ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Women’s Soccer Sunday, Nov. 7 host Michigan for the BigTen title game! Kickoff is set for 2 PM live BTN

Let’s go RU!!!!!!!’

Wish there was more time between the FH and WSoccer finals.

Admitedly I don't really watch too much soccer but Michigan looking objectively better.

They look terrible so far. Bad passing, bad decisions, bad possession

This is what I'm talking about with HC O'Neill. So far Michigan is living on our side of the field and I don't see ANY pressure put on their defense. Where is our offense? Why aren't they pressuring THEIR defense? This is how he has played for years. He plays not to lose. How about we play to win here?

Michigan has camped out in our zone so far all game.

This is exactly how we played against Iowa. We let THEM dictate until we finally broke through for the 1st goal them loosened up. Playing VERY tight again.

Reactions: HPNJRUfan
Still lots of time left … but the ladies haven’t looked good this tourney

No sense of urgency, lazy passing in front of our own goal...

Also not getting the benefit of the whistle so far, and these announcers are kinda brutal... F Michigan, that is all.

Someone said they looked tired??????? BS!!!! This is the championship game. There is NO EXCUSE for that. You don't think Michigan is also unde some strain? But they look like they want it. We have ZERO shots on goal. What the hell is O'Neill doing? He's done this so many times in the past when we have a chance to win an important game and decides to play not to lose. These women better start pressuring Michigan on the defensive side in the second half or this game is over.

It's almost as if we're trying not to score in this first half. It is absolutely bizarre to me.

Reactions: biazza38
How did they beat this team on this same field one month ago, 4-1? They look tight. May be feeling too much pressure to perform because they're in front of their own home crowd?

Reactions: biazza38
Well O'Neill what are you going to do in the second half? Here's a thought: how about trying to score? How about putting pressure on Michigan's D?

How did they beat this team on this same field one month ago, 4-1? They look tight. May be feeling too much pressure to perform because they're in front of their own home crowd?
Someone told me the game was rescheduled and UM was tired from the travel for a midweek game after playing on a Sunday.

Reactions: TRKnight
mich is used to winning and expects to win.....ru on the other hand ru is trying to establish that culture.....but you have to break through....it has to be today......fh did it........wake up ladies.............lets not be the same old ru

Reactions: RU MAN
Tex, I don't know. That shouldn't be an excuse. They should be excited to play. they look flat. And there is no excuse for that.

RU giving the ball away way too much at midfield and in our defensive end and the goal featured another giveaway, poor on the ball defending and weak goaltending. Team needs to wake up and start being more aggressive if they want to win.

If someone said we’d only win one of 2 today, I would think WSoccer instead of FH. Worst case is FH still got one. Maybe RU comes out pumped in the 2nd half.

Well O'Neill what are you going to do in the second half? Here's a thought: how about trying to score? How about putting pressure on Michigan's D?
Can't put pressure on Michigan's D if you can't get the ball out of your own half.

mich is used to winning and expects to win.....ru on the other hand ru is trying to establish that culture.....but you have to break through....it has to be today......fh did it........wake up ladies.............lets not be the same old ru
What the heck are you taking about. RU Women’s soccer has much more success than Michigan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT