ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs Penn State game thread 12/30

53-28 at the half, with 22 tos
Gong to be a long-long,maybe even longer conference season.
But we should have expected to be looking at a bottom feeder this year and hope
CW is good enough to get upward movement next year and have a team that looks like
is headed in the right direction

I feel ill. 53-29 half. And, Carolyn Krieger PSU coach(who I never liked) is laughing away.

some good things according to box score
out rebounding PSU 27-19
3s at 62% but 5-8
FG % 51
Assists 11
bad news
24 TO
60-42

Reactions: RULoyal
90-72 final. Kudos to RU. They could have just gave up. But, all 8 of them continued to try.
I didn't see rhe game so this stat might be misleading, but shows fighting all the way
Rebounds RU 41/ PSU 29
but the TOs (31) proved fatal with PSU having only 10.
Having PSU lead 17to 5 in steals wasn't a goods thing either.
But the team played a never give up game as said in this thread.
So the team might not have a winning edge this year but are proving they deserve our support, even if they aren't winning that are giving their all .

Last edited:
I didn't see rhe game so this stat might be misleading, but shows fighting all the way
Rebounds RU 41/ PSU 29
but the TOs (31) proved fatal with PSU having only 10.
Having PSU lead 17to 5 wasn't a goods thing either.
But the team played a never give up game as said in this thread.
So the team might not have a winning edge this year but are proving they deserve our support, even if they aren't winning that are giving their all .
PSU with 38 points off TOs - can’t overcome that

Reactions: RUcrazee
Excruciating to watch all the turnovers.

I know we are not supposed to have many expectations for this year but Dang!!

Eight players, young players, no PG, whatever.......The team doesn't get a pass for a first quarter like they played tonight. I give PSU credit for making some strides with their talent and coaching, but this should have been a competitive game that we should have had a chance to win.

Have to admit, I'm missing the CVS toughness and defense already. I was expecting at some point in that 1st half that their pride would kick in and they would fight their way back into the game. We haven't really seen that kind of toughness since the CVS Day game against OSU.

Still too much haphazard offense IMO. Over-penetration leading to turnovers, tough shots when teammates could have been found for easier ones. Very little cohesion on offense. Need to play off each other...move the ball much faster, before traps set up on them.

Nice to see Erica get into an offensive rhythm. You could see her confidence building with each made basket.

Reactions: MADHAT1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT