ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Boardwalk....

Please explain how, Mr. C’s for example, will change their menu just because they set up a few hundred yards south.

I must be missing what you guys are talking about?

And again, in case not everyone knows what I mean, my suggestion (for years) was to have a grease truck on the actual concourse where the Cannon was one season. Which was the dumbest product placement I ever saw. It was facing out towards the Brown Lot and the barrel went thru a hole in the fence.

There is room, as it’s right behind Section 132:

https://scarletknights.com/images/2021/9/17/2020_ShiStadium_Map_1_.jpg
Bring back the grill there too.

iirc, the smoke from that grill was an issue for some fans in the stands.

food was good.. I forget what they served.. burgers and sausage sandwiches?
I could see smoke being an issue but thought the fire department was the reason they stopped it. At one point, they moved the grill outside the stadium. They had good burgers and sometimes grilled chicken and hot dogs. Can't remember if they had sausage.

What's she up to these days? Isn't she in real estate now? As God as my witness, I thought she was good hire at the time being second in command at very successful program. Holy crap, what a mistake. Couldn't have been more wrong on that one so there's no way I'm going play Captain Hindsight on here.
I was lucky enough to know Julie personally during her time on the banks. She was a really nice person and cared a lot. She said some things in the media that hurt too many times and that’s how she ended up out of here. But, keep in mind she oversaw the only respectable football season we ever had in the Big Ten

I could see smoke being an issue but thought the fire department was the reason they stopped it. At one point, they moved the grill outside the stadium. They had good burgers and sometimes grilled chicken and hot dogs. Can't remember if they had sausage.
And it could be as simple as this for the reason why there is grease truck in that sport.

I was lucky enough to know Julie personally during her time on the banks. She was a really nice person and cared a lot. She said some things in the media that hurt too many times and that’s how she ended up out of here. But, keep in mind she oversaw the only respectable football season we ever had in the Big Ten
She may have been, but as I said in another post it just wasn’t a fit. When you have a public-facing, high-profile job like that, you just can’t have the gaffes that she did. We also didn’t do her any favors with a crappy vetting job that resulted in the whole relationship getting off on the wrong foot.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
What's she up to these days? Isn't she in real estate now? As God as my witness, I thought she was good hire at the time being second in command at very successful program. Holy crap, what a mistake. Couldn't have been more wrong on that one so there's no way I'm going play Captain Hindsight on here.
She wasn't even second-in-command. There were two Assistant AD's and she was the one who was responsible for everything except for Football and Men's Basketball. We only pretended she was second-in-command because of the politics involved.

Reactions: letitrip2
She wasn't even second-in-command. There were two Assistant AD's and she was the one who was responsible for everything except for Football and Men's Basketball. We only pretended she was second-in-command because of the politics involved.
Not how I remember it at all. Please share your inside knowledge and sources which is not known. Thank you.

Seems harmless to me if you have kids - not exactly sure how many guys are going to the bar paying $10 bucks a beer - maybe Murphy and his MA clan?

I do remember a day in 1986 on Seaside Boards in which my boy after a 12 pack on the beach decided it was a good idea to steal a stuffed animal for his girl from a vendor and my boy had a legit 4.6 forty played D3 ball. Never saw and Indian dude run so fast....it ended in bail and never come back.

I'll stick with Purple lot but thanx.

Reactions: raven12
Not how I remember it at all. Please share your inside knowledge and sources which is not known. Thank you.
It's public knowledge, which you do not seem to have the desire or ability to look up yourself. You bash Warren but half-assedly defend Hermann?

"Hermann has spent the past 16 years in the Louisville athletics department headed by Tom Jurich. She oversees 20 sports, including the Cardinals' 2013 national runner-up women's basketball program. Her other responsibilities include student development, sports medicine, strength and conditioning, marketing, development and serving as senior woman administrator."

It wasn't an "inside source;" it was published on Louisville's Athletics Department website. Everyone who cared to know at the time knew it at the time.

Reactions: motorb54
It's public knowledge, which you do not seem to have the desire or ability to look up yourself. You bash Warren but half-assedly defend Hermann?

"Hermann has spent the past 16 years in the Louisville athletics department headed by Tom Jurich. She oversees 20 sports, including the Cardinals' 2013 national runner-up women's basketball program. Her other responsibilities include student development, sports medicine, strength and conditioning, marketing, development and serving as senior woman administrator."

What? I never bashed Warren here. Not sure where this is coming from. You have me confused with someone else.

The food trucks are not a bad idea. But it could be a step towards a growing college football trend.

Beware RU tailgaters - several P5 programs are privatizing long standing tailgate areas (Oklahoma announced this week). Tailgating at a price fixed sterile environment is not for me or my group. Just something to keep an eye on.

I vote for beach volleyball tournaments near the purple lot. I'll even go shirtless.
top gun volleyball GIF
Never gave you permission to use my NIL for this post 😁

• Haha
Reactions: RutHut
Personally, thought the overall game day experience got better. Beer garden, food trucks, and games. Something for everyone. My only complaint is that one of the concession window advertised Pork roll but didn’t have it. Can’t tease us like that.

Reactions: Leonard23
That's a valid point. Plus, under Ash, the game day experience really started to erode. 10-15 years ago there was a lot of stuff to do, especially for kids; now, not so much.
Ash really set our program back when he tried to undo all our traditions and shit. Not to mention the product on the field stunk.

In keeping with that a suggestion was made (similar to the Horse video) where the Scarlet Knight travels around NJ on his way to the game. Naturally he stops at a beach…maybe he’s surfing, maybe he’s on a lifeguard stand or maybe just walking down a different boardwalk (you could shoot that up and down the Shore) each game.

Crowd would love the last one..”HEY! That’s MY beach!”
And the attendant throws him of the beach because he doesn't have a current beach badge.

Maybe they can truck in 2,000 tons of sand like in Paris!?

We brought 500 pounds of sand (which sounds like a lot but really isn't) Because, is it really a Boardwalk if there's no beach nearby?

How was this today? Would be highly interested in a review and pics.

I thought it was fantastic & if I didn't have my own tailgate I would totally participate. Probably 10 food/ice cream trucks. A giant slide, a game to win a stuffed animal. A couple of bouncy houses. Photo ops with Caleb McConnell & a few other athletes, photo op with the horse &/or the knight in armor. A guy on stilts walking around with a basketball hoop attached to his chest & foam basketballs. The beer garden in the athletes glen. Tables & chairs set up on the sidewalk along the Rodkin center for people to use after their food purchases. It seemed to me that all of the trucks had lines of people waiting for food.

It looked & felt awesome.

They will be rotating some of the food trucks while others stay all season. Same for the games & rides. The FERRIS WHEEL will be set up for the Iowa game.

Overall brilliant idea by Rutgers.

Last edited:
Julie was a complete disaster and set the program back years. And she had nothing to do with the one good year.

I don’t often have positive things to say about the football program these days, but the tailgating scene and boardwalk were excellent yesterday.

I thought the boardwalk thing would be lame like the embarrassing boat in the end zone, but I was wrong about. Undeniably fun for kids, families, etc.

Didn’t buy any food though. Maybe next time. Scouted the options but Forgot to go back and buy the fried Oreos.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT