ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers 1 indiana 0 in ot

ho26rus

Senior
Jan 23, 2013
So Rutgers got that road win.
Ohio st beat Minnesota so we have 21 and they have 19 We both win, or we win and they tie or lose we are in third

Penn St tied and are one point ahead of us. We need help so if we win and they tie , or lose, we finish second. In any of these scenarios we get a home game before moving on to indiana for the semis.

nice to have a neutral site . The last two years we lost in the finals to teams that were at home
THIS IS WOMENS SOCCER

Last edited:
That was a nail biter on the road against a motivated Indiana team. Laplant comes up big again! on a header in OT on a great cross from Wright. Laplant was frequently dangerous going forward, as was Goldstein and Ali. But Ali has been frustrating, she puts herself in great positions but just can't get that final touch. Maybe she needs to shoot as soon as she gets space, she had a nice long distance shot off the cross bar. She missed the goal on a 2 against the goalie; it was either an easy shot missed or she should have passed. Aylmer had some chances and was very good all around.

Indiana had some excellent opportunities though. Murphy had a couple fantastic saves and I think was player of the game.

ho26us, I think you assumed RU hadn't been given the points yet. We have 18 pts and are 3 behind PSU and 2 behind NW and Minn. We all have one more game (we are home v Mich on Wed) and we need to pass someone to get into the top 4 for a playoff home game. We tied NW and PSU and lost to Minn so we may need to win our last game and hope for a loss. But we are in the playoffs for sure and with our defense we will have a good chance to win it.

We haven't lost in OT (3-0-3)
Just noticed that Norton was on top drawer soccer's team of the week and Murphy and Laplant we co-offensive and co-defensive B1G players of the week, well deserved against the top teams. Murphy and Laplant could win again. Norton wasn't as important this game because it seemed like RU wasn't trying to play out of the back as much.
The annoucers were good but pronounced most RU players names wrong.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
yeah i added rutgers win today in . i never thought they updated that fast...... sorry

btw, I pretend to know a lot (just a diehard RU fan) but I'm not sure I knew Dana Goldstein was on the team before this game lol

So Rutgers got that road win.
Ohio st beat Minnesota so we have 21 and they have 19 We both win, or we win and they tie or lose we are in third

Penn St tied and are one point ahead of us. We need help so if we win and they tie , or lose, we finish second. In any of these scenarios we get a home game before moving on to indiana for the semis.

nice to have a neutral site . The last two years we lost in the finals to teams that were at home
THIS IS WOMENS SOCCER
According to the Big Ten website, Rutgers is currenty in 5th place with 18. Ohio st is first with 24, Penn State has 21, Minnesota and Northwestern have 19 all with 1 game remaining. Ohio St has 1st virtually wrapped up.
Penn St, Minnesota and Northwestern all have road games while Rutgers hosts Michigan.
Penn st has the toughest game at Wisconsin. Northwestern the easiest at MSU. Rutgers needs a win to have a shot at a home game in the first round.
http://www.bigten.org/sports/w-soccer/wsoc-confsked.html

According to the Big Ten website, Rutgers is currenty in 5th place with 18. Ohio st is first with 24, Penn State has 21, Minnesota and Northwestern have 19 all with 1 game remaining. Ohio St has 1st virtually wrapped up.
Penn St, Minnesota and Northwestern all have road games while Rutgers hosts Michigan.
Penn st has the toughest game at Wisconsin. Northwestern the easiest at MSU. Rutgers needs a win to have a shot at a home game in the first round.
http://www.bigten.org/sports/w-soccer/wsoc-confsked.html[/QUOTE

yeah i made a mistake. Minutes after the game the site already adjusted. I thought our 3 points not yet calculate

I am, was, in error

RUinseattle

So I did not get to see the game. Dana has been here and at midseason was getting minutes as a sub for Norton at left back. A few games early she had her leg wrapped so i cannot speak for injuries.
She played pretty well then had one really bad game on the right side.. We have not seen her in a few games and i cannot offer an opinion.
but it was common knowledge she was also working out as a mid.

So when you say she was active in the attack did she then play yesterday as a midfielder? Again I didnt see the game

Amirah is really tough but didn't have a particularly good game yesterday. Missed two absolutely golden opportunities right in front of the goal & once again tried to fight through 3 defenders, failing to feed a wide open Brittany coming in from the right wing. Also, once again we came out methodically & didn't pick up our pace & tempo until the 2nd half. IMO they need to come out of the gate hard & fast & jump on teams early. That being said an excellent win. Overall the team played well. Brittany's confidence is up. Go RU.

Last edited:
Reactions: Loyal-Son
Good win by the ladies; unfortunately any shot at the regular season Title was thoen away with a pair of bad weekends in which we should have grabbed a lot more points than we did.

So when you say she was active in the attack did she then play yesterday as a midfielder?

The times I happened to notice her she was in the attack so I can't really say, but she seemed up top enough that I wouldn't be surprised if she was playing offensive mid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT