ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Women’s Golf Set for Tulane Classic

After having the 5th worst score in the 1st round and 3rd worst in the 2nd, Rutgers (+68) goes into today's final round in 15th place out of 17. 6 of their 10 rounds have been 80 or higher with one 94. Not good. With the high scores by a number of teams overall (10 are +50 or higher) I wondered if there's been weather issues. Apparently it's been chilly and most importantly, pretty windy. Ah Spring golf.

Leigha Devine currently leads RU at +9, good for T14. Rikke Nordvik is at +13. good for T32.

North Texas leads at +8 and is the only team anywhere near Par. Currently they have 3 golfers tied for 1st.

#10 Michigan leads the 4 B1G teams participating at +31, 23 strokes behind.

After having the 5th worst score in the 1st round and 3rd worst in the 2nd, Rutgers (+68) goes into today's final round in 15th place out of 17. 6 of their 10 rounds have been 80 or higher with one 94. Not good. With the high scores by a number of teams overall (10 are +50 or higher) I wondered if there's been weather issues. Apparently it's been chilly and most importantly, pretty windy. Ah Spring golf.

Leigha Devine currently leads RU at +9, good for T14. Rikke Nordvik is at +13. good for T32.

North Texas leads at +8 and is the only team anywhere near Par. Currently they have 3 golfers tied for 1st.

#10 Michigan leads the 4 B1G teams participating at +31, 23 strokes behind.

With temperatures in the low to mid-40s and wind gusts up to 20-miles-per-hour, the Scarlet Knights are 12th in the 17-team field.

"Conditions were challenging today on a difficult golf course," said head coach Kari Williams. "The wind tested our team in every aspect of their games. Rikke and Leigha did well managing their play around the course. We need to come out tomorrow ready to perform better."

"The wind and cold were tough for us, but we all learned a lot about our games today.

With temperatures in the low to mid-40s and wind gusts up to 20-miles-per-hour, the Scarlet Knights are 12th in the 17-team field.

"Conditions were challenging today on a difficult golf course," said head coach Kari Williams. "The wind tested our team in every aspect of their games. Rikke and Leigha did well managing their play around the course. We need to come out tomorrow ready to perform better."

"The wind and cold were tough for us, but we all learned a lot about our games today.
Yeah, that they need work lol. They did start today 15th and have currently moved up a couple spots at the moment.

Sorry TT. For some reason I thought this tourney was this coming weekend.

Rutgers finished T14 with Tulane's "B" team, a mere 69 strokes behind the winner North Texas.

Leigha Devine and Rikke Nordvik tied for 17th at +15. Nordvik shot a final round 74 (+2), passing 17 other competitors to finish in the Top 20. No other RU golfer finished higher than T68.

#10 Michigan finished 2nd
Nebraska 11th
Iowa 13th

BC finished 7th.

Rutgers finished T14 with Tulane's "B" team, a mere 69 strokes behind the winner North Texas.

Leigha Devine and Rikke Nordvik tied for 17th at +15. Nordvik shot a final round 74 (+2), passing 17 other competitors to finish in the Top 20. No other RU golfer finished higher than T68.

#10 Michigan finished 2nd
Nebraska 11th
Iowa 13th

BC finished 7th.
Yep...said it before, I'll say it again. Hobbs needs to move on from this coach and upgrade in the offseason.

Yep...said it before, I'll say it again. Hobbs needs to move on from this coach and upgrade in the offseason.
The team has been built on transfers and European players. Now that's not at all unusual in Women's Golf. A number of very successful teams have done it the same way but whatever the formula, it just doesn't appear to be working at RU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT