ADVERTISEMENT

Schedule Update / Eight Plus One

So who will be the 7th team on the west we get to play? I guess that’s the fight for #13!🕺🏼🥳

I’m guessing one of the crappy (like it’s state) Illinois teams

Reactions: Terry_2426
upside is potential for 3 divisional wins, and depending on the crossovers, maybe one on that side. i think we're maxing at 4 win potential before the last game. floor is zero wins.
Quite the floor there!

At end of year, one plays one, two plays two, three plays three and so on as a plus one to get to nine games

I like this scheduling idea. Gives each team a cross-division bowl game type opportunity to end season on a high note.

The goals for Rutgers this year should be:
1. Win a league game.
2. Finish above 7th in East.
3. Show significant improvement on -304 total points scored in Big Ten play (2019's result)

You know one of the cross divisional games will be Wisconsin. Barry Alvarez is the head of the scheduling committee for return to play. He'll get good ole RU on his schedule for sure

I don't think we end up 7th in the division in the first place, I am predicting a 2 win regular season and a 6th seed playing Illinois or Nebraska.

Reactions: RCBeta79
West Point 4 wins? I'll have some of what you're having. I'll message you my address. LOL

The teams should be able to play an OOC game the week of the 17th. As long as that team is also tested within a day or two.

Interesting wrinkle is that RU would play the team in the same standings position during the week of the conference championship.

I think I like this, but lets see how it goes.

Forfeits could make things interesting depending on how they are factored into rankings

That +1 is probably our only chance of a win.
tenor.gif

Hard to predict wins without the full schedule. I hope Northwestern is on the slate for us.

Director of athletics Gary Barta said the Iowa schedule, as well as those for all Big Ten teams, remains a work in progress as conversations with the conference’s television partners continues.

Barta did say he expects the possibility of Big Ten teams being involved in more Friday night games and more primetime games than in past years when the league schedule is unveiled in upcoming days.

Reactions: newell138
Director of athletics Gary Barta said the Iowa schedule, as well as those for all Big Ten teams, remains a work in progress as conversations with the conference’s television partners continues.

Barta did say he expects the possibility of Big Ten teams being involved in more Friday night games and more primetime games than in past years when the league schedule is unveiled in upcoming days.

Would love to see a few Thurs or Friday night games

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT