ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers punter Michael Hartshorn announces he will be leaving the program

Competition is a tough thing for some. Not sure Hartshorn was going to be the punter as we have a kid from Ireland and another Australian punter named Anderson . . We will be fine….

Scullion from Ireland has 3 years eligibility and will handle kickoffs.Patel EP’s and FG’s. Anderson will handle punts.

Reactions: thegock
I see that tuition for Lackawanna College is on the order of 17K. Pretty soon it won't be worth getting a college degree if one has to pay out of pocket for tuition and fees, especially if one plans to major in something like sociology.

I see that tuition for Lackawanna College is on the order of 17K. Pretty soon it won't be worth getting a college degree if one has to pay out of pocket for tuition and fees, especially if one plans to major in something like sociology.
17K? That's nothing compared to what a lot of private schools charge. U.S. News says the average for private schools is $43,000., Rutgers itself costs $13,000, and when you compare its $3500 in fees with Lackawanna's $1000, there's not much difference.

17K? That's nothing compared to what a lot of private schools charge. U.S. News says the average for private schools is $43,000., Rutgers itself costs $13,000, and when you compare its $3500 in fees with Lackawanna's $1000, there's not much difference.
That's a lot of dough. Taking 5 years, that's $216,000.00.

In addition Michael Hartshorn has to do what is best for Mike. I wish him well at his next stop on the college scene. One level down or FCS could help him pay for school.

Reactions: mildone
Is it a four year college?
A google search came up with this:
>Lackawanna College is a private, two-year college with a mission of providing opportunity for everyone through higher education degree programs and continuing education courses. The main campus complex is located in downtown Scranton with satellite centers in Honesdale, Hazleton, Towanda and New Milford.<
also found this( google):
Is Lackawanna College hard to get into?
>It is a small institution with an enrollment of 1,382 undergraduate students. The Lackawanna acceptance rate is 100%. Popular majors include Business, Liberal Arts and Humanities, and Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration.<
and this:
>Graduates of Lackawanna College are regularly accepted for transfer into four-year colleges and universities when they meet the requirements.<

>Lackawanna College is a private, two-year college with a mission of providing opportunity for everyone through higher education degree programs and continuing education courses. The main campus complex is located in downtown Scranton with satellite centers in Honesdale, Hazleton, Towanda and New Milford.<
>It is a small institution with an enrollment of 1,382 undergraduate students. The Lackawanna acceptance rate is 100%. Popular majors include Business, Liberal Arts and Humanities, and Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration.<
and this:
>Graduates of Lackawanna College are regularly accepted for transfer into four-year colleges and universities when they meet the requirements.<
Well that means even you could flourish and graduate with a college diploma

Just trying to get you to laugh MADHAT1. No harm intended . Lackawanna had always been a JC and I believe it still is. For many younger kids today college is not for everyone. Plenty of professions which are in dire need of trained / skilled people.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
Now you know why I have the gentleman on "ignore." Good catch to figure out Lackawanna is a two-year school -- I guess he's hoping to lay the foundation to transfer to a four-year school after the season is done.

If he sees this as showcase and a chance start for a year it makes sense if he saw himself buried on the bench at Rutgers.

If he sees this as showcase and a chance start for a year it makes sense if he saw himself buried on the bench at Rutgers.
That's what (QB ) Michael Dare did at the end of the 2016 season
Left Rutgers for Lackawanna then on to Sam Houston State

Terrence Harris (DL) transferred from Iowa to Lackawanna then came to Rutgers in 2017

Last edited:
and this:
That makes the transfer make more sense. He will get to show his skills and build a portfolio which he can use to transfer to a school needing a good punter. I did assume it was a 4 year school because he has 3 years of eligibility.

Reactions: MADHAT1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT