ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers fails to sell out 2023 Pinstripe Bowl ticket allotment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 18, 2023
Rutgers sold out its entire Pinstripe Bowl ticket allotments in 2011 and 2013. Sadly that is not the case this year. Yesterday's 5 p.m. deadline to order through RU came and went without any announcement of a sellout. At last check the 8 ticket maximum was still available in every section except the cheapest $60 level. The official Rutgers bowl site now links to TicketMaster instead.

Why does everyone think we're struggling to sell tickets for this year's Pinstripe Bowl? The 4-game losing streak?

It's really, really sad that there are people like this. During this holiday season please remember, and maybe even say a little prayer, for the people who need to struggle daily trying to establish their true identity and worth in the world. If there is an aspiration here to make Message Board Genius as the biggest a**hole on this board: Congratulations!!!! I think you've made it.

It's really, really sad that there are people like this. During this holiday season please remember, and maybe even say a little prayer, for the people who need to struggle daily trying to establish their true identity and worth in the world. If there is an aspiration here to make Message Board Genius as the biggest a**hole on this board: Congratulations!!!! I think you've made it.
What’s sadder 200 thousand posts guys who get praised or guys you claim who need to make a new screen name because the MODs delete this guy’s because you guys are so juvenile that you run to him daily? You got guys waking up and the first thing they do is run to the board before they brush their teeth lol but you guys say this guy is sad lol.

What’s sadder 200 thousand posts guys who get praised or guys you claim who need to make a new screen name because the MODs delete this guy’s because you guys are so juvenile that you run to him daily? You got guys waking up and the first thing they do is run to the board before they brush their teeth lol but you guys say this guy is sad lol.
When have I ever asked a mod to do anything??? The answer is never. Also I don't run to this board the first thing in the morning because it's late in the evening right now where I am. It's just annoying to hear the same old crap from the same person on a daily basis and if I think that it's sad that this person feels the need to do this then that's my opinion.

1. What was the allotment?
2. How many were sold?
3. How many tickets were sold to RU fans apart from the allotment?

We know from many ticket discussions here, fans choose the best seats available from whoever is selling them.

It's a game in December in NY with forecasts iffy (some showers in the low 50's) right now. I wouldn't be shocked if many are waiting till the last minute to decide.

It may be the way the season ended has turned some away. I'd think we'll have to see the actual attendance before making any judgement.

I get there's been an influx of fake accounts recently but doesn't really matter who or why someone joined to post this. It's a valid question. I do think it'd been helpful if there were data to back up the claim.

Rutgers sold out its entire Pinstripe Bowl ticket allotments in 2011 and 2013. Sadly that is not the case this year. Yesterday's 5 p.m. deadline to order through RU came and went without any announcement of a sellout. At last check the 8 ticket maximum was still available in every section except the cheapest $60 level. The official Rutgers bowl site now links to TicketMaster instead.

Why does everyone think we're struggling to sell tickets for this year's Pinstripe Bowl? The 4-game losing streak?
Why question the post history if what the guy is saying is true? If we did not sell out our allotment we did not sell it out. So dudes who live on this board the only ones that count lol. Small time all around !!

Talking to yourself. A bad omen.

Reactions: GSGS and redking
Bowl games are an anachronism. Lots of the athletes choose not to participate. Not hard to understand why paying customers, particularly those who have to pay for flights and food and lodging, choose to skip the games as well. The days of the TV cameras scanning the stadium are over. Even moving the Pinstripe Bowl to Piscataway for this game wouldn’t have helped much. Even if Rutgers gave away free tickets it wouldn’t have helped much.

Hey schizoid get a dose of reality. There are now 7 full sections available for sale on the 300 level on the Rutgers sideline. That’s along the entire 3rd base side. These weren’t available for sale one week ago. Rutgers will bring 25,000+ to this Bowl Game. Miami? No new sections opened up and looks like the Hurricane fans are sitting this one out.

Last edited:
Hey schizoid get a dose of reality. There are now 7 full sections available for sale on the 300 level on the Rutgers sideline. That’s along the entire 3rd base side. These weren’t available for sale one week ago. Rutgers will bring 25,000+ to this Bowl Game. Miami? No new sections opened up and looks like the Hurricane fans are sitting this one out.
When #1 is backing me up - a guy who HATES this bowl game - we know the OP is a full-blown whack-a-doodle!!!

What's with the incessant "laughing," nut job? Why not respond with coherent, FACTUAL comments? For all you know Rutgers DID "sell out" it's allotment then got another batch....but you never thought about that, did you? I don't know....maybe they did, maybe they didn't....but just ASSuming the negative certainly doesn't make your right and, if so, WHO CARES?? There are obviously very, VERY few tickets left in those sections so WHY is this such an issue for you? Weirdo.

What's with the incessant "laughing," nut job? Why not respond with coherent, FACTUAL comments? For all you know Rutgers DID "sell out" it's allotment then got another batch....but you never thought about that, did you? I don't know....maybe they did, maybe they didn't....but just ASSuming the negative certainly doesn't make your right and, if so, WHO CARES?? There are obviously very, VERY few tickets left in those sections so WHY is this such an issue for you? Weirdo.
The guy has serious mental issues. Perhaps we should start a Go Fund Me campaign for him. Actually posting likes after he is called out for being a lunatic.

The guy has serious mental issues. Perhaps we should start a Go Fund Me campaign for him. Actually posting likes after he is called out for being a lunatic.
Yup. It immediately starts "liking" every post that says something I don't say and "laughing' or "getting angry" with ALL of my posts. It would make a good case study for someone working on their doctorate!

Why can’t you restrict access to the ip address?
Apparently Rivlas no longer has that option for the moderators. This lunatic has blown through 150+ monikers in a coupe of years. Probably close to 100 since football season began this year.

Reactions: redking
OP's identity revealed.
ahopkins-slambs.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Apparently Rivlas no longer has that option for the moderators. This lunatic has blown through 150+ monikers in a coupe of years. Probably close to 100 since football season began this year.
I don’t think he is the only one. I think there are 20 or so people out there with 10-20 log ins. Way too many people that post in tandem and have the same writing style n

Anyone who creates a half dozen monikers weekly, and over 150 the last 2 years, is the very definition of "sad."

What's even sadder (and really pathetic is the operative word) than what you surmise are people who need to create new screen names in order to discuss whether the Rutgers allotment is sold out, PLUS another person (assuming it isn't the same person with multiple screen names) defending the OP. Hey, isn't it about time for you to mention NIL? You are seriously slacking off this weekend.

Reactions: redking
But which one of him should get the go fund me? I kind of lean toward cheap sunglasses..,

• Haha
Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Sadder than Bac and Cali? Or are they ok because you like their content? 210 thousand posts and almost 200 thousand posts respectively. Is that not really the saddest thing ever?
It's incredibly sad. He chases me around like a 12-year old girl (no joke....it starts to "follow" my moniker with every new moniker it creates....)....it's kinda creepy, borderline stalking, and full-blown psychotic.

*** Over 20-years that's really not as many as you may think (and we disagree on as much as we agree). There are posters at others schools who dwarf the #'s Cali and BAC put up.

We're not going to see a ND or PSU size crowd. Just won't happen.

Hell IIRC ND used to sell out Giants Stadium when they played Army/Navy there.

Yes. But except for 2010 they were all played at the old stadium when both teams were ranked. Of course #1 Army vs. #2 ND in the 40s would sell out and draw 70,000.

Tha'ts about 28 posts per day. Might want to learn some basic mathematical skills buddy.
If you like the poster it’s ok but call others sad. 200 thousand posts for an old geezer is fine because what else does he have going on. Waking up at 6am to come here for 20 plus years now that’s sad. That’s enough of this for me today

If you like the poster it’s ok but call others sad. 200 thousand posts for an old geezer is fine because what else does he have going on. Waking up at 6am to come here for 20 plus years now that’s sad. That’s enough of this for me today
"Old geezer?" lol can't speak for BAC but I'd bet Cali (like myself) lives 10x the lifestyle that you do, my friend, so keep sticking up for the lunatic of the bunch lol!

The guy whose moniker is "365Poster24Seven" lolol.....:Hammer Nails:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT