ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Rutgers lands Merrimack transfer G Jordan Derkack

This is also big with his brother's recruitment as well... If you haven't seen Aiden play go check out Colonia high next year or over in the summer leagues. Kid is legit
Actually similiar style to his brother. If grows more has a chance at this level.

Having this kid come off the bench with full energy will be amazing. All of a sudden we are stacked with 6’6+ guys that are athletic, hustle, play D, rebound, and have scoring punch.

I know everyone really wanted proven 3pt snipers. That may still come. But seems Pike has a vision and he’s going for it. Big and gritty players. Rebounding, D, transition scoring.

Last edited:
My starting 5 today is:

1 - Harper
2 - JWill
3 - Ace
4 - Martini
5 - Transfer Center

I don't know that there's a spot for him there? Unless he's better than JWill, and starts at the 2, which would be a positive since we know JWill is pretty good already.
I’m happy going to battle with that. I’d say better than 50/50 chance that the starting 4 by mid season is Dylan Grant or one of the 2 open spots to be filled.

That gives a bench with Sommerville, JMike, Derkack, Acuff, Martini, Egbole, Dortch. And loser of (Grant/TBD). Yes please.

And if one of these players fights into the starting rotation, great!

Seriously, don’t get it. This should be a guy you sign 3 week’s from now
Says who? He was being heavily recruited by at least PSU, USC, and SHU. And we have 2 more spots open. Why would we wait?
He's not a starter
it was widely reported that he was being offered starters minutes at PSU and Seton Hall. So complaining about this guy, for whatever role he is able to secure, is silly.

Pikes assembling his worst 3 point shooting team and that saying alot
If all you look at is espn stats then sure

Usage rate, being #1 on scout report, talent around the player all kinda matter

I’ll wager my season tix Acuff and Dercack will shoot noticeable better when they are option 3-4-5 on the court shooting spot up corner 3s or being defended by the teams weakest defender

I’ll wager my season tix Acuff and Dercack will shoot noticeable better when they are option 3-4-5 on the court shooting spot up corner 3s or being defended by the teams weakest defender
Hope you’re right !

Jwill Acuff Dercack all on the ball volume scorers . None of which shoot over 29% from 3. 2 of which thrives at scoring at the rim and being in the lane in under sized conferences. We don’t need 3 of the same players we need shooters to create space . Dylan and Ace will have and should have the ball most of the time . Confused but let’s see how it al comes together. Lots to like about the young man . Definitely a lot of depth being created and inside track on future recruit.

Reactions: GillesDeleuze
Maybe jwill is not a given
How is that the reaction? We're adding solid depth at worst, a hidden gem at best. We have to fill out a roster. What were you expecting exactly? What kind of realistic option would make you happy?

By the way, to this specific point, Breitman interviewed JWill today... and if he's not coming back, he's an incredible actor.

How is that the reaction? We're adding solid depth at worst, a hidden gem at best. We have to fill out a roster. What were you expecting exactly? What kind of realistic option would make you happy?

By the way, to this specific point, Breitman interviewed JWill today... and if he's not coming back, he's an incredible actor.

My guess is he’s Irish. ☘️

• Haha
Reactions: RUDivision
Jwill Acuff Dercack all on the ball volume scorers . None of which shoot over 29% from 3. 2 of which thrives at scoring at the rim and being in the lane in under sized conferences. We don’t need 3 of the same players we need shooters to create space . Dylan and Ace will have and should have the ball most of the time . Confused but let’s see how it al comes together. Lots to like about the young man . Definitely a lot of depth being created and inside track on future recruit.
You’re basing that entirely on last year with Acuff.

The year before Acuff played off the ball with Emoni Bates and Noah Farrakhan taking the first and second most shot attempts on the team. He shot 45.8% from the floor and 34.4% from three.

He was asked to be a ball dominant volume shooter last year. That doesn’t mean that’s the only thing he knows how to do.

You’re basing that entirely on last year with Acuff.

The year before Acuff played off the ball with Emoni Bates and Noah Farrakhan taking the first and second most shot attempts on the team. He shot 45.8% from the floor and 34.4% from three.

He was asked to be a ball dominant volume shooter last year. That doesn’t mean that’s the only thing he knows how to do.
Absolutely fair! Aren’t you basing your point on one good shooting season as well?
Just feel with current roster more natural catch and shoot players would be better fit.
Looking forward to seeing it all come together

Pike is assembling depth of quality, leadership, experience and toughness....all things lacking around these parts for a year and a half
This guy brings more of a complete game with intangibles, similar to a tough player like a McConnell type. This team needs that next year. Guys like Martini, Acuff, and Derkack bring toughness, experience and intangible qualities that will be an immense help to our young guys. If we add a quality big, Pike will have hit a home run this offseason. My compliments to him and the staff, hopefully they finish it off strong.

Coach is adding size, experience, and scoring ability — all things we sorely need next season.

The fact that Derkack is also a stellar defensive player will make him extremely valuable under Pike.

Another good piece with 2 more to go!

Coach is adding size, experience, and scoring ability — all things we sorely need next season.

The fact that Derkack is also a stellar defensive player will make him extremely valuable under Pike.

Another good piece with 2 more to go!
Love the size. Without even knowing who our center is, I predict a lot of second chance points for this team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT