Rutgers vs Ohio State - Prediction Thread

Versus P5 competition

Indiana - 23
Notre Dame - 17
Maryland - 37
Purdue - 41
PSU - 20
Wisky - 24
This is why I shake my head on the 40+ for them by so many.
They do get all their starters back but our defense is better than all but PSU on this list.
Of course, it could happen but most likely the winning team is under 30 points.

Ohio State 27

Rutgers 10
Ohio State 37-10

Pessimistic because our pass rush has been virtually non existent
Couple that with their secondary, but very good receiver, returns tomorrow

If RU can pressure the qb, this becomes a different story, but I would figure more of the same, play tough early, and slowly fade

This is why I shake my head on the 40+ for them by so many.
They do get all their starters back but our defense is better than all but PSU on this list.
Of course, it could happen but most likely the winning team is under 30 points.
I would probably say that Notre Dame's defense is really good.
With that being said, my Bucks are not scoring 40+. People need to remember that the change in clock rules has cut down on possessions and points. I also don't think Rutgers will score in the 20's so I would probably go tOSU 31 - RU 13. As a Buckeye, I am hoping to see more progress on offense now that we are getting our players back healthy.

Oh and Meatchicken cheats

Ohio State 37-10

Pessimistic because our pass rush has been virtually non existent
Couple that with their secondary, but very good receiver, returns tomorrow

If RU can pressure the qb, this becomes a different story, but I would figure more of the same, play tough early, and slowly fade
sssshhhhhh we have more sacks than OSU and we are number 1 for least sacks given up...just saying

Our pass rush had not been good
but why bring it up for this game when it has been better getting sacks the OSU has been. And...OSU is usually ahead so the other team is passing.
Sometimes- we need to not make everything a negative. Just saw recently that as much as we feel Lewis is not performing as well as expected, he is the number 1 player on DL with QB pressures.

but why bring it up for this game when it has been better getting sacks the OSU has been. And...OSU is usually ahead so the other team is passing.
Sometimes- we need to not make everything a negative. Just saw recently that as much as we feel Lewis is not performing as well as expected, he is the number 1 player on DL with QB pressures.
I think the key to keeping OSU from scoring 40 is to get to the qb, and not let him throw to his two great receivers all day

It is not a matter of comparing our pass rush to theirs so far, its a matter of not letting them torch us downfield with chunk plays

I am hopeful we can blitz them without paying the price, but it will be tough
I will be there and hopeful

I think the key to keeping OSU from scoring 40 is to get to the qb, and not let him throw to his two great receivers all day

It is not a matter of comparing our pass rush to theirs so far, its a matter of not letting them torch us downfield with chunk plays

I am hopeful we can blitz them without paying the price, but it will be tough
I will be there and hopeful
agree but different then the point I addressed.

Our pass rush has been better than theirs and they have been facing teams that have been forced to give up on the run in the 2nd half.

Halftime: Rutgers 10 - Ohio State 7

Final: Ohio State 35 - Rutgers 17
Not happy to be right, but damn this was close... Rutgers put up a hell of a fight. So proud of the team.

Gotta work on goal to go offense, that was the difference today.

Bring on Iowa!

Not happy to be right, but damn this was close... Rutgers put up a hell of a fight. So proud of the team.

Gotta work on goal to go offense, that was the difference today.

Bring on Iowa!
If Henderson stays healthy he’s going to be a great NFL back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT