ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers lacrosse struggles mightily against Princeton

Well … not their year … need to keep beating the bad teams and finish over .500

I would be absolutely stunned if this team turns it around and makes a tournament run. They’re just not that good right now. Too many key injuries and who knows what else.

2-straight seasons not making the tournament, following a Final 4, is not a good coaching job. Or it’s a lousy recruiting job. It’s got to be one of the other, right?I know some of my friends are going to hate hearing me say that but it is what it is unfortunately.

Still a long way to go this season, so hopefully they turn it around, let’s go!

Last edited:
Reactions: rucoe89
I would be absolutely stunned if this team turns it around and makes a tournament run. They’re just not that good right now. Too many key injuries and who knows what else.

3-straight seasons not making the tournament, following a Final 4, not a good coaching job. Or it’s a lousy recruiting job. It’s got to be one of the other, right?I know some of my friends are going to hate hearing me say that but it is what it is unfortunately.

They made the Final Four in '22, so what's this 3-staight seasons? And after you cite injuries, which have above normal for this season and last, you ask whether the problem is coaching or recruiting.

You enjoy kicking people when they're down?

They made the Final Four in '22, so what's this 3-staight seasons? And after you cite injuries, which have above normal for this season and last, you ask whether the problem is coaching or recruiting.

You enjoy kicking people when they're down?
My bed on the count; I will edit that. So you’re saying you’re happy with the progress of this program since making the final four? Be honest.

Unlike some, I can't complain. The Cameron injury last season derailed RU. It's very hard in this game to just plug in another player well into the season on what was a very successful attack, scoring double digits in every game up to the point where he went down.

Speaking to this season, it is very difficult to start a season missing key players. Rizotti was expected to be the mainstay of the close D, and Edwards in a similar role at SSDM. We were counting on them to help to bring together a new defense that had not played with one another. Kelly was to add an additional element to the offense and I saw first hand what was coming together in the final scrimmage against Villanova.

So, you have misfires on both attack and defense. Add to that a slew of injuries to supporting players. Peters and Brady Kurdyla , expected to see actionaon second midfield. Shane Murphy, a

Sorry for the interruption. My Bad. To continue"

Murphy, a promising attackman. Harris Hubbard, defender from Washington and Lee, who has seen brief appearances in only two games.

I could go on, but there is no sense arguing with the detractors. After an injury, you simply can not come back at 80% and be effective. And once you are ready to go, you have to get back to developing chemistry with teammates. IMHO lacrosse is the hardest sport in terms of absorbing injuries to key players.

Coaches don't cause injuries. They are only left to deal with them, and that's a tough task in this sport.

So, given the circumstances, I am not unhappy with the result. So far, we have lost to two teams that will probably be top ten by tournament time.

Will it all come together for RU? Sorry, I don't own a crystal ball.

Sorry for the interruption. My Bad. To continue"

Murphy, a promising attackman. Harris Hubbard, defender from Washington and Lee, who has seen brief appearances in only two games.

I could go on, but there is no sense arguing with the detractors. After an injury, you simply can not come back at 80% and be effective. And once you are ready to go, you have to get back to developing chemistry with teammates. IMHO lacrosse is the hardest sport in terms of absorbing injuries to key players.

Coaches don't cause injuries. They are only left to deal with them, and that's a tough task in this sport.

So, given the circumstances, I am not unhappy with the result. So far, we have lost to two teams that will probably be top ten by tournament time.

Will it all come together for RU? Sorry, I don't own a crystal ball.

More good stuff. But I wouldn't try to predict where the Ivies will end up. Brown, who's had a horrible season, took Maryland to OT yesterday. And today Harvard beat Michigan and Yale beat Denver, both on the road.

2-straight seasons not making the tournament, following a Final 4, is not a good coaching job. Or it’s a lousy recruiting job. It’s got to be one of the other, right?I know some of my friends are going to hate hearing me say that but it is what it is unfortunately.

Correct. We all kill Mike O'neill, at least he makes the tournament

Bottom line every Rutgers team needs to get better.Injuries are part of roster formation having backups when they occur.Winning matters in sports.

No other team has had the injuries we’ve had. Pay no attention nyc lax. He knows nothing.

Today was almost the team we wanted this year. Unfortunately a number we’re seeing their first live action. I still contend this team will be better in May then now. Took our lumps today but hopefully it pays off later. Lots of opportunities ahead.

Starts Sat with Umass.

No other team has had the injuries we’ve had. Pay no attention nyc lax. He knows nothing.

Today was almost the team we wanted this year. Unfortunately a number we’re seeing their first live action. I still contend this team will be better in May then now. Took our lumps today but hopefully it pays off later. Lots of opportunities ahead.

Starts Sat with Umass.
I get it brotha, I do...and you know that I hate being critical of this team/staff...but bottom line: we all expected better following a Final 4 run and so far it's been the opposite. Need a huge run here so let's gooooo!!!

Starts Sat with Umass.
You are correct about opportunities. With all of the top 20 teams on the schedule going forward the opportunity is still there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT