ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers bowl game predictions

You really don’t listen, do you? This bowl game isn’t going anywhere and the Big Ten isn’t dropping this game. Your hatred for this game, no matter how crappy the sight lines are, the weather could potentially be and the fact that Yankee Stadium/the Bronx is not a naturally great location, has ZERO to do with it. You have been wrong from day one. From day freaking one you said the game would be gone in two years and you have been dead-wrong.

Do I love it? NO! Of course not, but I’ll take it, and not whine about it for a decade, when it’s our only option. I would much rather go to Florida, Arizona, North Carolina, Tennessee or California! Obviously! But this game has not been the failure that you have predicted it would be from day one. Why can’t you just admit that?

*** Trust me I would much rather throw a party the night before a bowl game in Orlando, Miami, Tampa, Charlotte, Nashville, Phoenix, etc. etc.!

BTW - I have no problem whatsoever with you hating this game, I really don’t and I get it, I just don’t know why you need to argue against the facts about this being more successful than you thought it would ever be.
Never say never. 😉

Reactions: Jimpeg
Do you know what, you’re absolutely right, I should learn from my friend who insisted it wouldn’t last two years!
It will be gone in 5-7 years when teams prepare for their 2nd time visits and their fans won’t travel there.
Epic fail long term Bowl Nuts. Let’s wager and revisit in ‘28. Going to be a distant memory like the California Bowl, Freedom Bowl, Garden State Bowl, and Bluebonnet Bowl.

Last edited:
It will be gone in 5-7 years when teams prepare for their 2nd time visits and their fans won’t travel there.
Epic fail long term Bowl Nuts. Let’s wager and revisit in ‘28. Going to be a distant memory like the California Bowl, Freedom Bowl, Garden State Bowl, and Bluebonnet Bowl.
Lol okay. Let’s get the W today!

All those bowls have been gone for 25-30 years. Those were the days when you had to put butts in seats to survive. If going to Boise in December for the Famous Potato Bowl is still around the Pinstripe Bowl isn't going any where.

Last edited:
Pinstripe would be more appealing if the opponent was an SEC tie-in. Not as exciting playing Wake Forest as it would be a down Florida or Auburn

Do you know what, you’re absolutely right, I should learn from my friend who insisted it wouldn’t last two years!
I’m not saying it will be gone because as @colbert17 rightly points out it’s more about TV these days than people in the seats.

What I am saying is it might not be a B1G destination forever.

* Now that the Gasparilla Bowl (the old St. Pete’s Beef O’Brady) has finally moved to Raymond James and out of Tropicana Field watch how this game becomes more popular and wanted, probably with a better date and higher payout as it evolves.

It would be a great replacement for the B1G line up.

* They listened to us @JoeRU0304! LOL

All those bowls have been gone for 25-30 years. Those were the days when you had to put butts in searts to survive. If going to Boise in December for the Famous Potao Bowl is still around the Pinstripe Bowl isn't going any where.
And it’s not the they draw flies, either. Not packing the place every year but the #’s are more than survivable.
I’m not saying it will be gone because as @colbert17 rightly points out it’s more about TV these days than people in the seats.

What I am saying is it might not be a B1G destination forever.

* Now that the Gasparilla Bowl (the old St. Pete’s Beef O’Brady) has finally moved to Raymond James and out of Tropicana Field watch how this game becomes more popular and wanted, probably with a better date and higher payout as it evolves.

It would be a great replacement for the B1G line up.

* They listened to us @JoeRU0304! LOL
The thing is the Big Ten knows it has some very large alumni bases within an hour of New York City aa well as you some somewhat large alumni bases within an hour of New York City. Remember how many fans Indiana had at the Big Ten tournament a few years ago? I’m pretty sure we stick with this ball for a long time. I could be wrong but you never know.

I could easily see that game teplacing the one in Santa Clara that absolutely no one attends and bailed again this year.

• Haha
Reactions: RealBowlExpert
Attendance is generated by the location of the teams competing.
Example: in 2018 one of the highest attedance figures for a non NYD bowl or playoff game was the Birmingham Bowl which had over 59,000 people. Why? Auburn played.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimpeg
And it’s not the they draw flies, either. Not packing the place every year but the #’s are more than survivable.

The thing is the Big Ten knows it has some very large alumni bases within an hour of New York City aa well as you some somewhat large alumni bases within an hour of New York City. Remember how many fans Indiana had at the Big Ten tournament a few years ago? I’m pretty sure we stick with this ball for a long time. I could be wrong but you never know.

I could easily see that game teplacing the one in Santa Clara that absolutely no one attends and bailed again this year.
If they find one that pays as much $4M, it will be on the list to be replaced.

The Tournament is a completely different animal as weather is not a factor, it has a chance to be a full week and it’s actually in “NYC” in the real Garden.

Reactions: ManasquanMike
If we beat Maryland, RU-BC in the Pinstripe is my prediction.

We open 2022 season at Chestnut Hill. Back-to-back games vs. our old Big East rival.
Unless Schiano cancels the BC game 😂. I am looking forward to attending BC next year in all likelihood. I think it’s Labor Day weekend / catch a Red Sox game / sightsee etc.: maybe audition for an ESPN show. 😀

• Haha
Reactions: PiscatawayMike
Getting us back on track here gotta LOVE this guy predicting a very likely 5-7 Syracuse, following 3 thumpings to end the season, in The Holida Bowl? "Richard (cough cough) Johnson"...must be a 'Cuse alum, right?

• Angry
Reactions: RealBowlExpert
Pinstripe might not be the best bowl but it’s the only game in town. For some it’s the only chance some RU fans will ever get to see us play in a bowl game. Know it’s not perfect but I hope it’s around for a long time.

Pinstripe might not be the best bowl but it’s the only game in town. For some it’s the only chance some RU fans will ever get to see us play in a bowl game. Know it’s not perfect but I hope it’s around for a long time.
People seriously underestimate this factor. The number of friends I’ve had who’ve gone to one if not both of our trips to that game, who have never made a trip to another bowl game and never will unless it’s an NT6-type game, goes well into the dozens. Maybe 100’s.

If it was in that West Side stadium, sure.

As it is now, will not shed a tear when it goes.

Unless Schiano cancels the BC game 😂. I am looking forward to attending BC next year in all likelihood. I think it’s Labor Day weekend / catch a Red Sox game / sightsee etc.: maybe audition for an ESPN show. 😀
I'll be there with a very large group. We're hoping our buddy Hafs (name drop) can get us a suite for the Jersey crew.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT