ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Boardwalk....

Product outside will probably be better than the product inside

Please explain how, Mr. C’s for example, will change their menu just because they set up a few hundred yards south.

I must be missing what you guys are talking about?

And again, in case not everyone knows what I mean, my suggestion (for years) was to have a grease truck on the actual concourse where the Cannon was one season. Which was the dumbest product placement I ever saw. It was facing out towards the Brown Lot and the barrel went thru a hole in the fence.

There is room, as it’s right behind Section 132:

https://scarletknights.com/images/2021/9/17/2020_ShiStadium_Map_1_.jpg

Last edited:
I'm trying a new strategy: pre-emptive disengagement with complaints. Don't think it will work long term,
Might I recommend the strategy I've adopted, which is to post-emptively tease, taunt or mock people about whatever they're complaining about. It's great fun.

Might I recommend the strategy I've adopted, which is to post-emptively tease, taunt or mock people about whatever they're complaining about. It's great fun.
But once I engage, I will never be able to disengage, let along pre-emptively disengage. May need to re-think all this.

Reactions: mildone
That's actually a pretty good idea. You can do it with whoever the opponent is that day, but if cost is an issue, Penn State is fine for the entire season.
And the clown balloon game, where players shoot water into the clowns' mouths to cause the balloon to explode. We could make the clowns look like Jim Franklin. The lines for those would be wrap out to Livingston campus.

And the clown balloon game, where players shoot water into the clowns' mouths to cause the balloon to explode. We could make the clowns look like Jim Franklin. The lines for those would be wrap out to Livingston campus.
88cOJev.jpg

Why ignore what makes us different from most of the other schools in the B1G? We are a beach state — we might as well lean in on it.
In keeping with that a suggestion was made (similar to the Horse video) where the Scarlet Knight travels around NJ on his way to the game. Naturally he stops at a beach…maybe he’s surfing, maybe he’s on a lifeguard stand or maybe just walking down a different boardwalk (you could shoot that up and down the Shore) each game.

Crowd would love the last one..”HEY! That’s MY beach!”

That's actually a pretty good idea. You can do it with whoever the opponent is that day, but if cost is an issue, Penn State is fine for the entire season.
I was first, just like the tickets. 😉
I had thought about tagging you. What is that e-mail address you send these ideas to where you get no response?

I have passed these ideas along to the marketing team. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
I have passed these ideas along to the marketing team. 😁
I bet they listen to her.

All I got in the past was, “we got this” or “…interesting.”

Did get the R on the original Bubble. Really my Dad’s idea…”Email Bob Mulcahy and see what he thinks.” Actually my Dad said write him a letter, but I knew better.

I vote for beach volleyball tournaments near the purple lot. I'll even go shirtless.
top gun volleyball GIF

In keeping with that a suggestion was made (similar to the Horse video) where the Scarlet Knight travels around NJ on his way to the game. Naturally he stops at a beach…maybe he’s surfing, maybe he’s on a lifeguard stand or maybe just walking down a different boardwalk (you could shoot that up and down the Shore) each game.

Crowd would love the last one..”HEY! That’s MY beach!”
47983615d1463825104-alan-young-star-of-mr-ed-tv-show-from-the-1960-s-has-died-mr-ed-surfing-o.gif

They need a celebrity dunk tank.
I think a celebrity drunk tank would be more fun. Build it out of glass and it'd be just like going to the zoo except instead of animals it'd be intoxicated celebs ranting and raging we could watch.

I bet that would sell some tickets.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Everyone would need to have their board handles on their shirts.
Another suggestion I floated many years ago back in the rutgersfan.com days.

Some liked the idea, some did not.

Anyone remember doing it at the International Bowl?

Another suggestion I floated many years ago back in the rutgersfan.com days.

Some liked the idea, some did not.

Anyone remember doing it at the International Bowl?
Way back when before this board went over to Rivals or just when they did, there was a tailgate in the Yellow Lot and I think some posters wore name tags. I didn't go because we had our own growing tailgate at the time and my inexperience was catching up with me!

I think a celebrity drunk tank would be more fun. Build it out of glass and it'd be just like going to the zoo except instead of animals it'd be intoxicated celebs ranting and raging we could watch.

I bet that would sell some tickets.
Can we put Chris Ash and Julie Herman in the dunk tank?

What's she up to these days? Isn't she in real estate now? As God as my witness, I thought she was good hire at the time being second in command at very successful program. Holy crap, what a mistake. Couldn't have been more wrong on that one so there's no way I'm going play Captain Hindsight on here.

Way back when before this board went over to Rivals or just when they did, there was a tailgate in the Yellow Lot and I think some posters wore name tags. I didn't go because we had our own growing tailgate at the time and my inexperience was catching up with me!
I remember that. I wasn’t there either as I had mine going on too. Do recall passing it on the way in, Yellow Lot as well back then, and everyone looked like they were having a great time.

Reactions: RUPete
The dunk tank or the drunk tank?

I never saw Ash up close and in person. But I used to take my daughter to Stage Left for lunch on Fridays now and then, when she was in undergrad at RU. And one Friday, Herman was having lunch a couple tables over from us.

I mentioned to my daughter that Herman was being eviscerated on the RU forums. My daughter told me a story she'd heard about JH going way out of her way to help out a student that made me like her, if it was true. She wasn't a good AD. But it sounded like she was a pretty decent human being.

The dunk tank or the drunk tank?

I never saw Ash up close and in person. But I used to take my daughter to Stage Left for lunch on Fridays now and then, when she was in undergrad at RU. And one Friday, Herman was having lunch a couple tables over from us.

I mentioned to my daughter that Herman was being eviscerated on the RU forums. My daughter told me a story she'd heard about JH going way out of her way to help out a student that made me like her, if it was true. She wasn't a good AD. But it sounded like she was a pretty decent human being.
I don't really know her, but it became clear early on that this job and this area (e.g.- local media) was not a fit for her. Oh well, it happens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT