ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Men's Soccer Hosted Indiana in Historic Big Ten Championship Sunday Afternoon And Won

Great watch and win. Congrats to JM and the team. They are really playing well. How well regarded is the B1G in soccer? I know IU and MD have established programs but do we get four teams in? Do we have a good shot at a home game? If 48 in the field assume 16 get byes and the next 32 play so I assume we might have a shot at a first round home game.

Great watch and win. Congrats to JM and the team. They are really playing well. How well regarded is the B1G in soccer? I know IU and MD have established programs but do we get four teams in? Do we have a good shot at a home game? If 48 in the field assume 16 get byes and the next 32 play so I assume we might have a shot at a first round home game.
B1G likely gets 4 in with RU, IU, UMD, and OSU.

Reactions: rucoe89
Congrats to the men! I am so happy for them and proud of what they accomplished. The first men's B1G championship in any sport.

I watched the entire game from 3,000 miles away, and that corner kick which went in was a beauty to behold. That was amazing. Just amazing. And what I loved about watching our men, they never took their foot off the gas pedal. They attacked throughout the game. Just a real treat to watch them win.

W

How does anyone not have him on ignore???
Never realized how annoying he was until we are playing in a B1G championship game and his expectations are to lose in every post.

Honestly at 1-1 halftime. I felt pretty comfortable with the wind in our direction as I explained in earlier posts.

THe game was so much fun to attend. It was a wonderful celebration and I think many of our basketbaall players and staff were present. I spoke to Steve Pikiell before the game. He attends almost all of our athletic contests and supports all of our sports. We are so lucky to have him as our basketball coach.

B1G likely gets 4 in with RU, IU, UMD, and OSU.
I think three, honestly (but I am no expert). I don't think Ohio State gets in. The B1G is weak soccer league, and only Indiana and Maryland play a tough enough out-of-conference schedule to overcome that.

Great job, Rutgers! That was a dominant performance that likely turned a lot of heads. Good luck in your likely home game in the first round of NCAA!

I don't know why Track get so much S from you all. He is on every thread for every sport pulling for Rutgers. Some people are just more pessimistic than others. I'm a lot like Track, ha ha...

I think three, honestly (but I am no expert). I don't think Ohio State gets in. The B1G is weak soccer league, and only Indiana and Maryland play a tough enough out-of-conference schedule to overcome that.

Great job, Rutgers! That was a dominant performance that likely turned a lot of heads. Good luck in your likely home game in the first round of NCAA!
Hopefully with UCLA/USC moving in, B1G soccer will start to get more respect and get more at-larges in the future. I'm looking forward to being able to recruit out there.

FheuykNXkAI5gHd

Morning RPI rankings FWIW

Maryland 16 (IN)
Indiana 23 (likely in)
Ohio State 34 (pucker time...?)
Rutgers 51 (IN!)

I think we deserve a home game but with that RPI, I wouldn't put it past the committee to stick it to us.

ADVERTISEMENT