ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Men’s Basketball Game Times, TV Designations Announced

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Reactions: rubigtimenow
I'm a bit disappointed that every game we play is on BTN and not several on ESPN / FS 1 etc. Not good for recruiting in my humble opinion.

The 3 games not on BTN are as follows:

At Pitt - will be on an ESPN channel only because ESPN owns rights to Big 10 / ACC Challenge

Lafayette - ESPN U.....must be a slow day and ESPN needs content

At Maryland - FS1

Besides fans in the conference who watch BTN, no one will watch us given the above.

Not a good recruiting sell.....

Last edited:
Phil, the large majority of people have all their sports stations in the same grouping (ex channels 200 to 230). People are just as likely to watch a Mississippi State game whether they are on SEC Network or ESPN 1 or 2 or ESPNU or FS1 or FS2 or NBC Sports Network or CBS Sports Network.Most people are bouncing around several games at once anyway. If we start winning, no one will have any trouble watching our games. Just my two cents, not to mention it is the middle of the night and I am rambling more than usual.

I'm a bit disappointed that every game we play is on BTN and not several on ESPN / FS 1 etc. Not good for recruiting in my humble opinion.

At Pitt - will be on an ESPN channel only because ESPN owns rights to Big 10 / ACC Challenge

At Maryland - FS1

Besides fans in the conference who watch BTN, no one will watch us given the above.

There's a reason Pikiell says in every single interview that we play in the Big Ten. We're out of sight, out of mind for a good part of the country. But Heaven is right, only way to change it is to win.

Btw the Big East is all FS1 with a few on broadcast FOX. I think ESPN is heavily ACC and B12 these days

Reactions: RU-GUY

At Maryland - FS1

ESPN used RU to build their online ESPN3 just like the BIG is using RU to build BTN viewership. RU just has to win so the networks can place RU games on their flagship channels. I’m more happy that I, along with others interested in watching RU, can watch most of the games through whatever platform rather than only having the option of listening to the game on radio if not at game.

GO RU

Surprised there's no TV (yet) for the St. Bonnies game in Toronto.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT