ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Men's Soccer Hosted Indiana in Historic Big Ten Championship Sunday Afternoon And Won

Morning RPI rankings FWIW

Maryland 16 (IN)
Indiana 23 (likely in)
Ohio State 34 (pucker time...?)
Rutgers 51 (IN!)

I think we deserve a home game but with that RPI, I wouldn't put it past the committee to stick it to us.

I think that RPI is a week old, and does not include the Ohio State or Indiana wins for Rutgers.

I would be very surprised if your team does not open at home, and with a victory, travels for the next round against one of the 16 seeded teams.

I also would not bet on Ohio State getting in at all...

edited to add that an RPI rating is what it is, and no team with an RPI of 51 deserves to host anything in my opinion. But Rutgers RPI is better than that now...

I think that RPI is a week old, and does not include the Ohio State or Indiana wins for Rutgers.

I would be very surprised if your team does not open at home, and with a victory, travels for the next round against one of the 16 seeded teams.

I also would not bet on Ohio State getting in at all...

edited to add that an RPI rating is what it is, and no team with an RPI of 51 deserves to host anything in my opinion. But Rutgers RPI is better than that now...

If the updated RPIs I saw are correct, the final RPI went

Indiana 19
Maryland 20
Ohio State 39
Rutgers 41

Also surprised to see Ohio State based on that

And we start with at Penn, potentially followed by #Syracuse

We draw Penn @ Penn. No home game. Winner to face #3 seed Syracuse.

Lame that the B1G tourney champ doesn't get to host.

Maryland in the same section as us too.

Reactions: Leonard23
I don't get Virginia with a #4 seed. 4 losses, including 1-6 vs Maryland...

So much about this bracket surprises me. I'm glad I said earlier that I'm not an expert...

Also not an expert. But from just a B1G perspective, it's strange that the regular season champs (UMD) have to host a first round game while IU (didn't win regular season or conference tournament) get a 13 seed and a bye to the second round.

Good that OSU got in and the conference gets 4 bids, but the respect seems to end with that.

Definitely a wedgie on that draw. Not much respect - should have a home game. Also, they seem care too much for making sure it’s a local game.

Also not an expert. But from just a B1G perspective, it's strange that the regular season champs (UMD) have to host a first round game while IU (didn't win regular season or conference tournament) get a 13 seed and a bye to the second round.

Good that OSU got in and the conference gets 4 bids, but the respect seems to end with that.
Or putting the B1G regular season champs and the B1G tournament champs in the same bloc...

Or putting the B1G regular season champs and the B1G tournament champs in the same bloc...
Agreed. Looking at the bracket, it feels they're more concerned with less travel for the early rounds. Geography seems to matter quite a bit.

The seeding and placement don't make sense. Basing it solely on RPI isn't right. You have to use some common sense and look at H2H. We won the B1G tourney by beating tOSU and IU, both of which we tied during the regular season, yet they're ahead of us? We should've been slotted ahead of both and gotten the #13 seed over IU or 1st round slot to play a double digit seed, like tOSU got.

Reactions: ajwsc1987
Hey, at least RU made the tournament:) … kind of justifies that RU would be on the outside if they lost.

Need to beat the best … beat Penn and then the number 3 seed.

Is there a replay of BIG men's soccer championship game. Went to game so forgot to tape.

Nothing on BIG + when I looked.

I recorded on Xfinity … it’s saved with the Suriano and Ashnault NCAA titles :)

ADVERTISEMENT