ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan D’Imperio Stats

I don't get the OPs reason behind posting old players stats and linking his twitter feed. Is he trying to get clicks?

What is he trying to accomplish.

I'm guessing yes?

He curates a Rutgers history X account. Seems harmless. Why the attitude?
Well I’ll admit I’m still trying to figure out what the initial first post about Scarlet Fever was all about.

It didn’t work and not sure if was ever fixed.

Well at least it's Rutgers Football related, especially during a slow period like now.
We're so close. We are inside the 2-month window. And about 4-month for the amazing class of basketball stars we got. 5 months from now we may be talking CFP possibilities and celebrating the young basketball team beating some serious competition in that Vegas tourney. Let's go Rutgers!

We're so close. We are inside the 2-month window. And about 4-month for the amazing class of basketball stars we got. 5 months from now we may be talking CFP possibilities and celebrating the young basketball team beating some serious competition in that Vegas tourney. Let's go Rutgers!

I have had 2 random conversations with people this past week about Rutgers Football. One was with a colleague earlier in the week, the other was this morning, very early at my mechanic. Guy saw the block R's on my car, started talking about his time at RU and the football team, morphed into how happy he was that Schiano was back and that he was thinking of going down for a game or two this year since the team was improving so much. This is the kind of fan we need to cultivate. If we can start bringing back the casual fan we'll start packing our stadium once again.

I have had 2 random conversations with people this past week about Rutgers Football. One was with a colleague earlier in the week, the other was this morning, very early at my mechanic. Guy saw the block R's on my car, started talking about his time at RU and the football team, morphed into how happy he was that Schiano was back and that he was thinking of going down for a game or two this year since the team was improving so much. This is the kind of fan we need to cultivate. If we can start bringing back the casual fan we'll start packing our stadium once again.
I don’t understand. Why is this the fan we need to “cultivate”? When we start winning guys like this will show up and be a dime a dozen. The stadium will be packed with or without this guy .
Was there something about the car he was driving?
The fans we need to cultivate in the NIL era are the heavy hitters $$

Reactions: We R New Jersey
I don’t understand. Why is this the fan we need to “cultivate”?

Because he's an alumni who is disconnected from the university living up in Northern NJ. You reel him back in with a good football team, he begins to become a loyal alum, who feels part of the university. The more he becomes involved, the more he supports the university. I'm not looking at this as someone who just supports the football program, but someone who reconnects with their time at the university and becomes a supporter overall. I saw this happen in 2006-2008, it can happen again. The football team becomes a platform for disconnected or disaffected alumni to reestablish their ties with Rutgers.

Because he's an alumni who is disconnected from the university living up in Northern NJ. You reel him back in with a good football team, he begins to become a loyal alum, who feels part of the university. The more he becomes involved, the more he supports the university. I'm not looking at this as someone who just supports the football program, but someone who reconnects with their time at the university and becomes a supporter overall. I saw this happen in 2006-2008, it can happen again. The football team becomes a platform for disconnected or disaffected alumni to reestablish their ties with Rutgers.

I think your logic was sound up until about 2 years ago. Now it’s all about NIL. Guys like this aren’t coming around and unless we win and then they are a dime a dozen.
I doubt he’s a heavy hitter when it comes to donations… What kind of car was he getting fixed at the mechanic ?

I think your logic was sound up until about 2 years ago. Now it’s all about NIL. Guys like this aren’t coming around and unless we win and then they are a dime a dozen.
I doubt he’s a heavy hitter when it comes to donations… What kind of car was he getting fixed at the mechanic ?

Who gives a shit about what he's donating? I mean, really? God you have some fvcked up priorities. Why do you feel the need to so fvcking miserable all the time?

Who gives a shit about what he's donating? I mean, really? God you have some fvcked up priorities. Why do you feel the need to so fvcking miserable all the time?
I am not being miserable. You said this is a guy we need to cultivate . Am I allowed to disagree that we need to cultivate other types of fans ?
You still didn’t answer what kind of car he was driving.

You still didn’t answer what kind of car he was driving.

I have no idea - he wasn't driving. He came in with his mom's car, didn't really get a chance to see it as it was at the entrance and my car was 3-4 in.

Am I allowed to disagree that we need to cultivate other types of fans ?

We're not disagreeing - we need to cultivate deep pocket fans, no question about that. But bringing alumni back into the fold? I think that's more beneficial for the school as a whole. And let's be serious, we haven't seen a sold out stadium since 2014. It'd be nice to have a rockin' and roarin' stadium to intimidate an opponent.

Reactions: Plum Street
I have no idea - he wasn't driving. He came in with his mom's car, didn't really get a chance to see it as it was at the entrance and my car was 3-4 in.

We're not disagreeing - we need to cultivate deep pocket fans, no question about that. But bringing alumni back into the fold? I think that's more beneficial for the school as a whole. And let's be serious, we haven't seen a sold out stadium since 2014. It'd be nice to have a rockin' and roarin' stadium to intimidate an opponent.
The money is in businesses in New Jersey.. you get that you get the players and the wins and the demand and recognition and big money individuals will follow... if you keep your good name. Of course, we have seen thug programs get big money too.. but that should be avoided, of course. The good name will keep the businesses.. once you get them. And we need to invest properly.. into the NIL players.. into program support.. and treating fans right... ALL the fans.

These are not the customers where you are happy to make one sale and then don't care about service afterward because there are so many potential customers and no competition... this is the business where you need loyal customers. And you work for that loyalty. Invest in that loyalty. Even your players are your customers. Treat everyone like gold because they are the gold.

Talk here of the casual fans... the potential casual fan... imagine them hearing someone.. a relative, a coworker.. come back from a game raving about the gameday atmosphere. Imagine that fellow Big Ten fans spread the word about visiting Rutgers for a game... and it gets back to New Jersey locals. Imagine TV sports reporters and broadcast guys raving about the gameday atmosphere. I think that "Boardwalk" thing we got going is paying some dividends that way... and that shows they are investing in the gameday experience and in treating fans right. They got to keep that going and improve the things that get teh criticisms.. we have heard the complaints.

I am hopeful that I have seen the signs saying things are headed the right way. Keep the faith.

Last edited:
The money is in businesses in New Jersey.. you get that you get the players and the wins and the demand and recognition and big money individuals will follow... if you keep your good name. Of course, we have seen thug programs get big money too.. but that should be avoided, of course. The good name will keep the businesses.. once you get them. And we need to invest properly.. into the NIL players.. into program support.. and treating fans right... ALL the fans.

These are not the customers where you are happy to make one sale and then don't care about service afterward because there are so many potential customers and no competition... this is the business where you need loyal customers. And you work for that loyalty. Invest in that loyalty. Even your players are your customers. Treat everyone like gold because they are the gold.

Talk here of the casual fans... the potential casual fan... imagine them hearing someone.. a relative, a coworker.. come back from a game raving about the gameday atmosphere. Imagine that fellow Big Ten fans spread the word about visiting Rutgers for a game... and it gets back to New Jersey locals. Imagine TV sports reporters and broadcast guys raving about the gameday atmosphere. I think that "Boardwalk" thing we got going is paying some dividends that way... and that shows they are investing in the gameday experience and in treating fans right. They got to keep that going and improve the things that get teh criticisms.. we have heard the complaints.

I am hopeful that I have seen the signs saying things are headed the right way. Keep the faith.
A lot of this is dependent on what Rutgers does, independent of the play and final score, to get people to come back AFTER experiencing our gameday.

The listening part is big. Hope they’ve got some big scarlet ears. 🙂

Reactions: Plum Street
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT