ADVERTISEMENT

S&C - 35 Days

My, how times have changed, Lol.
What a “few” years of technology will do for working out.
We used the wall to workout. Put your back against the wall and squat 1/2 way down and hold it for over a minute or two or until coach said ok. Seemed like 10 minutes.
Old timers must remember those days, not to mention sprints till you dry heaved.
Glad things are better but I do miss the good old days... Carry on!

Get out the way yo, get out the way yo, Biggie Smalls just got dropped!

Last edited:
Reactions: RutgHoops
All that beef and we lost two of the greatest rappers of all-time and the path was cleared for ringtone rappers like

It's terrible @Russ Wood , it really is. I know I'll sound old (I'm only 42) but I work with a bunch of mid-20 youngsters and we rotate DJ duties in the office. When one of them decides to play rap all day I grab my headphones and zone it out. All that new garbage? No thanks. I don't get it, ha. When I'm up? And I play some rap? All 80s and 90s man. Mostly 90s actually. Pac, Big, Mobb Deep, Nas, Bone Thugs, Beatnuts, Wu of course. Gotta culture these youngsters!!! SMH.

All that beef and we lost two of the greatest rappers of all-time and the path was cleared for ringtone rappers like

It's terrible @Russ Wood , it really is. I know I'll sound old (I'm only 42) but I work with a bunch of mid-20 youngsters and we rotate DJ duties in the office. When one of them decides to play rap all day I grab my headphones and zone it out. All that new garbage? No thanks. I don't get it, ha. When I'm up? And I play some rap? All 80s and 90s man. Mostly 90s actually. Pac, Big, Mobb Deep, Nas, Bone Thugs, Beatnuts, Wu of course. Gotta culture these youngsters!!! SMH.
I’m 39, with kids, grew up in a tough hood in Jersey. Still don’t listen to today’s music. Lol. Maybe the radio hits, but that’s it. Sad time for Hip-Hop.

Today's hip-hop is not all bad. If you're 42 years old today I understand why you love hip hop from the 90s. There is plenty ofr research that shows that people tend to hold on to the music they loved during the time they were 12-24 years old.

Today's hip-hop is not all bad. If you're 42 years old today I understand why you love hip hop from the 90s. There is plenty ofr research that shows that people tend to hold on to the music they loved during the time they were 12-24 years old.

Today’s “mumble rap” does no justice to the days of KRS 1, Mobb Deep, Eric B & Rakim, Gangstar, Leaders of the New School, Tribe Called Quest, Onyx, Wu Tang, NWA, LL Cool J, I can go on and on and on.

GO RU

Reactions: Scarlet Blind
Today’s “mumble rap” does no justice to the days of KRS 1, Mobb Deep, Eric B & Rakim, Gangstar, Leaders of the New School, Tribe Called Quest, Onyx, Wu Tang, NWA, LL Cool J, I can go on and on and on.

GO RU
The mumble rappers aren't exactly lyricists, they don't have much to say and most of them are high when they record the songs. Mumble rap is more about the track than what the rapper is saying. Having said that, I LOVE Migos "Bad and Boujee" and "Stir Fry."

Truthfully, I miss being in clubs where I could hear music like this all nite

Reactions: larissa03
My, how times have changed, Lol.
What a “few” years of technology will do for working out.
We used the wall to workout. Put your back against the wall and squat 1/2 way down and hold it for over a minute or two or until coach said ok. Seemed like 10 minutes.
Old timers must remember those days, not to mention sprints till you dry heaved.
Glad things are better but I do miss the good old days... Carry on!
The kids still do that but now they dribble ball between their legs while doing so

This is 100% true, and I'm proud (and glad) that I came of age when I did. 80s laid the foundation and the 90s just took it beyond next level. There are some young heads who get it, though. I just don't have the time to sift through hours and hours of weakness to get to the realness these days. I need somebody to curate for me... lol!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT