ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers attendance problems and how to fix them

Tickets are too expensive to not see Rutgers win against an actual opponent in 3 years. Food is as high as ever, stricter rules on bringing things in, lack of atmosphere and experience given blasting penn state dance music from 2008 at every waking moment, and no offense

Tickets are too expensive to not see Rutgers win against an actual opponent in 3 years. Food is as high as ever, stricter rules on bringing things in, lack of atmosphere and experience given blasting penn state dance music from 2008 at every waking moment, and no offense

It’s actually been 4 years .. November 4th 2017
The longer period of futility the more attendance will continue to dwindle… no matter who the Coach is.

Nick, I couldn't agree with you more. As a matter of fact, when Schiano was answering questions during his press conferences this season by saying things like, "Well - it's not a home-field advantage unless we make it one. The fans have to come out and support the team.", etc. I thought - well .. win, and the fans will come.

However, there is the curious case of Nebraska. They have to be one of the worst teams in America that can still sell out a stadium. Sure, maybe not every seat was filled. But, I was watching their game for a bit last week, and man - there are a lot of fans in that stadium ready to watch their team lose .. again. So .. maybe you don't need winning to cure everything?!
All you need to do is become a blue blood like Nebraska and develop some of the most loyal fans in all of college sport. Easy peasy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT