ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Rutgers Basketball lands nation's 8th best scorer in transfer G Tyson Acuff

What does this mean regarding Maddox and Allocco?…good scorer but shooting splits are not eye popping 43.9/32.8/81.2

How do you lead your conference in scoring but be third-team all conference ?

Well this guy can score and 66% at the rim would be a nice upgrade. If we are still in the mix for another top level guard that would be insane. The deepest guard roster we have ever had potentially

In general this year's team should be better at the rim with Ace and Dylan

oh boy dunk GIF

Great pickup. More like this. Happy to take one martini type as a bench/rotational glue guy but guys like this we can really do something with

Well this guy can score and 66% at the rim would be a nice upgrade. If we are still in the mix for another top level guard that would be insane. The deepest guard roster we have ever had potentially

In general this year's team should be better at the rim with Ace and Dylan
I know if they get Maddox or alocco on top of adding acuff they are attacking the portal even harder than I expected. Lol save some money for a big..

Team looked terrible especially in the beginning of the season. So cleaning house and bringing in all new players makes sense. Top to bottom roster upheaval lol

Reactions: CerealNTacos
My two questions are:

Who else was after him?

How are his defense and intangibles?
Would be interesting to know who his other suitors were. Another poster here this morning in another thread (thank you RUTravesty, I think!) followed the MAC and expressed the feeling that his defense was ok and there were not really any glaring weaknesses with Tyson. Go RU! BTW sorry for not knowing how to properly acknowledge RUTravesty for his intel!

Last edited:
Would be interesting to know who his other suitors were. Another poster here this morning in another thread (thank you RUTravesty, I think!) followed the MAC and expressed the feeling that his defense was ok and there were not really any glaring weaknesses with Tyson. Go RU! BTW sorry for not knowing how to properly acknowledge RUTravesty for his intel!
Kansas, Kentucky, UNC, Duke, Uconn, and Fran Brown wanted him as a corner back at Syracuse.

What does this mean regarding Maddox and Allocco?…good scorer but shooting splits are not eye popping 43.9/32.8/81.2
I’m assuming he’s doing those numbers mostly off the dribble and contested a lot of the time. His floor seems to 30% from 3 with heavy volume. If you’re an opposing coach, he a problem.

I’m sure Simpson’s highlights are impressive too. Seems like his ppg is due to extra-high volume shooting. Fingers crossed but highlights mean nothing.

I’m sure Simpson’s highlights are impressive too. Seems like his ppg is due to extra-high volume shooting. Fingers crossed but highlights mean nothing.
watch the tape. Go on YT and watch all of his points against Michigan. He’s a better version of Simpson

Reactions: Scangg and TRU2RU
C'mon now. Assessing a player without watching film? Comparing Acuff to Simpson is beyond laughable. Derek is a 33.7% career shooter. Acuff is 43.9%. Just stop.
Am saying anyone’s highlight tape doesn’t mean squat. Fernandes.

Reactions: Mr Magoo
18 points against Oakland, who beat Kentucky in the first round of the tourney.

Cam Spencer only had 2 games at plus 24 points this season (25 points in 2 games).

Only Rutgers player to score 24 points in a B1G game this season was Mawot Mag. Ha!

Last season, not a single Rutgers player scored 24 or more points in a single game.

The last player to score 24 or more points in a game was Ron Harper Jr on January 8, 2022. He and Geo had multiple plus 24 point games.

Keep complaining, haters.

Am saying anyone’s highlight tape doesn’t mean squat. Fernandes.
Yeah watch Martini’s. I dont think he dribbles once in 5 minutes of highlights…and he didn’t miss a single shot..lol

You guys are miserable. It’s a good portal pickup. He’s 6-4. He’s old. He can score inside and outside. He’s got a good nickname…the tailor.

He’s one of the top scorers in the NCAA. Simpson isn’t going to achieve that. Fernandes didn’t.

Yeah watch Martini’s. I dont think he dribbles once in 5 minutes of highlights…and he didn’t miss a single shot..lol
Exactly. No matter who we get the peanut gallery here will be convinced he’ll be very good. Doesn’t matter how often they’ve been wrong before.

I hope he’s good, but judging on highlight tape, MAC scoring, etc means nothing.

Further, many of the high ranked portal players won’t pan out but I promise their highlights are amazing.

You guys are miserable. It’s a good portal pickup. He’s 6-4. He’s old. He can score inside and outside. He’s got a good nickname…the tailor.

He’s one of the top scorers in the NCAA. Simpson isn’t going to achieve that. Fernandes didn’t.
And he's the cousin of a top 10 recruit that we're in the mix for. That can't hurt.

And he's the cousin of a top 10 recruit that we're in the mix for. That can't hurt.
And that might be why we’re taking him. Other than that, he’s ranked the #180 portal recruit according to 247sports.com

I like this addition. Acuff can score. With less minutes and a lower usage rate, he should have better shooting % numbers like he did two years ago.

I hope the staff can get the Princeton duo and a quality big after this.

So he’s ahead of JMike ?
Let’s hope so, if he’s not ahead of him then bringing in these transfers is pointless. Hopefully all the guards we bring (maybe 3 in total) will all be better than Davis. Let’s not forget, Davis can’t shoot either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT