ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Ohio State - Prediction Thread

Man, we won't be able to run or get to the QB. They will blow open holes for their RBs. I fear it will be terribly lopsided.

Reactions: Zamaneta
OSU 48
RU 17

Would be happy with a 48-21 final. I think we’ll have trouble stopping them even though their offense doesn’t look as powerful as previous years. The issue is we’ll be lucky to gain 100 yards on the ground, which means a reliance on the passing game, which means 3 and outs and more OSU possessions. NEED to get first downs to keep OSU off the board.

I hope RU keeps this interesting well into the 2nd half, but I don’t think RU will be able to do much offensively:

OSU: 34

Rutgers: 13

35/13 OSU. Close at half but OSU pulls away In the 3rd and 4th.

Man, we won't be able to run or get to the QB. They will blow open holes for their RBs. I fear it will be terribly lopsided.
but to also address your statement- what metric are you using for this statement
We have 17 sacks to their 16 and our OL has only given up 7 to their 16. And while we give up more rushing yards- 120 per game to 100- have they faced KM yet?

I expect them to beat us by 2 scores but your specific points are not going to be the reason why.

I’m cautiously optimistic our Defense shows up, but not real sure our running game will break thru their DLine.

So, that said, let’s hope it’s close
OSU 30
RU 17

I’m cautiously optimistic our Defense shows up, but not real sure our running game will break thru their DLine.

OSU 30
RU 17
Have they played another team yet that has a QB that runs like GW? I don't think they have. That may help us out in the running game. I also hope we are within a score at halftime so we can come out in the 2nd half and continue a ground and pound game where KM gets stronger at the end of the game.
My biggest fear would be down by 3 scores at half and we have to give up running the ball.

OSU 30
RU 17
Kirk Ciarocca has been around awhile, I am hoping he pulls out "all the stops" and unleashes this offense to something that OSU has not seen from Rutgers. Lets Go RU!

Kirk Ciarocca has been around awhile, I am hoping he pulls out "all the stops" and unleashes this offense to something that OSU has not seen from Rutgers. Lets Go RU!
Kirk's Minnesota Offense (but with Tanner Morgan and Mo Ibrahmi) put up 31 points on Ohio State in 2021, but they had a very good, but not great defense.
In 2020 (covid year), his PSU offense put up 25 points.

But this year, their offense is quite stout. The most points they have given up is to Maryland 17 and then Notre Dame 14.

Reactions: cRURah
Have they played another team yet that has a QB that runs like GW? I don't think they have. That may help us out in the running game. I also hope we are within a score at halftime so we can come out in the 2nd half and continue a ground and pound game where KM gets stronger at the end of the game.
My biggest fear would be down by 3 scores at half and we have to give up running the ball.
I don't recall whether NDs QB was mobile.

OSU 31 Rutgers 10

Ohio State has never scored less than 49 against us in 9 games. This is the best Rutgers team to face them since our 1st B1G season, but that's not saying much. We still struggle on offense as OSU can stuff the box and force us to throw, which we have shown we can't do. Close at the start, but OSU pulls away at the end. No shame though, they're #1 and we have already accomplished much this year.

OSU 49, Rutgers 10

I predict OSU starts slowly and sleepwalks through the first quarter and a half…but they’re able to get a TD late in the 2nd quarter and go into halftime down 9-7 to Rutgers.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
but to also address your statement- what metric are you using for this statement
We have 17 sacks to their 16 and our OL has only given up 7 to their 16. And while we give up more rushing yards- 120 per game to 100- have they faced KM yet?

I expect them to beat us by 2 scores but your specific points are not going to be the reason why.
Good points, but they have also played ND & PSU...We have played nothing close to those two teams

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT