ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers Football suffers ugly loss to No. 22 Iowa on Saturday

Maybe it is not KC's fault. It really may be GW is incapable of executing anything but a simple predictable playbook.
This.
Our wins are against teams that are 21-37. Not a single win vs. winning programs in the last 3 years.
Progress since Ash .. Absolutely.
Greg’s continued ignorance with an Offense that has a QB that who can’t make reads or throw accurately will keep us a meddling 6-6 team at best. #102 of all FBS QB Passing ratings says it all.

Last edited:
We got our asses kicked in the 2nd half, no doubt about it. Still wish we could've had that 4th and inches back on the first drive of the 2nd half, when we were moving the ball nicely, but got our 5th false start. Maybe it makes a difference, maybe not.

I'm now watching the Utah Washington game. Utah is wearing the same uniforms but their offense is doing a lot better.

I don’t think we should be passing the ball. Period. You want to win the game against Iowa when you have a weak QB room, then you run the ball.

I don’t know why we didn’t run it with Gavin today, but we had no business trying to win through the air with Gavin or Simon.

You don’t pass the ball against Iowa unless you’re good at it or you want to lose. We don’t have a passer. Simon isn’t a runner.

There you have it.
I’ve been begging for offense for 15 some odd years and before all these faster paces offense became a craze but the personnel on the team is what it is and I just accept it and that we are what we are. If we want more then the personnel has to be different.

Reactions: redking
This.
Our wins are against teams that are 21-37. Not a single win vs. winning programs in the last 3 years.
Progress since Ash .. Absolutely.
Greg’s continued ignorance with an Offense that has a QB that who can’t make reads or throw accurately will keep us a meddling 6-6 team at best.
We absolutely finish 6-6. GW is now maxed out. He really does not have the football IQ to play at this level.

Reactions: Mr Magoo
Ladies and Gentlemen, the competitive phase of today's Rutgers football game has ended. Tip your server. Exit through the gift shop. Drive safely.

Reactions: Nowucme
I don’t think we should be passing the ball. Period. You want to win the game against Iowa when you have a weak QB room, then you run the ball.

I don’t know why we didn’t run it with Gavin today, but we had no business trying to win through the air with Gavin or Simon.

You don’t pass the ball against Iowa unless you’re good at it or you want to lose. We don’t have a passer. Simon isn’t a runner.

There you have it.

They tried running and it didn’t work, they got stuffed repeatedly.

Reactions: bac2therac
If Gavin is going to be our QB next year, we may as well go full Wishbone. Get a FB in the portal, get a TE that can catch the effin ball, put both your strong RBs in the backfield at the same time, and teach dingbat Gavin how to line up under center.

Reactions: CERU00
We made Hill look like a Heisman candidate an d the first time I 5 years that Iowa has thrown a shutout.

Before this season began how many had this game as a win.
If you did, complain all you want.
Those that didn't : STOP WHINING
Rutgers is doing better , this year,than most of the whiners expected.
Hell some are whining about a bowl that before the season started they felt Rutgers wouldn't earn an invite to.

This game is what was expected, two bad offenses with good D.
Rutgers D is just a little worse and the RU D can't make up for that.
I'm not proud of the play, but all in all:
glad this team beat the expectations most had for it doing into the season..

So let the bashers get their licks in, because the o sucks, they have been wanting
to strut their stuff since they were forced to shut up when RU qualified for a bowl game
It not the O do you have eyes it one player
It’s the QB
It’s unnecessary and not fair to the rest of the team
We are supposed to expect this because it meets you preseason expectations
Please

Reactions: bac2therac
this is where Greg fails in that another qb should be in there getting reps. Greg sucks, very mediocre and he'll never get this program where it could be.

Reactions: King of S
OC - just tell GW to not switch up snap count since its our Offense who keep false starting!!!

Also Gavin hasn’t completed 50% of his passes against a D1 team since the Northwestern game

this is where Greg fails in that another qb should be in there getting reps. Greg sucks, very mediocre and he'll never get this program where it could be.
Wimsatt should be in there getting reps.. because he should be the backup

Brutal. I don't know how it's possible Iowa had zero penalties, but still. What did we get, maybe three first downs? Tough to watch.

Over/under the amount of false starts next week in Crappy Valley?

They tried running and it didn’t work, they got stuffed repeatedly.

1) I wouldn’t say we didn’t have any success with it, we shot ourselves in the foot on a few short yardage situations with penalties.

2) We have a good defense, we don’t have to light up the scoreboard. If you play a sound game and get beat because your running game (the strength of the offense) doesn’t get it going…you can live with that.

my only complaint about our playcalling today was that we didn’t run with Gavin more to make the running game more dynamic. If we came out throwing all over the field today, I’d be livid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT