ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Women's Basketball to Open Big Ten Play Against #16/15 Indiana

Sloppy play both teams3:26 left 1st.
7-9, both teams 5 turnovers
RU 3/10 shooting, IN 4/6

Very hard to watch so many turnovers and women’s refs are so bad!
But we are winning

22-27 half.
RU has rebound edge 19-16
11 turnovers (7 for IN)
Bates two big threes, Smikle 3 fouls

Both Rutgers teams have something in common namely inability to make layups.I also wish both teams ran a better half court offense with player movement in a weave pattern creating dribble drives to the basket and open 3 point shots from the corners.

Reactions: KevH
Both Rutgers teams have something in common namely inability to make layups.I also wish both teams ran a better half court offense with player movement in a weave pattern creating dribble drives to the basket and open 3 point shots from the corners.
Agreed 100%

Interesting how so many of these comments are the same from same posters year after year.

I was there. It’s your evaluation of what took place. This team played the #15 team in the country and were down by 6 points with 41 seconds left. You made these exact same criticisms when we had a coach that you obviously disliked. Why not come to a game and provide some encouragement. Provide me your address and I’ll send you tickets for the Penn State game on 1/14. Email jvbroggi@aol.com

crickets.

Last edited:
I watched the shortened version of the game on the Big 10 Network and I was pleasantly surprised by the performance of our Ladies Knights against the #15 team in the nation. We obviously are not in the same league; however, the distance between the two teams was far less than I expected based on our play in earlier games. There is a renewed hope that the team will improve even further as the season progresses. I only wish coach Washington recruited a few more players since the roster is still very small and any injuries would impact the team much more than teams with a near full roster.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUClassof67
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT