ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers to play Michigan State at MSG in 2021 as part of Super Saturday

I hated this originally when we did it against Wisconsin but after attending the game I changed my mind. As long as the games continue to be on Saturdays I think I’m okay with it. And with RU in both events (wrestling and hoops) I think it helps.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Also Rutgers vs. Penn State wrestling at the Garden. This is turning into an annual event for us.

Should be a good crowd for this one with RU-PSU wrestling on the bill too.

I’d prefer for the home game to be at the Rac but we’re in no position to be arguing. Lol

Reactions: RUJMM78
The big question is will it be single-admission event like it will be with Michigan in January.

If i recall, when RU played WIsconsin that was a separate ticket from the hockey game later that night.

I prefer not to give up a home game. But since we don't give up the home game this year, I can't really complain about giving it up next year. But I don't think I'd be happy with a trend in which Rutgers is always one of the teams at MSG and we give up a home game every other year.

Reactions: kcg88
I prefer not to give up a home game. But since we don't give up the home game this year, I can't really complain about giving it up next year. But I don't think I'd be happy with a trend in which Rutgers is always one of the teams at MSG and we give up a home game every other year.

Should be rotated where everyone gets joy of playing there lol

Although I can see us being a staple there for ticket sales.

Northwestern vs Nebraska there will not sell...

Should be rotated where everyone gets joy of playing there lol

Although I can see us being a staple there for ticket sales.

Northwestern vs Nebraska there will not sell...
If we are there every year, then we should only have to give up a home game once every 7 years. If the league rotated all 14 schools through the series, we would give up a home game once every 14 years, so once every 7 years is already twice as often.

As far as ticket sales, if we are there every year, I think the novelty will have worn off for Rutgers fans, and we would be less reliable for ticket sales.

Reactions: kcg88 and Tango Two
We were only part of the basketball portion of the doubleheader last time and it took a late FG by Wisconsin to send it and then beat us in OT. I would expect a good RU turnout with RU in both parts of the doubleheader especially with a basketball team much improved over the one that faced Wisconsin.

Most importantly, 2021 is the year for the dance. Thus playing this game against a highly reputable and good team is much more beneficial for us having the game at the Rac for resume purposes should we win. Though a neutral court sight win may be just as beneficial if not more if we win however much more difficult to win.

A lot more of my NYC friends are getting RAC passes and seasons tickets. With continued improvement Rutgers will dominate MSG attendance.

We need to Circle our calandar and fill the garden every year and make this an annual event for the big ten to schedule for us

Reactions: ScarletDave
As others posted, we had a good turnout for Wisconsin and should have won if we hit our damn free throws. If we continue to improve and play up to expectations, we’ll have good crowds there.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
I hate the idea of football having to play in MetLife or Yankee stadium and hope we never do again BUT the idea of RU men’s b-ball in MSG in a big time game? Sign me up anytime !! The Mecca of basketball. No reason we can’t turn MSG into the RAC for these games

I hate the idea of football having to play in MetLife or Yankee stadium and hope we never do again BUT the idea of RU men’s b-ball in MSG in a big time game? Sign me up anytime !! The Mecca of basketball. No reason we can’t turn MSG into the RAC for these games

Anyone who remembers the NJT trains loaded with fans on the way to the NIT will tell you that MSG is special.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT