ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers president ‘embarrassed’ about Princeton cannon

is that there year the Home News published a picture of this with the Gun of one of the campus cops just lying on the field during the attempts to stop the students? (fell out of its holster)
No one tried to stop the students. There were just too many. Princeton had put a chain link fence on the visitors side of the stadium. That went down in about 2 seconds. I don't believe any of their campus police were armed.

No one tried to stop the students. There were just too many. Princeton had put a chain link fence on the visitors side of the stadium. That went down in about 2 seconds. I don't believe any of their campus police were armed.
oh, my bad. I am talking about the last time Princeton played at Rutgers. Got my years mixed up. I was a frosh in '77 and was at that game but I guess had just a wee bit too much to drink and don't remember the end.

I know. I was there. And by there I mean on the field helping drag the crossbar off.

I was there too - the fans took down BOTH sets of goalposts (they were wooden then) so when Princeton scored (and tied the game) at the end they couldn't kick an extra point on either side of the field..... They had to go for 2, and didn't make it....

I remember when Princeton students painted the knees of William the Silent when I was a student. The paint thing has been going on for a while, although I think that writing expletives on the tiger is crossing the line.

-Scarlet Jerry

I remember going down to Princeton the night before the last Princeton game.. which was held at Rutgers.. we went very late and other groups had already been through there. I refuse to say what we did or took.. but painting wasn't it... which is probably why the cops let us go on our way.. literally, we were not caught red-handed. Also got to rip goalposts at the last 2 games.. fun fun.

Barchi is such a total douch! Get this jerk away from my school!

I apologize for RU having a total loser as its President.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT