ADVERTISEMENT

Season Ticket Holders Free Basketball and Wrestling Tickets

How do you intrepret the above statement from the e-mail?

• You get a pair of free tickets to all of the games/matches listed.

Votes: 29 67.4%
  • You get a pair of tickets to one of the four events listed

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • You get nothing.

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
How would you interpret the e-mail below?

"As a benefit for being a season ticket holder, you are eligible for a pair of complimentary tickets to Men's Basketball vs. Minnesota and Penn State, Women's Basketball vs. Maryland, and Wrestling vs. Princeton. Use your unique promo code below to claim your tickets today."

EDIT- My code was denied after my first purchase, but after seeing a post below, I called, and the ticket office hooked me up with all 4 events.

Last edited:
Reactions: biker7766

"As a benefit for being a season ticket holder, you are eligible for a pair of complimentary tickets to Men's Basketball vs. Minnesota and Penn State, Women's Basketball vs. Maryland, and Wrestling vs. Princeton. Use your unique promo code below to claim your tickets today."

Wording is confusing if only one of the 4. But in the past I don't recall that this STH benefit included 2 men's BB games like it appears to say above, only just one. But I think it could have been almost any game on the schedule, not just a select few. So maybe they removed the option of choosing any game for getting the opportunity to attend 2 games that they selected (for men's BB, that is).

Wording is confusing if only one of the 4. But in the past I don't recall that this STH benefit included 2 men's BB games like it appears to say above, only just one. But I think it could have been almost any game on the schedule, not just a select few. So maybe they removed the option of choosing any game for getting the opportunity to attend 2 games that they selected (for men's BB, that is).

Use of "and", as opposed to "or", implies we get them all. Whether that's how it actually works, I cannot say.

Well, I thought all 4, thinking they wanted to fill the place for each of those. I chose wrestling first, not because it was my first choice, but because there were not many tickets left.

i read that as all and as a mktg person feel things like this should always be very clear or else people get annoyed/disappointed.
On a separate note, (and i think this is still the case this year) the part that annoys me the most is that you could have a group of double digit season ticket holders and still only get 2 total tickets to the game. and if it is only 2 even if you pay for 10 season tix, don't advertise it as a benefit to all season ticket holders. Didnt they used to have this giveaway and you got to match the amt of season tix you had?

Reactions: rubigtimenow
i read that as all and as a mktg person feel things like this should always be very clear or else people get annoyed/disappointed.
On a separate note, (and i think this is still the case this year) the part that annoys me the most is that you could have a group of double digit season ticket holders and still only get 2 total tickets to the game. and if it is only 2 even if you pay for 10 season tix, don't advertise it as a benefit to all season ticket holders. Didnt they used to have this giveaway and you got to match the amt of season tix you had?
It's a benefit to season ticket account holders, not all those that hold/use those season tickets :grimace:. Each account gets 2.

i just tried the code for 2 tickets to the Minny game and it says none are available... error? or there really isn't any available?...

It's a benefit to season ticket account holders, not all those that hold/use those season tickets :grimace:. Each account gets 2.
right, i just think that notion is a bit tacky. Either give the benefit to season ticket holders or don't. Obviously it's not some major thing to get worked up over...but definitely a way to put a sour taste in some peoples mouths (similar to being unclear and people thinking they can go to all these events and then saying 'nope...just 1')
As I mentioned, i think they did originally offer bball games to all the season ticket holders a few years back and then stopped and only did 2 per overall account.

Well, I thought all 4, thinking they wanted to fill the place for each of those. I chose wrestling first, not because it was my first choice, but because there were not many tickets left.
Princeton match is going to be sold out anyway. I have no idea why they're giving free tickets to this one. You have #1 Kolodizk going against #2 Ashnault. It's going to be an overall close match so IMO stupid decision to include this one. NJ wrestling folks will come out just for that head to head alone.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Princeton match is going to be sold out anyway. I have no idea why they're giving free tickets to this one. You have #1 Kolodizk going against #2 Ashnault. It's going to be an overall close match so IMO stupid decision to include this one. NJ wrestling folks will come out just for that head to head alone.
I may make a fortune scalping my tickets for the wrestling match.

I just checked the online Football Fan Appreciation offer - there were no tickets showing for the Minnesota or Penn State games.....A Football Season Ticket holder for 38 Years....not a good promotion!

I just checked the online Football Fan Appreciation offer - there were no tickets showing for the Minnesota or Penn State games.....A Football Season Ticket holder for 38 Years....not a good promotion!
Yep I checked also... both had nothing. Sell out the promotion the day you give it out? Strange. At least open up the 300s.

FRACKIN STUPID and TYPICAL RUTGERS. Couldn't get squat and totally confusing offer/process.
You football only guys...please share your freebees on the tix exchange forum. Was looking at PSU and the ladies.

I'm not sure about that, as there's a huge middle school tourney for the NJGSWL at Hunterdon Central that day where many of us will be (24 teams/school districts from CNJ and NNJ), unfortunately. I'm annoyed they didn't have it Sat, but it's Super Bowl Sunday every year.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Both men’s basketball games were out of tickets within 2 hrs. I’d guess there are plenty of seats in the 300s left.

FRACKIN STUPID and TYPICAL RUTGERS. Couldn't get squat and totally confusing offer/process.
You football only guys...please share your freebees on the tix exchange forum. Was looking at PSU and the ladies.

After re reading the posts and trying yet again a totally different request I got the women's game. Ok.
My sister who has season tix never even got the offer.

I'm not sure about that, as there's a huge middle school tourney for the NJGSWL at Hunterdon Central that day where many of us will be (24 teams/school districts from CNJ and NNJ), unfortunately. I'm annoyed they didn't have it Sat, but it's Super Bowl Sunday every year.
Well did not know about that. So maybe not a sell out. That really sucks for you from missing this big match perspective, but coaching is where your heart is, I hear you mention it proudly from time to time.

P.S. I think we're going to go down in glorious flames in this one. Princeton's tough, with no healthy 184lber left we're in deep do do in this one.

Well did not know about that. So maybe not a sell out. That really sucks for you from missing this big match perspective, but coaching is where your heart is, I hear you mention it proudly from time to time.

P.S. I think we're going to go down in glorious flames in this one. Princeton's tough, with no healthy 184lber left we're in deep do do in this one.
Yeah I couldn't miss the tourney. Sucks big time. Wish they were different days.

I hope we don't go down in flames but Princeton is tough and it would be hard to overcome giving away 6 at 184.

EDIT- My code was denied after my first purchase, but after seeing a post below, I called, and the ticket office hooked me up with all 4 events.
I picked up a pair to each game too. You just couldn’t leave one seat alone. Nice little perk.

Sucks big time. Wish they were different days.

I hope we don't go down in flames but Princeton is tough and it would be hard to overcome giving away 6 at 184. We'll also need Metlzer to not get techd.

Free tickets to the women's game are still available at this writing. 200 level.

Just tried to access my "free" benefit for basketball tickets and there are none available.

If true, what kind of nonsense is that! I just got the email.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT