ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Nebraska / Game Thread

Kiss was solid tonight. Do that most of the time and it is a different team.

Kiss was solid in early B1G play, then he had his minutes cut for reasons unknown and Issa had most if not all his minutes some game. Was a head scratcher. They are both liabilities on defense but Kiss atleast brings something to the O

Great win. Mathis so critical fighting for loose balls and causing havoc and scoring inside. Great game from Myles and great heart from Gene.

Reactions: dkostus
Lots of contributions tonight. RAC is becoming a hard place to come into and win. We are inconsistent but when we put it together we are tough. Going in the right direction. Go RU

2nd half to do list:

1. Take care of the freaking ball. I’ve never seen such carelessness with the ball. 13 TOs in 20 minutes is absolutely disgusting
2. Clamp down on Copeland. He killed us at the RAC last year too.
3. Feed the post, especially Myles. Nebraska doesn’t really have much size inside.
4. Can somebody, anybody, actually get hot from three? I’m so sick of seeing 4-18 stat lines on 3-point FGs.

Ahem:

1. Only 2 TOs in 2nd half. Check.
2. Copeland with only 2 points in 2nd half. Check.
3. Myles with 13 points, Gene with 8 points. Check.
4. Geo got hot in 2nd half with 13 points. Check.

Boom!

Looking at the replay Roby definitely traveled on his otherwise slick hustle play that led to a 3

We're probably laying an egg at PSU btw

I hope pike and the team learned tonight. Its not a 1 or 2 man team. We have some players and those are the young guys getting better and better.

Btw...great win and comeback, played hard.

Reactions: JQRU91
We're probably laying an egg at PSU btw
That's the spirit..
zfRnCwj.jpg

Kiss far better than Harper. Won with Kiss in the game.

Crispin very good. Network or ESPN gonna grab him.

Reactions: ScarletDave
Was the score 76-67 or 76-69? I have seen both scores and I don't remember Nebraska scoring at all after the Johnson and 1.

Reactions: ScarletDave
Great win. Mathis so critical fighting for loose balls and causing havoc and scoring inside. Great game from Myles and great heart from Gene.

He’s gotta get better on the line. If he is going to be big time needs to shoot more than 75%. He will get a lot of opportunities

Wow! Where did that come from? So happy for the team. Lots of contributions from different players but going inside in the second half was the key.

Reactions: dkostus
Eugene makes everyone tougher. Johnson played great. Montez was an animal.

Two big men that can score around the basket is a pleasure.

Very big difference when Neb couldn't hit the 3's in the last minute and we rebounded. Forced them to foul us and we made a few and they didn't score. We played better tonight and did things that good teams do to win. Many times we play hard, but that isn't always enough. Still have to put the ball in the basket. Tonight we did and looked good doing it. No reason that Johnson can't play that way most of the time unless he has foul problems.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT