ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers LB coach to Minnesota as DC

Good for him and a loss for us. There was a lot of positive talk about his work with the LB group.

A little turnaround with PJ taking from GS staff when recently it has all been going in the other direction.

Between Harasymiak, Ciarocca, the production we've had from Flip Dixon, and now at least a backup QB and maybe a starting QB, the least we could do is let these guy promote our LB coach.

No doubts Schiano will acquire a top LBer coach… happy for Corey Heatherman a very good coach... Do we have a current on staff guy ( former RU player) who is capable.

Last edited:
Former linebacker Damaso Muñoz is on our staff as a quality control assistant. He’s done some coaching and played professionally. Could be an in-house option?

All this Minnesota-Rutgers, Rutgers-Minnesota is getting a little too incestuous for my taste. But, so long as we end up on the winning end of things, I'm ok with it.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
Between Harasymiak, Ciarocca, the production we've had from Flip Dixon, and now at least a backup QB and maybe a starting QB, the least we could do is let these guy promote our LB coach.
Also Ahanotu and Dunlap

The question was do we have on current staff a possible former RU player ? Answer: Damaso Munoz… or do we open up the $$$$ vault ? 😜

Position coaches and coordinators move around with great regularity
2-3 years seems about average with 5 being about the most at one spot.
The clock is ticking as soon as they get hired.
It used to be that a coach had 5-7 years to turn a team around (relative to conference).
Now coaches and staff get fired fast, and as much as coaches are overpaid, the nomadic lifestyle is a burden

Position coaches and coordinators move around with great regularity
2-3 years seems about average with 5 being about the most at one spot.
The clock is ticking as soon as they get hired.
It used to be that a coach had 5-7 years to turn a team around (relative to conference).
Now coaches and staff get fired fast, and as much as coaches are overpaid, the nomadic lifestyle is a burden
Maybe we can get this guy back on the banks as DC?

maxresdefault.jpg

That was definitely a major buh-buh in our history.
Funny thing is that he is a position coach at University of Arizona under NJ's own Jedd Fisch. Someone has said he is actually a decent position coach. IDK and don't really care. Just remember that the defense was not too good under him.

Looked it up, in 2019, RU was dead last in B1G in team defense, giving up 36.7 points per game, a full touchdown below Purdue.

In 2021, RU moved up to #10 in B1G at 24.6 ppg, and in 2023, RU was #7 at 21 ppg.

Funny thing is that he is a position coach at University of Arizona under NJ's own Jedd Fisch. Someone has said he is actually a decent position coach. IDK and don't really care. Just remember that the defense was not too good under him.

Looked it up, in 2019, RU was dead last in B1G in team defense, giving up 36.7 points per game, a full touchdown below Purdue.

In 2021, RU moved up to #10 in B1G at 24.6 ppg, and in 2023, RU was #7 at 21 ppg.
Andy Buh didn't get a chance to coach under Jedd Fisch, and has been coaching the linebackers at Illinois for the past 3 seasons. He was an outside linebackers coach at Arizona under head coach Kevin Sumlin in 2020 during the shortened Covid season, when Arizona finished 0-5 and was outscored 199-87. He wasn't retained when Fisch was hired as head coach after that season, but was hired at Illinois when Bret Bielema was hired as head coach there. We've only played against Buh's Illinois linebackers once so far, winning 20-14 in 2021.

I don't know how good of a linebackers coach he is, but I've seen articles that state that some people feel he's one of the best teachers on the Illinois staff...

AA1kQDAM.img

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
Andy Buh didn't get a chance to coach under Jedd Fisch, and has been coaching the linebackers at Illinois for the past 3 seasons. He was an outside linebackers coach at Arizona under head coach Kevin Sumlin in 2020 during the shortened Covid season, when Arizona finished 0-5 and was outscored 199-87. He wasn't retained when Fisch was hired as head coach after that season, but was hired at Illinois when Bret Bielema was hired as head coach there. We've only played against Buh's Illinois linebackers once so far, winning 20-14 in 2021.

I don't know how good of a linebackers coach he is, but I've seen articles that state that some people feel he's one of the best teachers on the Illinois staff...

AA1kQDAM.img
Geez what a huge whiff by me!

Is Buh doing his best Bobby DeNiro imitation there?

giphy.gif

Could be a good position coach and teacher - no shame in that. Didn't work out here as a DC, but very little worked out during the Ash era.

Could be a good position coach and teacher - no shame in that. Didn't work out here as a DC, but very little worked out during the Ash era.
No we don’t need anything which has ties to Chris Ash . There are many other options and I know Schiano has a list .

How about another in house possibility with coaching experience out side of RU - Scott Vallone. I think he is still on staff, and has coached several positions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT