ADVERTISEMENT

Schedule - Any idea when it will be released?

Only 6 home duals?! 13 road duals/neutral duals?! Are you effing kidding me?! This is another joke of a home schedule.

I am really questioning my commitment to my season tickets. This is an embarrassment. This is why attendance is falling.
It’s a fair criticism that there are only 6 home duals but tix look to be $105 for the season per tix. Seems reasonable, no?

It’s a fair criticism that there are only 6 home duals but tix look to be $105 for the season per tix. Seems reasonable, no?
2 seasons ago there were only 4 home duals at the RAC, another absolute joke, and the athletic department issued season ticket holders a credit for the next season. So, to me, no, not reasonable.

I'd like to hear from some of other season ticket holders if they are happy with this season's home schedule.

2 seasons ago there were only 4 home duals at the RAC, another absolute joke, and the athletic department issued season ticket holders a credit for the next season. So, to me, no, not reasonable.

I'd like to hear from some of other season ticket holders if they are happy with this season's home schedule.
Not happy...I want to watch our fellas wrestle more at the RAC. Giving up a home match to wrestle in South Jersey with such a light schedule is a head scratcher.

I have been season ticket holder for over 10years, this is my last year. Thank goodness for season parking pass, joke what they charge if you don't have one.

Reactions: dollarbill
Bill, surely you cannot be happy with home schedule for this season. It's a joke, again. What the heck is Goodale doing?

Not happy with the six home meets. The general admission at that Tom’s River place which only holds around 3000 is really not an appealing.venue.

Attendance for home meets has not been going in a good direction and I fear many are losing interest in the program. I’m down to 2 season tickets from a high of 7.

The Tom’s River meet is a NC State set up by the Journeyman (Popolizo). Sure I would rather have more home meets!
I know you guys have said NC St set up that match, but is it just coincidental that it’s in the town where Goodale lives and at the high school his kids attended?

Either way, 6 home duals is still kind of low. They should have 8-9 annually. Four big 10s, a Rider or Princeton match, a major non conference program (ACC, Big 12, etc), and 2-3 first semester/late season tuneup matches like Army, Buffalo, Bloomsburg, etc.

The Messners of this forum remind me of the Flo Guys. Ignore any constructive criticism and point the finger back at the consumer. From 6 season tickets to 3 last year. Now down to 2 this year and because of arrogant yes men like Mike Messner, 0 next year.

I am not aware of restrictions that may interfere with the number of matches a team can have, but wonder if Rutgers can schedule three +or- invitation matches for the second-string guys. Invite good teams like the weaker ones on the current schedule for unofficial matches. I'm too far away to attend matches, but if I were still local, I would be interested in seeing some of the guys wrestle that we don't see otherwise. That could help the home match total, revenue, and get good matches for the back-ups. Just trying to think creatively.

4 duals under the Journeymen banner in what appear to be high school gyms and only 6 duals in JMA. 45 days between the first home dual in early December, during the heart of the season, to the next home dual. Then 3 B1G home duals in 8 days. Another 12 day dead period before the last B1G dual on Valentines Day and then the final home dual with Penn on a Wednesday night.
I get that the B1G schedule is out of our hands and we also have 2 basketball programs sharing JMA but the way the dates fall on this entire schedule leaves a lot to be desired.

Last edited:
4 duals under the Journeymen banner in what appear to be high school gyms and only 6 duals in JMA. 45 days between the first home dual in early December, during the heart of the season, to the next home dual. Then 3 B1G home duals in 8 days. Another 12 day dead period before the last B1G dual on Valentines Day and then the final home dual with Penn on a Wednesday night.
I get that the B1G schedule is out of our hands and we also have 2 basketball programs sharing JMA but the way the dates fall on this entire schedule leaves a lot to be desired.
You might be the first person in the history of wrestling to call December the heart of dual season

6 home duals doesn't seem like a lot, so I thought I'd check Penn State's schedule from the last few years. I recalled that we didn't have many home matches either. Maybe it's just that everyone is scheduling fewer duals? Not sure, but here are the numbers for PSU:

23-24: 7 home, 5 away
22-23: 7 home, 9 away
21-22: 7 home, 10 away
20-21: 0 home, 6 away (COVID year)
19-20: 8 home, 6 away

I'll throw out the COVID year because that was weird for everyone. So excluding that, PSU has wrestled 29 home duals and 30 away in the last 4 full seasons. A bit surprising!

Reactions: DUForever
You might be the first person in the history of wrestling to call December the heart of dual season
You omitted my reference to the first 19 days of January in addition to the lesser number of days that we don’t have a home dual in December. Call it what you will but check the wrestling calendar and you will see that the referenced period falls during a time when interest in the dual season is high. Obviously more so in January.

Last edited:
The Tom’s River meet is a NC State set up by the Journeyman (Popolizo). Sure I would rather have more home meets!
A B1G program should be telling an ACC program to do a home and home or forget it. I refuse to believe that the payments received from this setup will offset the potential lost revenue from having another home marquee match. The Bethlehem Pa. matches make more sense for recruiting purposes. $$$$

A B1G program should be telling an ACC program to do a home and home or forget it. I refuse to believe that the payments received from this setup will offset the potential lost revenue from having another home marquee match. The Bethlehem Pa. matches make more sense for recruiting purposes. $$$$
Fully agree. The Pennsylvania event is a huge deal and can be considered a “reverse showcase” where college programs can get exposure to some great upcoming talent in the Lehigh Valley.
NC State would have been a great home dual. The promoter is the NC State coach’s brother so I’m sure that plays a large part in this. Convenient for NC State with Princeton also participating.
That being said it will be interesting to see what the attendance will be.

Reactions: dollarbill
Fully agree. The Pennsylvania event is a huge deal and can be considered a “reverse showcase” where college programs can get exposure to some great upcoming talent in the Lehigh Valley.
NC State would have been a great home dual. The promoter is the NC State coach’s brother so I’m sure that plays a large part in this. Convenient for NC State with Princeton also participating.
That being said it will be interesting to see what the attendance will be.
It will be sold out. I know people who are involved with scheduling events at the arena and it wouldn’t have been booked if a sellout wasn’t expected. The arena only holds about 3000 people if all of the bleachers are pulled out in full.

It will be sold out. I know people who are involved with scheduling events at the arena and it wouldn’t have been booked if a sellout wasn’t expected. The arena only holds about 3000 people if all of the bleachers are pulled out in full.
If that is the case hopefully we get some new fans for the program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT