ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Rutgers baseball enters the home stretch of the 2018 season

ChrisNalwasky

All American
Staff
Mar 25, 2018
The Rutgers baseball team has two more weekend series against Big Ten competition? Will they make the conference tournament?

READ MORE HERE

Comment down below

Thought I read it wasn’t counted as a conference game. Not sure why.

Correct. I edited the article.

Poster mentioned on the Round Table that teams schedule a team that is close (even if it is Big Ten vs. Big Ten) instead of playing the same DII or DIII school every time.

The Michigan-Michigan St. game yesterday was non-conference. I stand corrected.

Baseball Travels to Maryland for Series with Big Ten Playoff Implications

With two weekends of conference play remaining, Rutgers baseball will take a trip down to Maryland for its final Big Ten road series of the season. The three-game set will start Friday at 6:30 p.m. from Bob Turtle Smith Stadium in College Park. BTN Plus is set to provide the coverage.

http://scarletknights.com/news/2018...series-with-big-ten-playoff-implications.aspx

Final
sm_80.jpg

VS
sm_47.jpg

http://www.umterps.com/liveStats/v2/baseball/index.dbml?GAME_STAT_ID=3169938&db_oem_id=29700

Not looking good. Losing Heatter really hurt this team. I’m encouraged by the young talent for the future though

Not looking good. Losing Heatter really hurt this team. I’m encouraged by the young talent for the future though
Is he definitely out for the rest of the season then? I wonder if he pitched too far into the season to get a red shirt. How about Kiernan?

Is he definitely out for the rest of the season then? I wonder if he pitched too far into the season to get a red shirt. How about Kiernan?
There’s only two weekends left....I don’t have a clue if he comes back. Supposedly he got really sick and lost a lot of stamina. Who knows

That’s a BADA start to the weekend. MUST WIN the next 2.

It definitely isn’t a good scenario to be in. RU is 2 1/2 games out of 8th place with 5 to play. MSU bearing Minnesota last night didn’t help you any. Maryland is a half game ahead of you now so winning next 2 against them is required and also need Indiana to beat Nebraska the next 2 games. Nebraska won game one against Indiana so that hurt you as well. Looks like you hold the tie breaker over MSU if it would come to that. Good luck!

It definitely isn’t a good scenario to be in. RU is 2 1/2 games out of 8th place with 5 to play. MSU bearing Minnesota last night didn’t help you any. Maryland is a half game ahead of you now so winning next 2 against them is required and also need Indiana to beat Nebraska the next 2 games. Nebraska won game one against Indiana so that hurt you as well. Looks like you hold the tie breaker over MSU if it would come to that. Good luck!

Actually we do, BUT, they’ll end up playing 1 less conference game so that 1/2 was already a big problem.

Actually we do, BUT, they’ll end up playing 1 less conference game so that 1/2 was already a big problem.

If the teams do not end up playing the same number of games then I think they use winning % in conference as the tie breaker. Head to head no longer counts. Pretty sure it came into effect that way last year with Nebraska and Minnesota.

Down 5-1 in the 3rd this is just awful. Another RU team that just doesn’t know how to get it done, against either a weaker or equal opponent, when it needs to get done. This is a problem throughout our athletic department and it needs to be recognized and remedied.

Reactions: RUJMM78
This is a disgrace. Can we just win a BIG game on the road. We got swept by Illinois and Purdue and lost the first game last night to Maryland. If we lose today it will be 8 straight losses on the road in the BIG. If we don't get our act together we can still have a losing record again. I sure hope we can rise up and show something. We were 24-18 and if we lose today we will be 24-22.

13 - 1 Maryland in the 4th inning. I'm hoping RU didn't win its last game of the season already.

Our roster is not put together to compete in the Big Ten. Maryland has players from Texas, Louisiana, Illinois, Ohio, Pennsylvania, NJ, British Columbia, as well of course as Maryland. At least three of Maryland’s pitchers are from out of state. Check our Michigan’s roster, too. We recruit on a NJ county basis, other teams recruit all over the map and at JUCOs. Other teams have players competing in the Cape Cod Summer League. We fall short in leadership and digging up talent and building a solid team. We “participate”, not compete. The highlight of this season for the team and the thread contributors here was winning two of three at FGCU.

Last edited:
Down 5-1 in the 3rd this is just awful. Another RU team that just doesn’t know how to get it done, against either a weaker or equal opponent, when it needs to get done. This is a problem throughout our athletic department and it needs to be recognized and remedied.
Fans have long recognized the problems with the RU sports teams but changing the status quo seems intractable.It requires better recruiting and execution during games especially on the road where the performances are very disappointing.

Fans have long recognized the problems with the RU sports teams but changing the status quo seems intractable.It requires better recruiting and execution during games especially on the road where the performances are very disappointing.

I’m not talking about the “fans.”

We are definitely struggling to the finish line. What are the excuses for not having good pitching year in and year out?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT