ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers Football suffers ugly loss to No. 22 Iowa on Saturday

Seems like the same ref throwing flags on RU? Seems like all the refs turning blind eye to Iowa holding on every play.

Reactions: HeywoodGiant
#s- GW should have knelt with his other knee. Basic fundamentals from PeeWee to the NFL.

Jake Butt seemed so disappointed they didn’t get a score on that drive. Melton messing up his narrative about Hill

He literally couldn’t hide the disappointment in his voice

Looking forward to listening to the RU broadcast in the radio

Reactions: BOCA93
GW isn't the issue today, as we only have 32 yards on 13 carries. Kyle doesn't look 100% and Brown didn't impress when he was in and Gavin has only run once, which needs to increase. GW is 5-8 for 75, which, if we had our normal running stats, would be fine. Defense has been good, not great today, giving up a lot of yards to a poor offense, but coming through big on some big plays, especially the INT. Worst part of the game was our 4 false starts - and a couple of bad calls by the refs (not holding on us and 2 PIs on them). Game is obviously winnable still.

GW isn't the issue today, as we only have 32 yards on 13 carries. Kyle doesn't look 100% and Brown didn't impress when he was in and Gavin has only run once, which needs to increase. GW is 5-8 for 75, which, if we had our normal running stats, would be fine. Defense has been good, not great today, giving up a lot of yards to a poor offense, but coming through big on some big plays, especially the INT. Worst part of the game was our 4 false starts - and a couple of bad calls by the refs (not holding on us and 2 PIs on them). Game is obviously winnable still.
Kyle looks fine. Offense bogged down when they took him out. GW looks good. Need to cutdown on the unforced errors.

Hard to for SB IV to impress with 2 carries.

Halftime:

11 rushes 37 yards
5/8 passing 75 yards
0 points
1-5 on 3rd down

Tell me again about this conservative game plan we need?
Maybe if we only run it all 2nd half we’ll eventually get to 90 yards?

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Question: we took a knee but did it with a shotgun snap near the endzone. Can we not do an under the center snap?

Some nice balls today by Gavin and I’m one of his very tough critics. The two times we got into Iowa territory, was shot ourselves in the foot and couldn’t pull out any points.

Iowa's defense is good buy it is not super elite. We played 2 better d's this year and have not looked anywhere as inept as we look today.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
I think Wimsatt has to run the ball more, to the outside. The play in which he runs right behind the running back up the middle in my opinion is a bad play. All of the defense gets drawn in to tackle the running back and surprise there is GW with the ball to tackle.

Reactions: RUBlackout
Max has stepped up his game the last few weeks. Defense remains stout although we just struggle to get to the QB even when we bring extras. Without extras no shot. I think Iowa's D is why KM is not as productive as he has been. GS is not going to open it up much unless we get down by more than a score.

Going into the second half Rutgers must generate a passing attack because Iowa will continue to crowd the line of scrimmage to stop the run.On defense Rutgers must rush the quarterback and hope for a turnover.A low scoring game with 10- 13 points likely to win the game.

I did wonder what we would have done in Iowas spot: 1:23 left in the half and 1st down at our own 26

Not positive we are throwing it and trying to score before the half.
we take one shot for sure but I think we go on the ground saving the fg

Reactions: NickRU714
we take one shot for sure but I think we go on the ground saving the fg
SPEED UP THE PACE OF GAME. We do not even have the ability to run a 2 minute offense. Our 2 minute offense needs to start at 6 minutes that's how slow this offense is. How about you try to put someone on their heels

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT