ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs Michigan game thread 2/24/21 3pm

We look asleep. No offense flow and killed on offensive boards. Oh well. Down the tubes with a loss. On to the next.

Reactions: runner3283
Both teams look lost, just don't get it. Really blah game. Here is hoping we wake up. And, Tyia with her worst game this year.

We are playing better when I am busy and unable to really watch. So you can blame me if we lose. Fortunately, I have not seen most of the 4th quarter (and I missed the 8-0 run to start the 3rd).

Reactions: gigantor1024
YIKES.That Was a bad collision of T Mack and Ref. Ref got crushed as TM sprinted off court.

Hope both Tekia and the ref are okay. Honestly thought this was one of the better officiated games of the season.

typical freak accident and not even during the game even weirder

Great game and 2nd half comeback consisting of 4th quarter wipe out.
Hoping for quick recovery by the official and T Mack not affected by the collision

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Even with Arella having a very poor game from the field, she still almost had a triple double with 11pts, 9 rebounds, and 8 assists (though 6TOs is way too many)

Chris, please follow up on ref's injury report and post here.

Nothing new other than that they prayed for her and will continue to do so. Mack hurt her jaw a bit, but she's ok.

Will be updated story with a few quotes. Believe Rutgers will now get a double-bye in the Big Ten Tournament

Congratulations ladies! Great come from behind win. In the 4th quarter the team smothered MSU into a ton of mistakes and we went from 7 down to a 10 point victory. Awesome. Just awesome.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Chris, please follow up on ref's injury report and post here.

A media update: Official taken to hospital.

Lisa Byington has tweeted the following regarding the official hurt - Enlund: (don't know how to link her tweet)

"Our crew at the B1G Network, who worked the MSU-Rutgers women’s bkb game, sends our best wishes to official Angie Enlund. We know she was responsive and communicating before she was taken to the hospital. We hope for the best for Angie, she is such a quality person & official!"

Reactions: Esipos1
A media update: Official taken to hospital.

Lisa Byington has tweeted the following regarding the official hurt - Enlund: (don't know how to link her tweet)

"Our crew at the B1G Network, who worked the MSU-Rutgers women’s bkb game, sends our best wishes to official Angie Enlund. We know she was responsive and communicating before she was taken to the hospital. We hope for the best for Angie, she is such a quality person & official!"
Hopefully the hospital trip was a precautionary move, overnight stay maybe, in order to assess if she sustained a concussion or another type of head injury
Hoping everything will come out OK and the ref will be home after she's deemed unharmed after her hospital check-up

Much better second half but the next 2 games will not be easy. Have to play better for 40 minutes.

Games are 40 minutes.

And who calls a game a loss down 7 going into the 4th?
oh come on.. there was some luck in pulling that out. if you can do that in the 4th.. where was that all game long? The previous quarter saw us erase a 7 point deficit only to give it back up. Clearly that was on fans' minds.

I just watched the full game, and I don't get why folks were on Tyia so much? RU got destroyed on the boards but not sure how much you can put that on her (though I wasn't looking too closely)--we came into the game with a size disadvantage. Yes, she missed her first few shots, but they were nearly all mid range shots that she can make, and she was huge in the fourth quarter.

Arella looks like she can get so frustrated on the court, but she seems to get her head back in the game quickly. Nice to see Martino get some time, play through a couple mistakes, and keep RU alive in the 2nd quarter with her 3-point shooting.

Overall, the team was not play well offensively (I actually though the defense was ok most of the game, minus some open threes for MSU in the early going) but found a way to win going away on the road. Very important to show they can grind out a win even when the offense is off.

oh come on.. there was some luck in pulling that out. if you can do that in the 4th.. where was that all game long? The previous quarter saw us erase a 7 point deficit only to give it back up. Clearly that was on fans' minds.

Luck? Really ?

It was only 7 points down in a game (basketball) that is a game of runs.

And, they had just erased a 7 point half time deficit in about 3 minutes.

And, this is a team that routinely turns on the defensive pressure late to erase or extend leads.

Last edited:
Reactions: TRU2RU
You are clueless and negative - If you watch this team at all and understand basketball you would never had posted this. I guess that explains things.

You are clueless and negative - If you watch this team at all and understand basketball you would never had posted this. I guess that explains things.
I thought I explained it very well.

You are attacking fans for being pessimisstic about beng down 7 with 10 minutes to go when they had just seen a 10 minute quarter where the women erased a 7 point deficit only to see that deficit rebuilt by the end of the quarter.

Clearly, it is you who are clueless.

letitrip2 said:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought I explained it very well.

You are attacking fans for being pessimisstic about beng down 7 with 10 minutes to go when they had just seen a 10 minute quarter where the women erased a 7 point deficit only to see that deficit rebuilt by the end of the quarter.

Clearly, it is you who are clueless.

Looks like a difference of opinion on how game is watched.
Trip is looking at the game optimistically even when not going well during it and feels game can be won and expects the team to pull it off.
GoodOl looks at game in pesticide manner and when things are looking bad thinks game might not end well.( but wants it to)
It's a case of the everything is beautiful crowd meeting the end of world as we know it people.

All I want to do is enjoy the win and look at the next game as a game that can be won if the team plays up to my expectations.

ADVERTISEMENT