ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers lobbying effort for athletic facilities

RutgersTwice

Junior
Feb 8, 2004
For those who don't get the Rutgers University Alumni Association emails ... one arrived today linking to a website generating emails to state legislators:

http://bit.ly/1O43xGj

I assume it's OK to re-paste the email here; if not I apologize to the moderators.

The email reads as follows:

Urgent Call to Action

AIbEiAIAAABDCNmazfCboL7hIyILdmNhcmRfcGhvdG8qKGFmZWI3YWRjYWY3M2YyOTM2OTU1NjJiMzFhMjdlNzE5OTlhMjJkOWIwAachrzeoHWez9PNsH7rSSsZ-CK3_

Joseph H. Lemkin RC ‘90 via imodules.com
cleardot.gif

cTsNK62EWymVA1VgNzUDuTw7ffltrYfYdQEgosghLYgP8Z1CEPGq3rOWn-SsD6n3hiIPmjNGWQkgrr5BW6J1tzLrwDTbnk77hsaxuFYrI1_N3BSkom7gcHpggprcHTqpLNvFPl8PfgCXRQr1b1DnCa3_ft6KqbYtXYnlGA=s0-d-e1-ft

To All New Jersey Rutgers Alumni,

Rutgers needs your help – it won’t cost you a cent, but the two minutes it takes for you to act on this email will save the University $25 million. Time is of the essence and it is important that you take action this week.

On Thursday, January 7th, the Assembly Appropriations Committee will consider legislation proposed by Senator Ray Lesniak RC ‘71, Senator Tom Kean Jr. and Assemblyman Pat Diegnan. The legislation would provide Rutgers with up to $25 million in tax credits to help partially offset the cost of constructing the new indoor practice facility for men’s and women’s basketball, volleyball, gymnastics and wrestling.

Senator Lesniak’s bill already passed the Senate by an overwhelming and bipartisan vote of 37-3, and final passage on Monday, January 11th in the Assembly is the last step to getting this bill to the governor’s desk.

The good news is that there is a bipartisan commitment to getting this done. The bad news is that there are enormous other pressures on the Legislature and the current legislative session ends next week. We need your help in urging the members of the Assembly to support the bill.

This is a very easy process. Please click on this link, and you will be able to send a pre-drafted letter to your members of the Assembly urging their action on this important bill. It’s all automatic; our program will identify your legislator, and automatically send the letter.

Please act today. If we hesitate, the session could draw to a close and all the progress we have already made on this legislation would be for naught.

I hope we can count on you to click on this link and secure an even better and brighter for our Rutgers.

Thanks for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Joseph H. Lemkin RC ‘90
Vice Chair, Rutgers University Alumni Association
Former President and Current Board Member, Touchdown Club
Rutgers University Alumni Association | Winants Hall, 7 College Avenue | New Brunswick, NJ 08901

Whether your state rep is pro or anti Rutgers, or just indifferent, it's very important to build a volume of contacts to the state legislature every time there is a Rutgers issue before them. It's important for legislators to see how many Rutgers alumni (esp.engaged alum) are out there in the state.

Reactions: Ready to Rumble
Just received this from my assemblyman (Republican Monmouth County)

Thank you for your email. I appreciate your concerns and comments on this issue and wish to let you know that I am in full support of A4704.

Please feel free to contact me anytime I can be of assistance to you.

Sincerely,
Assemblyman Ron Dancer

this needs to be pinned at top of topics for next several days please.

This thread should have 2,000 views & 1,000 responses that they sent an email to their legislators.

Why? It's not like anyone and everyone here hasn't already or won't soon enough. I had ZERO reason to respond to this thread until now lol.

Whether your state rep is pro or anti Rutgers, or just indifferent, it's very important to build a volume of contacts to the state legislature every time there is a Rutgers issue before them. It's important for legislators to see how many Rutgers alumni (esp.engaged alum) are out there in the state.
This can't be said enough. Most get regular updates of topics in calls and letters. They rarely look beyond how many pro vs. con.

Today is first hurdle,with Tuesday being deadline,then Christie has to sign it..Im sure Senator Lesniak will give updates on Twitter..

Today is first hurdle,with Tuesday being deadline,then Christie has to sign it..Im sure Senator Lesniak will give updates on Twitter..

Now we have a problem can that fat tub of Crisco know even how to spell Christie?.
Lord knows if he will ever return to New Jersey before November? (after he gets elected President)[laughing]
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: <for the slow ones on this board

Sent link to friends in Jersey after getting this when tried to send :
(This alert does not apply to your state. This alert only applies to the following states: NJ.)

It passed the assembly appropriations committee. It's on for full assembly vote on Monday, where it is expected to pass. Then it's on the Governors desk.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT