ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Rutgers pulls out of Feb. 6th quad meet

You (and a bunch of our fans) have unrealistic expectations and hold us to a higher, unattainable standard, while excusing everyone else.
mad dude you got a real f*%king piss-poor attitude. You think you're some know-it-all, wrestling historian and predictor. I bet your ass is never even stepped on the mat let alone college wrestling. Just shut up and stay positive.

• Haha
Reactions: Leonard23
mad dude you got a real f*%king piss-poor attitude. You think you're some know-it-all, wrestling historian and predictor. I bet your ass is never even stepped on the mat let alone college wrestling. Just shut up and stay positive.
At least he's not a fraud that has 3 different and probably more stories about himself on here...Hows your Sophomore year going?

I have a bad attitude for challenging people with ridiculous expectations and those that rip our program? LMAO, get lost. I'm one of the biggest defenders and supporters. You're an embarrassment. And you're wrong about my experience but nice try.

After some digging, if he's actually telling the truth, I'm guessing RUCrackers/RUCreedo/RUGrappler89 is Lee Getz based on these 2 posts (huge apologies to Lee if I'm wrong):
... and I won 2 rounds at NCAA"s

... wng,did you come with us too The East Strousburg tournament,when Freddie Goldbach,Tim Hennesey and Mike McHugh wrestled in it?

I liked that ESU tourney and always went there. Look the wrestling program is not perfect and can always accept constructive criticism. Being so close to it I still think Scott and the coaching staff do as good s job building the program as any in the program. They have elevated their recruiting base and their performance at the NCAAs whereby if we had Nick Suriano this year in our lineup, we had the potential for a team trophy at the NCAAs. Ok this won’t happen but as my Brooklyn Dodgers used to say, Wait till Next Year!

I liked that ESU tourney and always went there. Look the wrestling program is not perfect and can always accept constructive criticism. Being so close to it I still think Scott and the coaching staff do as good s job building the program as any in the program. They have elevated their recruiting base and their performance at the NCAAs whereby if we had Nick Suriano this year in our lineup, we had the potential for a team trophy at the NCAAs. Ok this won’t happen but as my Brooklyn Dodgers used to say, Wait till Next Year!

We really are the best 0-4 team in the country!!! Yet.... Just still almost found a way to be 3-1..... This program is moving in the right direction... Competitive in duals against top teams... And Individual talent that can place highly in March....

...wrestling program is not perfect and can always accept constructive criticism...

That's what I'd like to see. I'm not that close, so don't feel at all defensive about criticism. I think it's healthy. It is not healthy to shut down discussion, call names, or respond with vulgarities.

I have watched for many years and only recently started posting. I react when seeing the same things repeat year after year. It's correctable but someone has to step up and recognize what has to be done. This latest party issue is a symptom. It would suggest there is a lack of policy or lack of compliance. I don't think there's anything in between those two. Cell phone during a match?

How can the coach report pre-season that Aguilar, Grello, and Janzer are stronger wrestlers this year, then see them being the ones most disappointing? And I'm not "ripping" the program, I'm bringing up issues based on observation.

Those that say kids will be kids or somehow justify drug use or even point to another program's issues are just apologists. When I bring up concerns, I say why. When I get called names, I have to think I'm dealing with grown children. Look at Leonard's last response to me. I don't think he even realizes that he proved my point. And that's after I stuck up for him when someone said he was an idiot. I insisted he wasn't quite that stupid 🙂

That's what I'd like to see. I'm not that close, so don't feel at all defensive about criticism. I think it's healthy. It is not healthy to shut down discussion, call names, or respond with vulgarities.

I have watched for many years and only recently started posting. I react when seeing the same things repeat year after year. It's correctable but someone has to step up and recognize what has to be done. This latest party issue is a symptom. It would suggest there is a lack of policy or lack of compliance. I don't think there's anything in between those two. Cell phone during a match?

How can the coach report pre-season that Aguilar, Grello, and Janzer are stronger wrestlers this year, then see them being the ones most disappointing? And I'm not "ripping" the program, I'm bringing up issues based on observation.

Those that say kids will be kids or somehow justify drug use or even point to another program's issues are just apologists. When I bring up concerns, I say why. When I get called names, I have to think I'm dealing with grown children. Look at Leonard's last response to me. I don't think he even realizes that he proved my point. And that's after I stuck up for him when someone said he was an idiot. I insisted he wasn't quite that stupid 🙂
You are the biggest moron on here after Cracker but keep on playing games.

Reactions: ScarletGrapfan

For someone who wants to take the moral high ground constantly, you call out Leonard often unprovoked and insult him seemingly every day.

Message boards are good as they let us have an open and honest discussion. The are not enjoyable when we call out other posters. I don’t always agree with WNG and have said he is not always objective. The coach may even feed him messages to convey. But he accepts the opinions of others even when he disagrees.

We should be able to question the coach, his recruiting, the development of recruits, the SKWC, where are donations go, and all aspects of the program. We should praise the program when it does well and question it when it underperforms. That’s the nature of being a sports fan.

Whether or not the Gang of 6 contracted the virus is much less relevant than the irresponsible behavior of attending a party and potentially catching and spreading the virus.

Irresponsible given what's at stake? Yes, but remember these are college kids who are supposed to be having the greatest time of their lives. Now they are stuck and supposed to do nothing? They will find a way to get out and have some fun. Unless they have ankle bracelets with a 24 hour surveillance, security guard, they are gonna be college kids. How many of us here have gathered with others over the last year when we weren't supposed to due to covid restrictions? Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, today for the Super Bowl? It's gonna happen across all spectrums. If it's a habitual problem going undisciplined with the team, that's another issue.

Irresponsible given what's at stake? Yes, but remember these are college kids who are supposed to be having the greatest time of their lives. Now they are stuck and supposed to do nothing? They will find a way to get out and have some fun. Unless they have ankle bracelets with a 24 hour surveillance, security guard, they are gonna be college kids. How many of us here have gathered with others over the last year when we weren't supposed to due to covid restrictions? Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, today for the Super Bowl? It's gonna happen across all spectrums. If it's a habitual problem going undisciplined with the team, that's another issue.
Thank you for that. It's a great example of the excuses given whenever there's criticism.

For someone who wants to take the moral high ground constantly, you call out Leonard often unprovoked and insult him seemingly every day.
Anything that I've said has been in response to or the result of what Leonard has said directly to me. Given your great investigatory skills, can you show me where I responded with name-calling or profanity to his or anyone else's stated opinions? Excluding, of course, when their opinions were inappropriate attacks on me, but still without profanity.

When people are overly optimistic or have opinions that differ from mine, I either leave them alone or reply with my opinion and the reasons I differ. I do not call them names or fling profanities; it's childish. I can out Leonard because he has never responded to me with any intelligent argument. Has he ever debated with anyone without throwing a verbal tantrum?

Message boards are good as they let us have an open and honest discussion. The are not enjoyable when we call out other posters. I don’t always agree with WNG and have said he is not always objective. The coach may even feed him messages to convey. But he accepts the opinions of others even when he disagrees.

We should be able to question the coach, his recruiting, the development of recruits, the SKWC, where are donations go, and all aspects of the program. We should praise the program when it does well and question it when it underperforms. That’s the nature of being a sports fan.
Agreed, we should be able to discuss both sides, and I have no problem questioning things and do so myself, but too many people are overly critical of our program and quick to excuse others when they have similar instances/occurances. NJ would just rather eat its own and ignore the facts and history, and then some here are just trolling to get reactions. Here are some good examples: no one is all over Lehigh for Karam not panning out to be a multiple times AA or a national champ, or PSU (or ASU) for Busiello, or PSU and Iowa for Teasdale, or PSU for shutting down for 2.5 weeks due to COVID, or Iowa for COVID (now up to 2 or 3 starters and HC), or tOSU for Campo's issues and performance (but they'll attack Rutgers for it and it's Rutgers fault for not living up to his hype), or MN for Mason (but they'll attack Rutgers for it and it's Rutgers fault for not living up to his hype), and on and on. Every program is dealing with the same stuff, whether kids underperform, don't pan out, break rules, drugs, ignore coaches, etc., yet only our coaches are crucified like they have this major ongoing problem. It's a joke.

Last edited:
Thank you for that. It's a great example of the excuses given whenever there's criticism.

It's not excuses, its reality. You are entitled to your criticism. I have no issue with that. People are going to try and live their lives. People are sick of being pent up and want to experience life. College kids are a different breed because they think they know it all and are invinsible. When they act, they rarely do it thinking of the repercussions untill it bites them in the butt. Funny thing is people were blaming the party goers for the covid outbreak and it seems it wasnt even a party goer or anyone who attends parties.

Anything that I've said has been in response to or the result of what Leonard has said directly to me. Given your great investigatory skills, can you show me where I responded with name-calling or profanity to his or anyone else's stated opinions? Excluding, of course, when their opinions were inappropriate attacks on me, but still without profanity.

When people are overly optimistic or have opinions that differ from mine, I either leave them alone or reply with my opinion and the reasons I differ. I do not call them names or fling profanities; it's childish. I can out Leonard because he has never responded to me with any intelligent argument. Has he ever debated with anyone without throwing a verbal tantrum?
My man you’ve referred to him as Mother Leonard on multiple occasions, and again at times its been unsolicited.
You don’t have to agree with this opinions or even like him if you don’t want to, but I’m just pointing out that it’s hypocritical for you to call him childish for name calling.

For context, heres the most recent example of you taking baiting him unprovoked:
https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/rutgers-pulls-out-of-feb-6th-quad-meet.211089/post-4944821

Last edited:
I have a bad attitude for challenging people with ridiculous expectations and those that rip our program? LMAO, get lost. I'm one of the biggest defenders and supporters. You're an embarrassment. And you're wrong about my experience but nice try.

After some digging, if he's actually telling the truth, I'm guessing RUCrackers/RUCreedo/RUGrappler89 is Lee Getz based on these 2 posts (huge apologies to Lee if I'm wrong):

Not Lee Getz and we have been through that before...Just a shame this guy just keeps lying and will make other RU Alumni Wrestlers look bad..Hopefully he can tell us how his Sophomore Year is going..Just crazy but guy has some serious issues..Hopefully he can get his act together

Not Lee Getz and we have been through that before...Just a shame this guy just keeps lying and will make other RU Alumni Wrestlers look bad..Hopefully he can tell us how his Sophomore Year is going..Just crazy but guy has some serious issues..Hopefully he can get his act together
That's good it's not Getz. I don't remember seeing guesses before. Whoever it is, just needs to get it together.

Agreed, we should be able to discuss both sides, and I have no problem questioning things and do so myself, but too many people are overly critical of our program and quick to excuse others when they have similar instances/occurances. NJ would just rather eat its own and ignore the facts and history, and then some here are just trolling to get reactions.

Leonard - I think it is common that most fans complain. I just checked the Lehigh board after Rider beat Lehigh today. This is what I saw.I saw

As we say in pheasant hunting, there is no hunt in some dogs. Lehigh has a soft team. Coach needs a morale booster like a 50 mile forced march with a full pack. Weed out the real from the pretenders.

Wood, 5 years, still overweight, unconditioned and no improvement in flexibility. There are now at least 10 in NCAA or Senior level who can beat him because he can't go an entire match.

The weekend was pitiful and that is on coaches not having this team prepared. Iowa and Okie State aren't using this as a rest year. Lehigh running piss poor from Simon on down. Time to get rid of Stretch and a host of others in a bloated lazy administration.

Also just saw on facebook that a Rutgers coach has COVID. The post didn't say if that was the cause of the shutdown

In Sunday action, Rider over Lehigh 17-15. Laird over Wood in last bout at hwt. $$$$

Leonard - I think it is common that most fans complain. I just checked the Lehigh board after Rider beat Lehigh today. This is what I saw.I saw

As we say in pheasant hunting, there is no hunt in some dogs. Lehigh has a soft team. Coach needs a morale booster like a 50 mile forced march with a full pack. Weed out the real from the pretenders.

Wood, 5 years, still overweight, unconditioned and no improvement in flexibility. There are now at least 10 in NCAA or Senior level who can beat him because he can't go an entire match.

The weekend was pitiful and that is on coaches not having this team prepared. Iowa and Okie State aren't using this as a rest year. Lehigh running piss poor from Simon on down. Time to get rid of Stretch and a host of others in a bloated lazy administration.

Also just saw on facebook that a Rutgers coach has COVID. The post didn't say if that was the cause of the shutdown
So we’re not special after all, huh who would have thought.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT