, two guards who give nothing on offense, and your supposed leading scorer in a deep slump so that leaves only two players Copper/Laney who can score...doesn't sound like a good team to me
Don't be a downer bac. Let the rest of the season play out. We will be there in the NCAA's and the real season begins. BTW, let's hope we get seeded in the Est this year close to home.

N I T. N I T. N I T.

Because, you know, a deep run in the NIT will be a great experience for the 15-16 season.

Shields -- We've all seen this movie before. Like Carlos Santana said: "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." Carlos Santana. George Santayana. Same thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT