ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Campus Tourist: Planned Activities Tomorrow

rufanjerry

Freshman
Sep 24, 2013
We have decided to forgo the normal tailgating in the lots on lieu of getting to campus early and taking in some of the campus. I have a 4th and a 7th year old. We have been doing some road trips and doing this at other colleges realized we need to do it at Rutgers.

We have been recommended to hit the Geology Museum and Zimmerli.

If anyone had any ideas of any planned activities on campus that would fit for families let me know. Of course other suggestions are welcomed too

Head over to The Yard on College Ave. Grab a bite to eat, sit in the Adirondack chairs & watch TV while the kids run around on the lawn. Take a photo with the Knight statue.

Scarlet Walk is at 1:15. The kids can stand inside the hedges & high 5 the team.
Immediately after the Scarlet Walk the drumline heads across to the Athletes Glen & performs. Kidzone opens at 1pm.

Head over to The Yard on College Ave. Grab a bite to eat, sit in the Adirondack chairs & watch TV while the kids run around on the lawn. Take a photo with the Knight statue.

Scarlet Walk is at 1:15. The kids can stand inside the hedges & high 5 the team.
Immediately after the Scarlet Walk the drumline heads across to the Athletes Glen & performs. Kidzone opens at 1pm.[/QUOT
Is Scarlet Walk always 2 hours and 15 mins before KO? do they post the times before every game

@rufanjerry yes, Scarlet Walk is always 2'15" before kickoff. The new Rutgers App let's you know the countdown times to everything.

Tomorrow is also military appreciation day. Last year there were Blackhawk helicopters & army jeeps for people to sit in , try on the helmets & talk to the military personnel. I would imagine much of the same tomorrow. They were situated right by the circle.

As someone who is plant and flower ignorant, what are the best times to visit the Rutgers Garden. Is it beautiful now ? or a little past peak ?
It's acres and acres of different kinds of plants, trees, flowers. It's a great hike for sure. Last year Rutgers students put on "A Mid-summers Night Dream" in the gardens/forest. That was beyond cool.

Reactions: RUhobbit
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT