ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Women’s Soccer Wraps Up Nonconference Action with Monmouth, La Salle

Hope the weather cooperates for the Monmouth game. We are getting thunderstorms here in Philly. Not sure how the weather is in NB.

RU playing much better and with urgency ... still down 2-1 but lots of pressure and chances ... outshooting them 4-0 in first 10 min

25 min left ... Monmouth with no 2nd half shots still up 2-1

RU outshooting 6-0 in 2nd half ... and 6-0 advantage on corners ... just a matter of time

RU dominating 2nd half ... about to breakthrough soon!!!!!

RU domInating every stat but the one that counts ... 9-0 on corners now

Monmouth first shot in 2nd half with 7 min left ... still 2-1

RU outshot them 13-4, more SOG at 7-3, and corner kick edge of 9-0 ... disappointing to see a 5 goal turnaround since last season (won 4-0 last year) ... didn’t get the luck tonight losing 2-1.

That is a HORRIBLE loss, PERIOD, but Hopefully coach uses this to propel the team moving forward headed into conference play..

Once again we exhibited the tendency as we have had at times in prior years of coming out at 3/4 speed with too many girls waltzing around. Obviously the coaches got their attention at half time as we came out hard in the 2nd half & totally dominated Monmouth but couldn't put the ball in the back of the net. On an injury note, Brittnany LaPlant went down near the end of the game & stayed down awhile. Looked like a shoulder. Hope she is ok. Tierney Wiltshire was out this game with an ankle. Hopes to be back soon. Carina Hendley tore an acl in practice & is out for the year. Hope we get Emily Harrigan back soon.

Once again, the big ten is tough this year. You can’t come out 3/4s speed and expect to win

Just checked in and see RU is down at the half 1-0 ... starting to look like a .500 in conference team this year ... hopefully the team steps up against B1G competition

Pleasant surprise ... turned game on and 2-2 in OT ... way to come back!

Tied at 2-2 ... RU outshooting La Salle 26-6 (11-4 SOG) and up 6-4 on corners.

Tie game to avoid the loss.

Comparing last years’ games.

2017:
RU 4 Monmouth 0
RU 3 La Salle 1

2018:
Monmouth 2 RU 1
RU 2 La Salle 2

In both games a couple of break downs & the opponents capitalized. Again failed to convert a penalty shot. This time vs LaSalle. We had plenty of pressure & chances in both & only a few scores to show. On to the Big. Go RU.

In both games a couple of break downs & the opponents capitalized. Again failed to convert a penalty shot. This time vs LaSalle. We had plenty of pressure & chances in both & only a few scores to show. On to the Big. Go RU.
We seem to have problems finishing every year. RU Dad do you think that’s because he plays such a defensive style?

only ru can have a parade player of the year all everything.,but cant dominate
offensively.....unbelievable.....shouldn't have disturbed the ancient indian burial ground...what else can cause the steroidal murphy's law that persists year after year, after year....football is the best example...what will it take to brake this cycle ....frankly after 42 years of this ,you would think i'd be use to it
old age is approaching, and time is running out for me.....how long man, how long....signed long suffering scarlet knight ......hey, just thought it might be dick vitale put a malocchio ....the evil eye.. on ru for not hiring him for the hc job
have to have a sense of humor....sometimes i just cant believe what goes on
with ru's athletics

Reactions: LC-88
only ru can have a parade player of the year all everything.,but cant dominate
offensively.....unbelievable.....shouldn't have disturbed the ancient indian burial ground...what else can cause the steroidal murphy's law that persists year after year, after year....football is the best example...what will it take to brake this cycle ....frankly after 42 years of this ,you would think i'd be use to it
old age is approaching, and time is running out for me.....how long man, how long....signed long suffering scarlet knight ......hey, just thought it might be dick vitale put a malocchio ....the evil eye.. on ru for not hiring him for the hc job
have to have a sense of humor....sometimes i just cant believe what goes on
with ru's athletics
Don’t drink the water ...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT