ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs Michigan 2/23/23 game thread

ScarletteK80

Heisman Winner
Mar 4, 2003
Just realized what the date is, lol. Let's go ladies. Just hope they aren't overwhelmed out yonder.

We're just not playing good ball on either side, offense or defense. This is a game we should get when they are w/o Phelia and Brown??!!

Disappointing finish to this season if we don't pull out the last one against Illinois Sunday.

It's been hard to watch these last few games.

One thing that's been weird to see play out on the Michigan side is,....

Michelle Sidor ???!

She must love the school because she hasn't seen any minutes for them since arriving there what??, four years ago??

I missed the first half tonight. I hope she at least got to start tonight for senior night.

Is she injured?? I'm surprised she has stayed there. She did lead the state of NJ in scoring, right?

53-71. KBA held them back till the 4th.
More like we just stunk in the fourth qtr.

Nobody played with a sense of urgency to get back in the game besides Kaylene. We were way too laid back to be down 12-14 pts with 4 minutes left. We play like we 're just going through the motions to get to final whistle. They weren't like this earlier....even with all the turnovers...they were more aggressive defensively and somewhat relentless offensively. Hence, we called them the "never give up" team. They look like they don't believe they can win these games lately.

We may need someone on that staff to be a little more fiery and energetic because, IMO, the team takes on the demeanor of CoachW. Coach is very laid back, calm and poised at all times,...which is a good thing. But the players need someone to come with that fire, from time to time.

That is one thing I recall about CW's PSU teams when we played them. We usually out-toughed them to the finish line. We all remember CVS ripping into the team when necessary to wake them up to play to her standard of hustle and fight, to the end.

IDK, maybe I need to go back and watch the first half. Maybe they used all their energy getting back even at half after falling behind by a lot early.

Somebody, help me understand. 😬🤔🥺

More like we just stunk in the fourth qtr.

Nobody played with a sense of urgency to get back in the game besides Kaylene. We were way too laid back to be down 12-14 pts with 4 minutes left. We play like we 're just going through the motions to get to final whistle. They weren't like this earlier....even with all the turnovers...they were more aggressive defensively and somewhat relentless offensively. Hence, we called them the "never give up" team. They look like they don't believe they can win these games lately.
They just outright looked exhausted.

We may need someone on that staff to be a little more fiery and energetic because, IMO, the team takes on the demeanor of CoachW. Coach is very laid back, calm and poised at all times,...which is a good thing. But the players need someone to come with that fire, from time to time.

That is one thing I recall about CW's PSU teams when we played them. We usually out-toughed them to the finish line. We all remember CVS ripping into the team when necessary to wake them up to play to her standard of hustle and fight, to the end.

IDK, maybe I need to go back and watch the first half. Maybe they used all their energy getting back even at half after falling behind by a lot early.

Just doesn't matter, it was what it was. Michigan was missing 2 starters, or more likely KBA was just resting them, and not risk any injuries.

After going back and looking at the first half, I probably need to scale down my criticism of the team's fourth quarter effort last night. I agree with you Scarlette, ...they looked a bit worn down on second look.

Our effort was there, but Mich shot it well down the stretch (got too many open threes). And we don't have the size to match up with the much improved E.Kiser.

Guess everyone went out to watch the men's game last night. Just two responders on a game thread has to be a first on this board.

???

One thing that's been weird to see play out on the Michigan side is,....

Michelle Sidor ???!

She must love the school because she hasn't seen any minutes for them since arriving there what??, four years ago??

I missed the first half tonight. I hope she at least got to start tonight for senior night.

Is she injured?? I'm surprised she has stayed there. She did lead the state of NJ in scoring, right?
She has missed the season due to injury, appearing in only one game (injured apparently in the exhibition game).

She played a small role other seasons and was expected to step up this season, unfortunately, it didn't work out.

Women's basketball (and all college sports) have plenty of similar stories.

She has missed the season due to injury, appearing in only one game (injured apparently in the exhibition game).

She played a small role other seasons and was expected to step up this season, unfortunately, it didn't work out.

Women's basketball (and all college sports) have plenty of similar stories.
Okay. Injury makes it make more sense. If she gets to redshirt this year, she may still have two years with the covid year.

With the portal, going forward, I don't see too many high-profile recruits being that patient to sit three years before expecting to play a significant role.

Phelia came in and has gotten significant time immediately, as has Kampschroeder this year.

I know she probably wouldn't, but a move to come back home as a grad transfer and play plenty of minutes as our point guard ??? 🤔

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT