ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers BTN Content Alert - Saturday May 9th

The difference in our play between our game v Purdue this season versus our game v Nebraska last season (one year) is staggering. This team got a TON better in a year.

Whats interesting is the -18-'19 team played a bunch with Doorson/Johnson and Carter as the "4". Didn't see any of that this past season. With some additional big depth in '20-'21 (Myles, Cliff, Duke, Reiber and maybe even Nathan) can/will Pike play Myles and Cliff together for stretches?

Whats interesting is the -18-'19 team played a bunch with Doorson/Johnson and Carter as the "4". Didn't see any of that this past season. With some additional big depth in '20-'21 (Myles, Cliff, Duke, Reiber and maybe even Nathan) can/will Pike play Myles and Cliff together for stretches?
I don't think Myles or Cliff will play the 4

Does anyone remember if the Alabama game was on TV? I know we lost, but what a game and day that was !
Yes that was I slept out at the RAC for tickets and in my quarantine boredom I just found the ticket stub from that game the other night

yes! I'm not sure I've ever seen this one on TV. Or the Int'l Bowl or either Pinstripe Bowl. Don't want to watch the Russell Athletic Bowl. I still remember going on the board after the Int'l bowl and I guess the announcers were loving the opposing QB as they got blown out because there was a thread on this site titled "Will Doug Flutie bear Nate Davis's child?" still makes me laugh to this day.
ESPN was in the "destroy Big East football" phase back then. Every chance they got they talked-down every Big East team. And when the bowl games went well.. well, they'd just start ignoring the Big East until they could downplay us in recruiting and again next season

Reactions: Night Man
Not sure if it's newly produced by BTN or if I just happened to miss it the times it may have been aired during our games this past season, but the Myles Johnson commercial where he speaks most of it in Japanese (with English subtitles) was pretty cool. Another fine young Rutgers man.
Love the bit, but it has been on quite a few times before.

Reactions: RUnTeX
Caught the celebration part of the womens '85 championship game over Texas.
Wow, looking at our team then and what you see now is like going back a century.

I know the BTN doesn't have the rights to our old games but I would love to see the ECAC game at MSG when RU defeated the Johnnies when Phil Sellers went head to head down the stretch with Beaver Smith. There are a few seconds of that game on the RU special on our 76 team.

I would also love to see once again our loss to the Johnnies in Greensboro from 1979 when they won at the buzzer. We had defeated the Johnnies twice earlier that year and if we had won that third game we were most likely going to the Final Four again. I was at Greensboro and we led almost the entire game but lost at the end.

Both of those games were televised. The ECAC game was on March 6, 1976 and was on Channel 4 (NBC) at 3 PM. The game at Greensboro was on March 16, 1979 and was televised on Channel 11 at 10 PM. Copies of both of these games must be somewhere. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have tried to find them for many years. Most other games that I wanted I have been able to locate.

Would love to see the March 76 game. Was only 14 then and don't remember the game.

I know the BTN doesn't have the rights to our old games but I would love to see the ECAC game at MSG when RU defeated the Johnnies when Phil Sellers went head to head down the stretch with Beaver Smith. There are a few seconds of that game on the RU special on our 76 team.

I would also love to see once again our loss to the Johnnies in Greensboro from 1979 when they won at the buzzer. We had defeated the Johnnies twice earlier that year and if we had won that third game we were most likely going to the Final Four again. I was at Greensboro and we led almost the entire game but lost at the end.

Both of those games were televised. The ECAC game was on March 6, 1976 and was on Channel 4 (NBC) at 3 PM. The game at Greensboro was on March 16, 1979 and was televised on Channel 11 at 10 PM. Copies of both of these games must be somewhere. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have tried to find them for many years. Most other games that I wanted I have been able to locate.
THAT 1979 loss was one of those watershed moments.. 2 final fours in 3 years would have meant a lot. I still think the siren song of an all-sports eastern conference would have kept us out of the Big East.. like it initially did for Pitt and Nova.. but it would have given Rutgers and coach Tom Young the pull needed to compete.

I was at both of those games..had RU beaten St Johns in Greensboro (which would have been the 3rd time that season), 1979 would have been an unusual parallel to the 1976 final four. RU vs Michigan (State) for the right to face Indiana (State) in the final..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT