ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Nebraska / Game Thread

Nor are we. But we are much better than last year is my point.
Much better than last year--absolutely. To be fair, it would be hard to be worse. But this game is troubling as it was ripe for the taking. Nebraska is a bad team and we blew it. Their coach will be gone by the end of the year.

That's my point. And next year we will be "much better" again. And be even more competitive.

Anyone who thought this was a 2 year fix is out of their minds.

the reason why the reason why we're better than last year's because we actually have an offense of coordinator that knows what he's doing. We still are not a good team and it looks like Nebraska is content to just let the clock wine down just by running the ball

This team is much improved but unless the safe philosophy changes our ceiling will be fairly low. Safe works a lot when you have superior talent but there are MANY programs in our conference that will ALWAYS have superior talent to us. We will never beat those teams unless we develop a risk taking mentality as a fundamental part of our style. This is not the Big East.
Still waiting for that 1st misdirection or trick play. Maybe in week 5.

We are still the cure to anyone's ailments. A down team in disarray just schedule Rutgers. O and the blow job fest for Nebraska from this BTN crew is getting ridiculous.

I forgot to fire the announcers.

So that's Ash + Kill + BTN game announcers = FIRED

Did Ash get a Gatorade bath last week? I feel bad because if not, he'll never ever get one. He'll be gone after a 1-11 season and no one will hire him as a head coach again.

Reactions: RUaMoose
what we what we saw today was not a talent issue. This team is poorly coached. I'm surprised at how bad Nebraska really is

It is a talent issue. Rutgers is forced to play a lot of guys who have no business being on the field. You cant hide this many untalented players.

Reactions: Jim_from_RU
Winnable game but shows Ash is lacking and looking more and more like not the answer. How many more punt returns for TDs that absolutely kill us? Playing to keep it close rather than the win? Sure looks it.

Excited to see how this group of guys develops, but in the meantime . . .

1) Punt there = "let's lose by less." Not what I wanted to see.

2) What did anyone see in Bolin that would have said he was the guy for a comeback. He had a good first 5 minutes of the game, then absolutely nothing. I would rather see Lewis the entire 2nd half. Enough pussy-footing around. Just put him in. Other schools do.

Reactions: redking
Only positive in the closing minutes here are That i don't have to listen to this AWFUL BTN TV crew. I would rather hear Beth Mowens, yeah, I said it!!

This is not on Jerry Kill, it's on Ash for not asking him why we abandoned what was working in the 1st half. Incompetents!!!

We are still the cure to anyone's ailments. A down team in disarray just schedule Rutgers. O and the blow job fest for Nebraska from this BTN crew is getting ridiculous.
Yep. Nebraska will feel like world beaters and a good team will bring them back to earth. Wish that team was us but oh well. Ash plays to keep it close...playing to win is another story.

Reactions: RUaMoose
I've understood playing Bolin to manage the game but your game manager can't turn the ball over. It's time for a lot more Lewis.

Reactions: redking
Well we're looking at at least another 2-3 years of this. The product on the field isn't getting any better from last year so the recruiting certainly isn't going to. This class already looks to be worse than last and after two seasons of 2-10 (or worse) I doubt 2019 will be a top-35 class.

So where does that leave us? Waiting until we can afford to buy out Ash and start the process over again.

Well we're looking at at least another 2-3 years of this. The product on the field isn't getting any better from last year so the recruiting certainly isn't going to. This class already looks to be worse than last and after two seasons of 2-10 (or worse) I doubt 2019 will be a top-35 class.

So where does that leave us? Waiting until we can afford to buy out Ash and start the process over again.

Lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT