ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers BTN Content Alert - Saturday May 9th

We don’t have too many sports highlights.... but as a BIG10 member we should get more coverage. I see more coverage on MD than us.
Especially in the player feature shows.

Don’t get too excited. It’s basically the same games they’ve shown over and over for six years and sone hoop games from this year which are already on our DVRs. Nothing “new”in the library except the ‘82 women’s game vs Texas.

https://btn.com/shows/
I hear ya. But RU is emerging from the wilderness after 30 years. Any increased exposure helps the program I think.

I get that RU isn't a big draw for their main viewership.

With that said, I was mildly annoyed that they devoted an entire day to replays from the 2014 football season and didn't show one game featuring RU, one of the more interesting teams that year. Maryland would have been a great game to show. High scoring, big comeback, down to the wire. And each program's best team since joining.

Other than that, what else are they going to show on these theme days? They're not going to give RU a rivalry day, who would be the opponent?

Reactions: shields
EXV7_L9UYAEvUy6

is this the first showing of the 150th celebration of birthplace program?

No - they had it on a few days after they recorded it (November) and replayed it 3 or 4 times......

I have the 1989 A-10 Championship game on VHS but I cant remember this ever being on TV (other than 3/9/89). Has that game been shown on BTN before? It will be on my DVR on Saturday!

Reactions: RUnTeX
No - they had it on a few days after they recorded it (November) and replayed it 3 or 4 times......

I have the 1989 A-10 Championship game on VHS but I cant remember this ever being on TV (other than 3/9/89). Has that game been shown on BTN before? It will be on my DVR on Saturday!

The 1989 A-10 Championship game was on BTN 2/26. I have it on m DVR

Reactions: Sideline20
Does anyone remember if the Alabama game was on TV? I know we lost, but what a game and day that was !

I wish we could see the Kansas State game and yes that game was on NFL Network.
yes! I'm not sure I've ever seen this one on TV. Or the Int'l Bowl or either Pinstripe Bowl. Don't want to watch the Russell Athletic Bowl. I still remember going on the board after the Int'l bowl and I guess the announcers were loving the opposing QB as they got blown out because there was a thread on this site titled "Will Doug Flutie bear Nate Davis's child?" still makes me laugh to this day.

Why do the first two games get two hours each, overtime?

not sure why they are showing the Purdue at Rutgers game again...why not show Maryland at Rutgers, that was a better game

how about showing UConn at Rutgers womens game where RU won or the time RU beat #1 ND in front of a sellout crowd at the RAC

pretty bad that a RU wins over Indiana/Maryland in football is one of our classics

not sure why they are showing the Purdue at Rutgers game again...why not show Maryland at Rutgers, that was a better game

how about showing UConn at Rutgers womens game where RU won or the time RU beat #1 ND in front of a sellout crowd at the RAC

pretty bad that a RU wins over Indiana/Maryland in football is one of our classics

The folks at BTN are not aware of Rutgers history

Hobbs should have had someone from RU, such as Lorincz, submit suggested games

Nice job during the Purdue hoops game replay in 60 with the Rutgers "thank you to medical workers, first responders, etc etc / stay stRong" commercial using the backdrop of cheering fans/students from the stadium.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's newly produced by BTN or if I just happened to miss it the times it may have been aired during our games this past season, but the Myles Johnson commercial where he speaks most of it in Japanese (with English subtitles) was pretty cool. Another fine young Rutgers man.

Last edited:
Round table had Iowa State Ru Nit semi game.

Yeah, I see now in the original schedule posted further up in this thread that instead of Nebraska hoops game from 2019 it was supposed to be Iowa St hoops from 2004 NIT.

Would have preferred the nostalgia game as well. Douby for 35pts was a helluva coming out party for the freshman at the Garden.

Reactions: soundcrib
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT