ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Maryland / Game Thread

It works to the coach's advantage that the backup QB fails. Then they can say "See? We picked the right guy after all".

Reactions: zebnatto
anybody notice how all of our WRs are always triple covered?? Hows that even possible?

Art is so badly staring down his receivers, that the DBs have time to converge. Kid has tunnel vision and does not seem to see the field well.

But, based on the math alone, shouldn't a triple-covered receiver mean somebody else is open somewhere?
It’s really a good question. But somehow on more plays than not, our receivers are blanketed because a team only has to pass rush 4 and our Oline is overwhelmed.

No, it's called the QB locking onto a receiver from the time of the snap to the time he throws the ball. Anyone on defense can see this and jump the routes. Try learning a little bit about football first before you make silly statements

The comment was regarding all the WRs being constantly triple covered.
Its because the OC doesnt utilize space. He packs everyone into the same area.
Or he has all the WRs just run straight down the field and meander about.

Locking onto the first option and making it easy for an INT is a separate, but also frequent, problem. Our WRs could all be in single coverage but if the throw is obvious, it will be defended.

I guess Maryland isn't going to get any more points. They like coach Ash's coaching more than we do.

Reactions: ru1869

Locking onto the first option and making it easy for an INT is a separate, but also frequent, problem. Our WRs could all be in single coverage but if the throw is obvious, it will be defended.
I can take the time to explain football to you, but I'm not going to waste my knowledge of the game on Rutgers right now. It's more to it than what you saying.

Reactions: SouthJerseyRU
It's definitely on the qbs to make a few plays inspite of us not doing anything to help, but our receivers have to come back to the ball too. Granted they have 3 or 4 guys around them as they turn around (TE), but if you come back to the pass it might result in a PI on the defense.
If we can do it wrong, we will continue to do it wrong.

I guess Maryland isn't going to get any more points. They like coach Ash's coaching more than we do.
Why would you embarrass your buddy out there? You dominated them on the field, you dominated them on the scoreboard. You just hope your buddy hangs on to his job so you can do this every year.

So the announcers just said something about Maryland not having shut anyone out since they joined the B1G. Or, something similar. But of course, they'll do that against us.

I would just like, for once, to ruin something like that. We always have to be someone else's record-breaking performance. And I'm sick and tired of that. Can we please march down the field and at least kick a field goal?

UPDATE: We scored!! TD with 43 seconds left in the game.

This is how bad things have gotten. I actually consider this to be a win for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: RU_kidding_me
Snead went from being the first player being "knighted" to being 4th on the depth chart.

Just shows you how silly and dopey Chris Ash is.

Reactions: ru1869
So the announcers just said something about Maryland not having shut anyone out since they joined the B1G. Or, something similar. But of course, they'll do that against us.

I would just like, for once, to ruin something like that. We always have to be someone else's record-breaking performance. And I'm sick and tired of that. Can we please march down the field and at least kick a field goal?
tenor.gif

Can't wait for Ash to praise his team on that meaningless drive where Maryland didn't try to do anything defensively.

So, as we all pretty much know, we have way more problems than solutions. smh. We need help in the worst way.

Reactions: Knightmoves
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT