ADVERTISEMENT

RUMLAX vs #1 Syracuse Sat.

Lots going on over there with the Olympic sports outside of the Covid thing. Changes afoot.

I'll be stunned if this season finishes out...once absolute decisions are made (see Ivy League), pressure mounts to go with the crowd...

I'll be stunned if this season finishes out...once absolute decisions are made (see Ivy League), pressure mounts to go with the crowd...
What are the players doing about housing? I know that I picked up my student yesterday and it appears that they want the dorms empty by Friday.

What are the players doing about housing? I know that I picked up my student yesterday and it appears that they want the dorms empty by Friday.
Not exactly sure as my guy lives off campus, so that's essentially normal living and we have the place rented for another year...

All I know now is that Saturday seems to be still on with no spectators...my wife is still flying in tomorrow for the weekend and will watch the stream of the game with some other parents at a bar (the irony of that right) and then after that game on Sat, who knows...my guess and this is simply my guess...no inside news...is they will shut it down and the guys will be done...I mean if you look at what is going on with all the other sports...hard not to follow suit...I would expect to see my guy moving back home and taking on line classes from here by late next week if I had to make a prediction...

Not exactly sure as my guy lives off campus, so that's essentially normal living and we have the place rented for another year...

All I know now is that Saturday seems to be still on with no spectators...my wife is still flying in tomorrow for the weekend and will watch the stream of the game with some other parents at a bar (the irony of that right) and then after that game on Sat, who knows...my guess and this is simply my guess...no inside news...is they will shut it down and the guys will be done...I mean if you look at what is going on with all the other sports...hard not to follow suit...I would expect to see my guy moving back home and taking on line classes from here by late next week if I had to make a prediction...
if he needs anything in the meantime please reach out, I am close by and with the dining halls closing he might need food.

I agree to shut down but, man, I really feel for the kids on all the teams, especially the seniors.
I can tell you first hand the kids are heartbroken...sure they've had a tough season, but they work very very hard...it's about relationships and they are stunned and disappointed

Tough day...sure there are bigger issues, but it doesn't take away the sting for young men who spend so much time together...and now it's done

Not much else to say. Tough day man

if he needs anything in the meantime please reach out, I am close by and with the dining halls closing he might need food.
Thx family. Appreciate everything you do...I think he's ok logistically right now...just very very down about what's happened...these guys love they're teammates...

Reactions: DowntownT_Brown
Really sad for those guys, and all the athletes at large. They put so much into it. To not be able to compete is just a tragedy.

I wonder what the NCAA will do about eligibility?

Gotta feel horrible for our hoops team. Finally get into the tournament and this happens.

Really sad for those guys, and all the athletes at large. They put so much into it. To not be able to compete is just a tragedy.

I wonder what the NCAA will do about eligibility?

Gotta feel horrible for our hoops team. Finally get into the tournament and this happens.
I didn't even think about hoops...that makes me sick...I loved watching that RU hoops team (and I'm an MSU guy)

Such a weird time. With all the school closings coming today our HS seasons are going to be put on suspension.

I hope they let us get our scrimmage in tonight though.

Such a weird time. With all the school closings coming today our HS seasons are going to be put on suspension.

I hope they let us get our scrimmage in tonight though.

Yea, My boys are HS seniors. Just got a notification that all school activities are cancelled for the weekend. They were looking forward to a scrimmage Saturday as possibly their only game of the season.

Yea, My boys are HS seniors. Just got a notification that all school activities are cancelled for the weekend. They were looking forward to a scrimmage Saturday as possibly their only game of the season.
Grandkids, Senior and soph were also looking towards scrimmages today and tomorrow.
Sort of figured they would cancel after the NJHSAA canceled the Bball tourney. Towns schools will close Monday
Feel bad for all the seniors around the state and in college

Thx family. Appreciate everything you do...I think he's ok logistically right now...just very very down about what's happened...these guys love they're teammates...
These guys are like family, I am really upset for them as I know how hard they have worked. especially frustrated for the seniors. If he needs anything before he heads home just let me know.

Reactions: Golfer2019

I assume we are going to get 1/3 or 1/2 of the season. But we are going to lose a chunk. A lot of schools around us have cancelled but we have not in county yet.

Awesome post. I feel so bad for these kids given how much they put into it and how much they care for each other. Feel even worse for the seniors who won't be able to go out on their own terms.

I am sure some will want to move on with their lives but the NCAA should grant every senior in all spring sports eligibility for one extra year.

Reactions: Golfer2019
Extra year of eligibility has been granted by the NCAA for spring sports. I guess it will depend on the individuals. Also the issue of scholies for 5 years of players.

Extra year of eligibility has been granted by the NCAA for spring sports. I guess it will depend on the individuals. Also the issue of scholies for 5 years of players.
On the surface this is good. It takes the sting off a bit...I know both my guys were excited to see the news...now what they do with it is up to them. Some guys will move on, some guys have good jobs lined up...some may take advantage...coaches might direct some kids a bit if you follow...some kids will just retire after 4...bodies have had enough...

Also if a kid graduates, they can move on and use that last year at another school

Lots to think about...BUT it's good that all these kids now have the option

Today both my guys say they will use the year...now let's see what they say in a year or two

Reactions: Caliknight
This is a good development. I redshirted a year so knew I would be there for 5. It was helpful from a class planning perspective to know early.

On the surface this is good. It takes the sting off a bit...I know both my guys were excited to see the news...now what they do with it is up to them. Some guys will move on, some guys have good jobs lined up...some may take advantage...coaches might direct some kids a bit if you follow...some kids will just retire after 4...bodies have had enough...

Also if a kid graduates, they can move on and use that last year at another school

Lots to think about...BUT it's good that all these kids now have the option

Today both my guys say they will use the year...now let's see what they say in a year or two

Thinking about it, the few schools who are on a quarter system rather than a semester system have a HUGE break if they want to play. The final quarter of the year hasn't started, so seniors won't graduate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT