ADVERTISEMENT

RU v NW Game Thread

Giving up rebounds on the defensive side, we have positioning but are being out-hustled for the ball, giving them second and third chances.

Nifty feed from Tyler to Ariel!

Originally posted by suzebe:
For those watching on BTN plus:

Is Rachel dressed?
I didn't notice......too busy watching our traveling violations. we are out of synch...again!

Laney is our only player scoring any points. tyler put up an air ball.

I saw a tweet from RU bball today of the team at warm ups in a distant circle. I thought I saw Rachel dressed in practice gear but I couldnt tell how she was.

Canty and Davis not being offensive option as well as our posts was warned before. You just cant rely on three players and no bench....the more I am thinking about it the more I see this team as just a top 25 type team no better...its too limited..you cant just have only 3 scorers who can score. No post scoring, no point guard scoring, no backup point guard scoring and no bench scoring.

WRSU announcers are low-key to the point of snooze-inducing. Not liking what I'm hearing, either -- although as usual of late, Copper came to play.

From Rutgers Twitter feed.

Rachel Hollivay will sit out tonight's game with a left groin strain suffered in the MSU game on Sun. She is listed as day-to-day.

holy moly why are we so bad...down 9...wow but you know you could see this coming though by how there were so many black holes on offense

where is Hernandez

We picked a bad time to go into a slump. We look very bad, lots of turnovers, poor rebounding.

Refs wont call a travel on NW

halftime...Northwestern 32 Rutgers 24....defense bad, offense bad, intensity bad

a loss tonight might drop RU's seed all the way to 8 and a possible matchup with a one seed namely UConn

Wow are we struggling on offense, what happened over the past 2 weeks? Scaife has zero points again. Defense is fine. We have 1 Half to show we are a top 25 team.

A WRSU announcer best expressed the atrocious Rutgers performance by answering a question as to what to expect from Rutgers after a time out.His response was more sloppy play.Unfortunately, the last two games resemble the unwatchable basketball from previous seasons.Its like these players were not on the court before .Scaife did not score in the first half which makes it almost impossible for Rutgers to win .Allowing Northwestern far too many second and third shots is unacceptable .I don't know what is going on with this team and what is more concerning ,I doubt Stringer has the answer.This isn't the way to perform as the season is ending and to get ready for tournament play.

I cant figure out why such poor play. Tyler is MIA again. Her lack of scoring throws the rhythm of the whole offense off.

They look like they are running in sand.

But not over just yet, we still have a second half to play.

Lets go RU

Everything can't be negative. Our foul situation isn't bad....not one post player committed a foul (unofficially, as I haven't checked the box yet.

What frustrates me the most is the turnovers, we are dropping passes inside and traveling. Also we are giving up way too many offensive rebounds and they already hit three threes.

We look confused as ever. I would praise the defense but if NW made some of those missed layups and bunnies (uncontested, many) this would be a twenty point blowout already.

Very, very disappointed with the play of this team this week.

RU didn't even take a foul shot, neither did Northwestern but clearly we are not playing aggressive enough on offense. Will Canty ever score again?

Originally posted by bac2therac:

RU didn't even take a foul shot, neither did Northwestern but clearly we are not playing aggressive enough on offense. Will Canty ever score again?
Tyler has been not getting foul calls driving to the basket and once again early in the game it's hurting her confidence.
I still think it's both physical and mental.

we need her to find it or we have no chance

Northwestern took 37 shots helped by getting 9 offensive rebounds.
And they hit some threes. There is the lead.

Maybe it's the mom in me, but my first impulse is not (like some others here) to get mad at my team. Rather, I am worried about them -- what's wrong, either physically or psychologically? A team doesn't collapse to this degree with no reason at all; something is going on that is upsetting them and throwing them off. I want to give them all hugs....

Copper misses her free throws.....4 misses in a row.... RU is just 3-7.

Northwestern isn't even doing a lot, but RU is doing nothing offensively

This is totally mental. I'm not sure how they right the ship, but they better do it fast.

Northwestern 43 RU 27....RU outscored 11-3 out of the lockerroom...a total meltdown and embarrassment...no made fgs in the 2nd half

How can you score with this line up:
Davis, Canty, and Evans plus an 0 for the night Scaife?.

Parker hits a 3...at this point put her and Cynthia in and let them try to get RU back in the game. Only Copper is doing anything of the other players...

Northwestern is as fast if not faster than RU...did RU prepare at all? Seems like the defense has no answers for what Nwestern is doing

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT