ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers Football suffers ugly loss to No. 22 Iowa on Saturday

Greg said RU could be like Iowa in developing players and culture...he is getting out coached today...KIrk needs open the offense up with short passes....

Greg said RU could be like Iowa in developing players and culture...he is getting out coached today...KIrk needs open the offense up with short passes....
Gavin doesn’t have the accuracy to consistently throw them

If the staff is going to avoid passing the ball all season, can’t expect the passing game to just flip a switch and start working.

The passing offense effectiveness was cast already before this game started.

This is why Inkeep saying pass it now to prepare for next year.

No one should be surprised at this offense and playcalling today

When we brought this crap up we were met with GW has team 6-2

I guess when they hold on every single play it just looks normal to the refs.

the outcome of this game is 100000000% on the OC

How about a sweep to Rochelle or a slant to Aaron Young. He deserves an F for today so far. This is worse than Mehringer.

If the staff is going to avoid passing the ball all season, can’t expect the passing game to just flip a switch and start working.

The passing offense effectiveness was cast already before this game started.

This is why Inkeep saying pass it now to prepare for next year.
I think if that’s what you want then you need to find a different qb. I don’t think passing more will make much a difference to the future.

But we don’t have that now so we are what we are and you work within those parameters.

What makes you think there is more to this offense? If you haven’t seen it this season to this point it doesn’t exist. There is no open up. This is the Kirk offense. That’s why he was fired from PSU.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
we have 1 page offense.
The more I see of GW, the more I think I am not sure if he has the smarts yet to play the position. He has the physical tools, but not mental tools as of yet. If that does not improve in the offseason, we better hope Sheppard and Surace develop quickly.
i have been GW supporter all year but his reluctant to run is making me rethink.
Maybe his QB IQ will never follow his physical tools...

It's so frustrating. Whenever we have the chance to rid ourselves of the "Same old Rutgers" stench, we pull a game like this out of our asses.

The only explanation I can come up with is - Rutgers truly is cursed when it comes to football.

Gavin doesn’t have the accuracy to consistently throw them
Not the issue today. We should be running more and HE needs to keep some. Captain Kirk has to be calling “rpo handoffs “ only which is ridiculous.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT