ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Men’s Lacrosse Heads to No. 4/5 Maryland for Saturday on BTN

Marylands deep recruiting on display. Their 4th string attackman comes in for relief and pops 3 goals.

This game is there for the taking. MD is very good on D but not good offensively.

Out D is playing great

Our shooters need to locate better. Lots of shots into McNaneys chest

B1G really goes out of their way to screw up simple solutions to officiating. Seen it now it almost every sport. No replays in critical basketball/wrestling/lacrosse this season alone.

Maryland rolling now 10-6.

This was a good effort by Rutgers, but we just don’t have enough offense, especially against a near-elite defense and AA goalie.

Maryland rolling now 10-6.

This was a good effort by Rutgers, but we just don’t have enough offense, especially against a near-elite defense and AA goalie.
They finish a lot of their looks. We aren’t. A lot of that is their goalie. He’s arguably the best in the country.

Defense and Stoller played winning lacrosse tonight. Offense was not good. Poor shooting effort and some guys are very sloppy with the ball. Lots of turnovers
Agreed. Defense angain did their part. They improved from point of weakness to point of strength.

Offense had great looks didn’t convert. Don’t understand why we can never find the open man when the slide comes. The middle of the field and the trailer were open all night.

Game was always tall order. We are playing better but we needed to play almost perfect to beat them. Our shooting wasn’t great. Ball movement and player movement has been much better.

We did a lot of great things tonight. Our shooting was questionable at times and hats off to their goalie. We missed a few we had to have and their goalie stole a few.

Maryland doesn’t lose at Maryland very often . Solid showing. Next week is huge.

B1G needs to put in instant replay. That missed goal is simply unacceptable

Game was always tall order. We are playing better but we needed to play almost perfect to beat them. Our shooting wasn’t great. Ball movement and player movement has been much better.

We did a lot of great things tonight. Our shooting was questionable at times and hats off to their goalie. We missed a few we had to have and their goalie stole a few.

Maryland doesn’t lose at Maryland very often . Solid showing. Next week is huge.

B1G needs to put in instant replay. That missed goal is simply unacceptable
It’s a completely different game if they counted that goal

What is so tough about that no goal is how clearly it was a goal. Not like did it cross the line or not, or hit the inside of a pole and took an odd angle. Or tough to see for some reason. It was a blatant goal.

If he utilized the technology available on the sideline like most other coaches he would have seen it real time.

Maryland lives on those iPads.

And for the Big 10 there is no replay during the regular season. The refs couldn't use those iPads

And for the Big 10 there is no replay during the regular season. The refs couldn't use those iPads
Doesn’t matter what the refs can use. It’s what the coaches can use. To not use all available technology to your benefit is setting you and the team up for failure.
You think the if the scenario was reversed and Maryland knew real time it was a goal they wouldn’t be all over the refs? Not saying it would have lead to a victory but the tone of the game could have been adjusted. Although outside of that missed goal I think it was a very well officiated game. The team needed Brecht to fight for them at that point. It warranted him losing his cool and letting the refs know they f’d up. Instead of taking it with a smile.

Last edited:
Doesn’t matter what the refs can use. It’s what the coaches can use. To not use all available technology to your benefit is setting you and the team up for failure.
You think the if the scenario was reversed and Maryland knew real time it was a goal they wouldn’t be all over the refs? Not saying it would have lead to a victory but the tone of the officiating could have been adjusted. Although outside of that missed goal I think it was a very well officiated game.

Simply and suscinctly, the call would not have been reversed

Simply and suscinctly, the call would not have been reversed
No it wouldn’t. But what did Maryland do after that play? They went on a run. Team was deflated. If Brecht had the info he should have and would have fought real time. That could have had an effect on morale.

Last edited:
@gef21, has word gotten around the MAPL, though Harry Price retired before Hill joined.
Honestly I had not heard it. I am heading out to Hill this week, so I expect to see something there. What a legend and good person.

Honestly I had not heard it. I am heading out to Hill this week, so I expect to see something there. What a legend and good person.

You'll be playing on Harry Price Field against a lax coach who is the beneficiary of Harry Price Endowed Lacrosse Coach Fund. Funny story. When a former player wanted to set that up the school had just gone coed. It was suggested to him that somethhing for women might be appropriate. The response "Good point". He doubled the gift and endowed the women's HC position. A player a year behind me went to Harvard the Navy OCS. He flew an FA-18 in the Gulf War and was commander of the carrier Kennedy in the Afghanistan in the Afghan conflict. For the last 15 years of his time as HC Navy regularly sent 1 or 2 players to PG for him. There is one Blue Angel in his list of former players.

Reactions: gef21 and kupuna133
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT