ADVERTISEMENT

No. 17 Rutgers Men’s Lacrosse Heads to Loyola

They really look like they are out to prove something today. Do you think they read this board?

How was that Ross shot a crease violation.
i thought on first glance the head of his stick hit the ground in the crease before ball went in ... Even the announcers were baffled why that was not overturned

Reactions: Wagram97
No goals in the last quarter. Took the foot off the gas pedal to chew clock. Would’ve liked to get some “style points” with an 18 goal outing, but thrilled with the effort today.

Chased the starting goalie out in the 3rd.

Do think they are missing Kelly, the big gun on the outside. Also, got to give some credit to Stoller, made some good saves. Plus, as good as the attack was, thought the defense played really well - seemed to have better communication.

The team needed a game just like this. The close D and Stoller especially. What a tremendous response. And a tip of the cap to our FOGOs. Just because it looked like an advantage statistically going into the game means squat. It's about style matchups and each whistle is a street fight. The boys took care of business.

That was the best, most complete game we’ve played in a bit. The defense was connected, we dominated faceoffs which has been an issue for them, and our ball movement was very, very crisp. You knew they were going to come out and play better but today was a bit of a revelation. Some of the injured guys might back before B1G play. Ultimately this all may be a blessing. We are building really good depth across the board.

That was the best, most complete game we’ve played in a bit. The defense was connected, we dominated faceoffs which has been an issue for them, and our ball movement was very, very crisp. You knew they were going to come out and play better but today was a bit of a revelation. Some of the injured guys might back before B1G play. Ultimately this all may be a blessing. We are building really good depth across the board.
How do we project against Princeton if our guys are still out?

Going to be very tough but our guys took a nice step today. We were very connected on D and the ball was spinning in O. If we get lucky we may have two of the injured guys back but I wouldn’t count on it.

Today was great for morale. I’m sure practice was extremely hard this week. But the guys responded and looked very good. Now we need to build on it. Keep doing that and Princeton is winnable.

RU looked very buttoned up yesterday in all phases…I’ll be back to rooting for them the rest of the way…

With that said, it was so nice to see so many old friends and familiar faces in the RU crew yesterday. I very much enjoyed seeing all my old friends…good good people

Said it before and I’ll say it again. Once a Knight always a Knight. That goes for family members too!

Tough one for Loyola but they have players and a the staff. Hopefully they go on a run. I’ll be rooting for them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT