ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers has reached out to El Ellis

Would be a great addition but I cannot see him landing here.

How about the Girard kid from Cuse ?

Usually I’m pretty hesitant on guys that we’re inefficient on bad teams but I actually think he’s a solid bet to take, lightning quick and was just in a terrible situation.

In his highlights, he drives and kicks for 3's finds bigs on penetration, skips for 3's when doubled off ball screens, throws alley oop. That all looks good. Stats show lots of turnovers and does not look 6'3"

Reactions: Scangg
His highlights are great. Can we afford him?
Can we afford the turnovers that aren't on the highlight video?
I think the NIL is overblown but I'm probably outnumbered 100:1 in that respect
I bet a decent number of guys in the portal are there because they were promised NIL that didn't come through.

• Wow
Reactions: runrutgersrun
Lots of turnovers but he played 36 mpg as the primary ball handler for a team that was usually losing and playing from behind. I bet those turnovers come down in a better environment. Other stats might come down as well of course. I doubt we have a shot at him as basically every school wants him.

Last edited:
Girard probably has his top 3 schools. Clemson, Notre Dame, and BYU. Those schools have donors with cash. Lots of cash. Probably will get a nice NIL deal. He is not on Rutgers radar.

If it comes down to NIL in that crew we'll finish 4th .

I'll be kind and call our NIL program------meager.

A player with his talent as a point guard isn't coming to Rutgers to be a bench player.The more I read the names Rutgers is after the more likely Mulcahy isn't returning.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Can we afford the turnovers that aren't on the highlight video?
I think the NIL is overblown but I'm probably outnumbered 100:1 in that respect
I bet a decent number of guys in the portal are there because they were promised NIL that didn't come through.
Wouldn't that be able to be filtered down by year they went to the school from which they are transferring?

If they are a 1-year player somewhere... yeah.. NIL promises could have got them to their previous destination.

A player with his talent as a point guard isn't coming to Rutgers to be a bench player.The more I read the names Rutgers is after the more likely Mulcahy isn't returning.
Are you saying Paul can't play off the ball like he did the last few games or are not considering that a real possibility?

Are you saying Paul can't play off the ball like he did the last few games or are not considering that a real possibility?

The question isn't "can he".

The question is: will Paul be a better option than others off the ball. Such as Griffiths or perhaps another transfer.

The question is: will Paul be a better option than others off the ball. Such as Griffiths or perhaps another transfer.
Have they shown interest in many wings? I don't recall much other than PGs thus far.

Yup that’s the right question and the answer is obvious which leads to the next question and obvious answer

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT