ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Ohio State - Prediction Thread

but to also address your statement- what metric are you using for this statement
We have 17 sacks to their 16 and our OL has only given up 7 to their 16. And while we give up more rushing yards- 120 per game to 100- have they faced KM yet?

I expect them to beat us by 2 scores but your specific points are not going to be the reason why.
And Gavin has been sacked 7 times (3 against MSU, 0 against Michigan, and only 1 each against Indiana and Wisconsin).
Mccord has been sacked 13 times: (4 against Wisconsin, 3 against Maryland, and 2 each against PSU and Purdue- actually it seems like their sack total is going up).

tOSU got 2 sacks on Wisconsin and 0 on Indiana
Rutgers got 2 sacks on Wisconsin and 0 on Indiana

One of our best opportunities is to pressure McCord and hopefully he makes mistakes.

Outside of PSU, we are most likely the toughest defense they will be playing up to date. Not sure of the 40-50 point OSU predictions. Yes, could happen but why would our own fans with a top 10 defense have reason to think they will have their easiest game?

RU is not balanced enough to keep it close for 4 quarters. The defense can keep OSU in check somewhat. So I am looking at a 28 to 7 game with OSU scoring late to cover.

Almost 20% chance of winning? Have we ever been even the same time zone with this percentage?
I remember seeing somewhere that our average margin of defeat to OSU is 41 points. No one thinks that will happen Saturday. Not making a prediction but we actually have a chance this time.
That guy has analytics on many games. UConn has a 6% chance to beat Tenn.
For last night he had Toledo 26 Buffalo 15, and final was 31-13 Toledo.
He whiffed on NIU (72% chance to win) over CMU (no connor Stalions!), with CMU winning 37-31.
Last week for B1G:
Minn 21 MSU 14 (Actual 27-12)
Nebraska 20 Purdue 17 (Actual 31-14)

RU is not balanced enough to keep it close for 4 quarters. The defense can keep OSU in check somewhat. So I am looking at a 28 to 7 game with OSU scoring late to cover.
if we can be unbalance and find a way to 250+ on the ground- i would take it. just saying

Rutgers Scarlet Knights 92

Ohio State Buckeyes 3

As always, I reserve the right to modify my prediction as we get closer to game time.

Reactions: Knight Shift
It's obvious but the game will be won / lost on whether we can have sustained drives on offense to help run out the clock and limit their offensive opportunities. We go mostly 3 and out and it will not be pretty.

That would certainly work, but very tough to do against a very good defense.
If 250 yards on the ground does happens then this becomes a toss up game.
Two fiddy? I do think Rutgers could rush for 150 if Gavin runs often (including scrambles).
Strong can’t afford to miss any catches because he is the only physical mismatch (due to his size) that Rutgers has at WR or TE.

Very tough defense for OSU. Difficult for any team to get to double figures against them. I sure wish Powell was still available.

I'm thinking a similar score to the cheating bastards of Michigan game. 27-10 for the Buckeyes.

Two fiddy? I do think Rutgers could rush for 150 if Gavin runs often (including scrambles).
Strong can’t afford to miss any catches because he is the only physical mismatch (due to his size) that Rutgers has at WR or TE.
I was kidding with a prior post about 1 dimensional - we get 150+ we have a shot, as it also means we either broke a big run or two or we were able to be successful and the score is close.

It's funny- I had thought the same thing about Strong and size but Jackson is 6ft 2 Washington is 6ft3 like strong. WR size is not an issue

The issue is that they are all number 2 type guys. We do not have a Britt/Carroo/Sanu not sure if they are Underwood, Melton or Brown either

In RU’s 2 losses this year (Mich/Wisc), they have been held to under 100 yds rushing. I think if they are going to keep this competitive, they will have to find a way to rush for about 150 - 175 yds and not turn the ball over. They have to win the turnover margin. GW needs to play really well.

In RU’s 2 losses this year (Mich/Wisc), they have been held to under 100 yds rushing. I think if they are going to keep this competitive, they will have to find a way to rush for about 150 - 175 yds and not turn the ball over. They have to win the turnover margin. GW needs to play really well.
I'm not sure if the right term is being held under- both games dictated we need to stop trying to run. And, in the Michigan game- that 30+ yd run puts us over 100

Final scores in this 9-game series are UGLY. OSU has scored at least 49 points in every game. The halftime score has never been close.

During every game, regardless of the opponent, I'm always hopeful until it's apparent I no longer should be. I hope RU can remain within two TDs at the half so there won't be a mass exodus before the third quarter commences.

With that said, I think RU will finally hold the Buckeyes below 49, but that will be one of the few positives for the Scarlet Knights.

OSU 41, RU 10

https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/football/opponent-history/rutgers/9

I predict an Ill advised trick play.

< 200 yards total offense.

OSU 38 RU 10

Outside of PSU, we are most likely the toughest defense they will be playing up to date. Not sure of the 40-50 point OSU predictions. Yes, could happen but why would our own fans with a top 10 defense have reason to think they will have their easiest game?
If we don’t move the ball on O our D will be wiped in the 2nd half

No one has moved the ball on them and what has been their highest score?

The times I saw them play. Call me crazy or Rutgers Al. I don’t think they are great. Good, not great especially on offense.

Going with Rutgers 24. Free tattoo school 21

RU 27 Ohio State 24
Defense comes up with a big turnover that results in a TD.
Offense runs the clock down in their final drive in the 4th Quarter for the winning TD.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT